LD4all Quest 69, August: Travel to a sun!

LD4all Quest 69: August: Travel to a Sun!

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

LD4all Quest 69 Suggested by: Siiw and Ysim

Travel to a Sun

Here in the northern hemisphere it’s the middle of summer and the sun is beating down on many of us. In dreams though, the heat doesn’t have to be an issue, so why not take a closer look at the sun? In the southern hemisphere, it’s winter and some of you may be missing that sun :wink: Go get it back! If you’re feeling really adventurous, find another sun out there! Space is full of them.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid :wink:
  • Find a means of transportation; a space shuttle, teleporter, wings on your back, or however you want to travel
  • Find the sun, or any sun in any solar system
  • Optional: walk on the sun, fly through it, swim in it. Enjoy the physically impossible!
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Q will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • Decide what specifically you would like to do (visit our sun or another, walk on it, study it, swim in it, etc)
  • Picture yourself doing it
  • Imagine what it would feel like to do it

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

And finally: have fun everyone! Happy lucids! :ysim:

Cool! Actually, no, I should say Hot! Nope, that’s not it either.
I’ll let you know what word it ends up being. Great idea though :smile:

What if the wax thats holding my wing’s together melt when I get to close to the sun?

hahahah just like that one story where the father and the son try to escape prison. hahah i would suggest maybe taking a 100% fire/heatproof space ship and a suit :tongue:

Haha, a lucid Quest to motivate something I want to try to do :razz:

Cant wait till Ive diven into the sun :razz:

Ooooh I would love to visit the sun! I will definitely try this quest. But my goodness, it would take so long to fly there! I might need to try a new method of transportation…

I would definately be keen for this one, I think i will probably try a small shuttle like one that the jedi would use in star wars maybe.

Why would it take long to get there???
It’s a dream, traveling by using the power of the mind is much, much faster than the speed of light!

Had a lucid dream in which I attempted to fly through the sun. The flight had an unexpected turn of events!

ANOTHER SEARCH FOR ROBERT WAGGONER

Ah, this makes me want to travel to some other planetary system as well, see what sorts of planets I could find. Of course, I’d go check out the star (maybe binary star, that’d be cool) first. Man, you could see a whole range of stars varying in colour and size.

Yes, this quest is motivating me. :smile:

For those who want to visit interesting stars/Suns: :wink:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la … nown_stars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VY_Canis_Majoris

Title: 058 Liquid Sun

Time: 11:30pm-6:40am

Date: 17th-18th August

Lucidity: high

Description: I am with Josh and Rob. Josh is robbing a garage/sleep out type thing at the back of somebody’s house. He is inside rummaging through all sorts of junk. Nothing looks of great value and the whole room is a big mess. I don’t want anything to do with this and begin to walk away down the drive; I stop and then return to wipe my prints from the white ranch slider handle. I leave and Rob comes with me. I take a small jump and as I leave the ground keep ascending higher into the air until I reach maybe a couple hundred feet then start descending back toward the ground. I try to glide on my way down but have no luck and seem to pick up more speed. As I near the ground I see a tree covered in pink flowers coming into view I then grasp a hold of a branch. It doesn’t do much to save me and I hit the ground I roll a little distance as I hit the ground.
I’m still alive!! I realise I’m dreaming.
I lie on my back on the ground and crack up laughing! “This is just a dream” I shout out very loudly, confident no one can hear me. Now consciously aware I stop and take a good look at my surroundings; beautiful houses with white trims around each window, door frame, deck rail, fence and so on. With beautiful short mowed lawns with lush green grass and very well looked after gardens are all up the road.
I remember I have a goal “what is it?” I think. The first one that comes to mind is one that I want to try from ld4all travel to a sun. I close my eyes and say “when I open my eyes I want to be in a small space ship with heaps of power and go to the sun”. I snap my fingers before opening my eyes and there we have it I open my eyes. I’m in a *** pit, but there are not loads of gauges and buttons like you would think, just a big clear window very clean it almost looks like looking through a bubble. There is a steering wheel like that you would find in a car only it can move in all directions and a big round red button to the left of the steering wheel the passenger seat is empty, I’m alone.
I am now travelling through space but see no stars planets and definitely no sun around or near me. Just blackness I have no idea as to my speed hence the blackness and no speed gauge. The only sort of guide speed wise is the feeling of being pulled or pushed back into my seat; it does not feel as though I’m going very fast. However it fells very comfortable like it’s made of a stress ball type materiel or a gel seat.
I look at the big red button and think “what does this do!” I don’t know if I should risk pushing it, it may be an ejector seat or something. My curiosity gets the better of me and I push the button anyway. Wow!!! Now I feel myself forced back into the seat it is moulding around the shape of my body a very tight fit.
And there it is!!!
The sun just a dot about the size of a marble but with an amazing orange glow to it, then maybe a faction of a second later an enormous burning surface before my eyes. My shuttle comes to a sudden stop. I stare at the glowing but transparent looking surface glowing. It looks like liquid water or something. The colour is bright but deep orange it reminds me of lucasaid energy drink (very difficult to explain).
I push the red button again and with a blast splash into the surface of the sun. its like an orange ocean, I seem to move with ease at the moment but as I go deeper into it seems to get harder to move like it is thickening or becoming sticky my speed seems to have slowed right down. I think I may get stuck if I keep going so I decide to turn back and fly out of the liquid and into the darkness of space.
I see a man in the empty black void of space almost as if standing but no surface to stand on with hands joined in front of him. He is wearing a military uniform it looks like bisens uniforms from street fighter only with no red on it is just complete green. Instantly I remember my other quest which I have tried but has still remained unachieved in my last two lucid dreams, to ask a dream character what they represent. I pull on a small black handle next to me on my right. The door is opened with a chrome hydraulic arm vertically. I swim through the space environment toward him. His face looks pasty white and covered in stubble.
“What do you represent” I ask him loudly. “Catastrophe” he replies with a deep staunch voice. I think I want to wake up and write this down the dream fades away very quickly after that thought.

Mental or Emotional state: I am so pleased I have completed my goal finally and two in one dream yayah!!! and probably my best lucid dream, though they have all been awesome in there own way.

Dumb question :razz: but still gonna ask. FLD get you anything (besides having an awesome dream)? Didn’t have one but just wondering.

Didn’t quite manage this one… I remembered it when I became lucid and got on the back of a black dragon (been watching Harry Potter films!) and started flying towards the sun, but didn’t get there.

Had an experience today, didn’t know I did the quest though :razz:.
I was flying in my dream and saw this light, bright white light.I flew towards it, and as I got closer I saw this huge round glowing ball, the sun, but it wasn’t orangey like RL sun. It had this beautiful pinkish blue and green glow surrounding it, and I think little twinkles of light around it as well.
Just wanted to share. :content:

Due to extreme business on my side I’m a bit late with the next Quest ( it has already been prepared but I haven’t had time yet to post it and give out wings and such. So please be patient, I’ll post the new Quest tomorrow sept 3 and also hand out wings then. Until then this Quest ( the current one ) stays active meaning you can still earn wings by completing it.

[center]

Congratulations

gamblino100

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

Well done, KauaiDreamer for completing the Quest, extra cookies and invisible wings added!

:boogie: :boogie:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time! :smile:
[/center]

This Quest is now officially over. You are ofcourse free to still do this Quest at your leisure, and post in this topic about your results, but you can’t earn wings anymore by completing it.

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest! :smile:

thank you I am proud to wear them :smile: