WILD: sound technique - has anyone successfully used this?

Stupid topic…I wasn’t conscious of the annoying ringing sound in my ears till I read this topic. It’s like being told that the next time you swallow you’ll hear a popping sound. :bored:

BTW, I didn’t even know what tinnitus was nor did I know that not everyone else hears this sound in their ears. One moment you’re healthy, the next moment you suddenly have a ‘condition’, arghhh.

I dont think it’s disease. I have it since birth and its natural for me, i hear it only when i focus on it (in silence rather). Its like breathing - its there only if you remember.

I’ve noticed that when I eat ice cream or too much Starbucks whipped cream my ears ring more. That’s the only way I eat dairy btw. That and cheese on the odd burger.

JB

Dont do it this way. Better concentrate in silence and carefully listen… Your diet seems a bit…unhealthy. There are claims that say that food affects dreams…

Then how come sometimes randomly when its not necissarily quiet, you suddenly hear the ringing very loud? like completly out of the blue—

That does not happen to me and if it causes you pain or bothers you lot, then its not natural and you should go to doctor.

I dont think that what i have is disease or “tinnitus”. I have it since birth.
I can hear it even in daily life, in my case all i have to do is a little concentration. As i said for me its like breathing - i notice it only when i get aware of it.

And the author of technique has explanations that claims that its brain signals altering consciousness to dream or something like that.

Same, and you just made it worse! :cry:

My technique here: [spoiler]This method is for people, who can hear the “tinnitus”. The idea is pretty much the same as the other WILD methods, which is to remain conscious while entering the dream state. In order to use this method, you must sleep in a perfectly quiet place. You need to hear the inner buzzing sound inside your ears. Lay your body down and relax as much as possible while trying to hear the sound. If you are too tired, you will fall asleep too fast and it will be difficult to remain conscious - it this case you should combine it with WBTB. By time you realize that the buzzing sound will increase in intensity. This might frighten newcomers, but be assured - nothing bad is going to happen. No, you will not be deaf when you wake up, it’s perfectly safe! It is just an effect caused by your brain is trying to change mode, from listening to the ambient sound, to listening to the sound of dreamland, which is not real sound but just electrical charge inputed to the part of the brain to create a sensation of hearing. By that time, you will enter the hypnagogic state. All you need to do is concentrate, do not be afraid or think of anything, just be still, and in time your dream body will float, separating from your physical body, and there you go, you arrive in the dreamworld.[/spoiler]

IT IS NOT CONDITION. Be calm. :content:

no i hear it like that maybe once a month for a span of about 10 seconds - and its comepletely random i never listen to really loud music soo idk…

This too sometimes happen to me, but thats not that sound…or it wont help even if it is, because its beyond your will…if you want to hear it, do whats recommended :content:

The “Listening In” technique is a bit tricky if you haven’t experienced the sound before. My advice is to listen for the sound and tune into it, rather than try to create the sound. When the crazy vibrations start to kick in and the sound gets more and more intense, you know you’ve tuned into the right sound and you’re about to enter the dream world :happy:

Nobody said you should “create” the sound.
You use the technique? Easy isn’t it? :content: I love it. I learned to have LD at will by this…

Same, it’s my favourite way. I’ve actually had WILD’s that way when i was home sick, before I even knew what lucid dreaming meant, it’s that easy :happy:
I said not to create the sound because I used to make that mistake of doing that and it would just keep me awake :tongue:

i have noticed this noise before it has happened on occasion in wakeing life butni never realised it is always there. I might have to give it a go doing WBTB. I have only had 3 LD s and two of them I purdy sure I went straight into doing MILD but I seem to wake very quickly doing this :grrr: . Hard to really say I know, because I have only done this twice but that was my experience both times. maybe my body was still too awake or something I dont know.

Yes definitely give it a try :content: . WBTB is not neccesary, use it only if you are tired and likely to fall asleep fast.

I can’t hear anything?

You must be in complete silence. Then just listen, do you hear absolute silence, or is there “something”? Do not try to create some sound, just listen. Maybe it will take a while.
And remember the sound is not external. Good luck :content:

That “something” is probably the best description of it. I wouldn’t say it’s a clear sound at all, but maybe a fuzziness at most.

Fuzzines maybe…for me its something like energy but…i cannot describe it - i have nothing to compare with.
Interesting Articles on it: Click Click