Adapting Dream

I’ve been lding for a good while and have come across many things, techniques, ideas and intriguing observances. one such observance iz that over time my dream (or mind am nt sure which one) started adapting to lucidity techniques such az wilding which simply meanz after i used these techniques a couple of timez they stp working. Also i would like to mention techniques used to stabilize the dream world. I read somewhere in an article in one of these forums abt shouting out orders such az “Clarity now” or "Increase clarity " and also “Increase lucidity” and such forth that can be used to stabilize the dream. At first lng time ago before i joined this website it worked for but then after a week or so my dreamz stopped responding to such orders so to satisfy my curiosity i would like to know if dreamz can adapt to such thingz

That’s the first time I read something along these lines… Seem to be the norm that when one learns a technique that works for him, it keeps working indefinitely.

But if you say so, then I believe it. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with you being younger (as you mention LDing for a good while, I imagine this has been happening for years now).

And welcome to the forum :smile:

I know this can sound stupid and already too much used but the things we do in LD are the things in which we believe… Maybe for some reason you started to doubt about those techniques or maybe you started to used them more automatically then you should…

If you logically look at things as they are, we never control the dream, we only control a part of the dream on which we are concentrated… Once when lucid if you don’t remind yourself from time to time that you are lucid you can lose lucidity…

So my opinion is that once you’re lucid you should stop and be sure that you are dreaming and then all your concentration put in one direction, in your example too achieve higher lucidity or vividness…

Hope this helps… Good Luck… And BELIEVE! :content:

dB_FTS is completely right,

However, some techniques have that problem, for instance, the MILD technique.
When using MILD technique, you may need to change the mantra slightly from time to time to make it more efficient. You just need to know how to deal with it.

From my own personal experience, I can confirm your findings that your mind can gain a tolerance to these types of techniques. Where I see this the most is when trying a well tested RC. For example, the first time you try the nose plug RC you may be able to breathe perfectly, but as you use it more, it may get harder and harder to breathe. It seems reasonable that this would extend to things like the clarity commands. My advice would be to try to adapt your techniques as the dream gets a tolerance to your old ones.

An example of this would be increasing clarity. I read an article elsewhere that said something like the following. Spinning or rubbing your hands is a common suggestion for increasing clarity and staying in a fading dream. Why do these work, though? For one, when you are spinning, you pay more attention to the sensation of spinning as well as your surroundings zooming by. When rubbing your hands, essentially the same is true. When using the verbal commands, you start paying more attention to the dream to see if it really is more clear. Therefore, the root of all of these is the mindfulness these commands initiate towards the dream.

Based on that, it is possible that the reason you are gaining a tolerance to this technique is that you have done it so much that it has become a reflex and has lost its ability to inspire the requisite mindfulness in you. Try actually paying attention when you use these techniques. Instead of just saying “increase clarity” and expecting something to happen, find an anchor (dream object) and focus on it and try to increase your awareness of the dream. This may help you.

Thanx for the advice guyz. Another thing iz before i learnt about the wild technique i did almost every morning but after doing it for a few dayz i couldnt wild anymore could it be linked to the belief theory