WILD: sound technique - has anyone successfully used this?

One time I tried WILD I accidentaly started to listen to my tinnitus and concentrated on it - shortly after it got so loud it felt like an engine or a bomb blew up right next to my ears and this white light “burned” up the darkness in front of my eyes. I got terrified and woke up quickly. I didn’t realise that focusing on the sound could be a great way until I came here, I thought I did something else…, thanks for this, I’ll try it the next time I’m going to LD!

On the subject of tinnitus, many years ago when I was a kid I did something that made my sister slap me, but she hit my ear and this insane ringing sound went through my head and it wouldn’t go away. We went to the doctor later that week, but they couldn’t find anything wrong and declared I had tinnitus. I spent years to accept this sound and that it might never go away. Now I don’t really care about it anymore, because my hearing is still very good, I just hear a ringing sound 24/7. I only really hear it clearly when I think about it. Like you, it’s just like breathing to me as well. :content: A saying I made, “If you cannot get rid of it, why not turn it into something good?” :gni:

Yep another lucky one. :happy:
You will succeed! Post here your results then. :content:

I have been trying to achieve a WILD coupled with WBTB for almost two weeks, with no considerable progress.

I usually don’t sleep on my back, so it’s quite uncomfortable for me. However this does start SP very quickly for me, but I can’t go no deeper, while on my back. Tonight i tried “cheating”, rolling over and pretending to give up, while at the same time I kept counting, focusing on my third eye and on the tinnitus. And it worked! Almost instantly my SP got very intense. At the same time, the tinitus got much louder and acquired a pulsating quality to it (kind of like those binaural beats). My arms felt as if I grabbed a high voltage wire (minus the pain) kinda cool. That’s when started thinking, “Oh yeah! LD, Here I cooooooome!”…
and nothing…Everything stopped, my eyes went dark, and my SP went away. :eh:

I got up out of my bed very dissapointed, I was so close. Then as I go to go out of my room, I saw that my door is totally missing. That’s when it hit me like a brick wall, a FA! :woo: :woo:

Thanks for the technique (and my first LD by extension), if anything you can add my success to your tally.

Happy for you. :colgate: How long you did spend there (in Lucid Dream time)? What you did? tell :happy:

At least this long forgotten technique sees light. :ebil:

(wait thats not evil declaration :wink: )

Well for starters, the finger counting and the finger through the palm RC’s failed. I ended up trying to pull my finger off and that brought some sensation into my dream body.
I also tried the “ultimate test” jumping through a brick wall. However, the moment before impact a doubt crossed my mind, “What if…” and boinc, I bounced of the wall like a rubber ball and crashed on the floor. :happy:
The first half of the dream was actually quite boring, because I was lost in a seemingly endless maze of brick-walled hallways.
The second half was the exciting part! I came out into what looked like a huge trainstation or an airport. White marble floors, glass ceiling and walls, bright light, blue sky, and a whole bunch of people hurrying about on their own bussiness.
Funnily, I forgot about my “Lucid To do” list, and did the first thing that came into mind: Slow time. Quite easy actually, imagine it and bang everyone’s crawling at the speed of the snail, but not for longer than a couple of seconds.
The dream lasted for what felt like 1 or 2 minutes (Which is incredibly long for me). And I began loosing lucidity towards the end and woke up shortly. Needless to say I couldn’t go back to sleep after that.
I want back!!!

I’ve almost gotten this to work several times on accident.

My tinnitus just gets really loud all of a sudden, startling me. Then I get knocked out of it.

Once, it started “pulsating” back and forth between my ears while I had HI of a ball bouncing back and forth between trampolines on a wall. :neutral:

You must concentrate intentionally. From begining. Try it. :wink:
If you find “it” i promise your signature will magically change. :wizard:

I tried it last night, but I fell asleep.

I had a nice vivid normal dream though. :grin:

You must stay awake in mind…perhaps lay on back. You must clear your mind completely, dont think on anything else otherwise your mind will wander and you will fall asleep. Put your WHOLE concentration on it. Thats all. :content:

Consider yourself lucky, after I read this, I listened for it, heard it, now I’m almost constantly aware of it :bored:

It’s really bothersome…

Take example from Anzelthur :

:grin:

I got to SP for the first time using this technique. :grin:

grats, mew! :happy:

I keep forgetting to give this a try ._.

Good, good…you have it…SP is first step…in real if everyone would listen to “it” everytime when in SP, there would be no Topics how to get out of it. :cool:

Hmm… isn’t that ‘something’ you hear in your ears when in complete silence the blood flowing through the vessels in the ear ? That would be a start.

I remember, as a kid I always thought there was something wrong with my ears when I was in complete silence and heard that flowing sound. I described it as ‘the sound the phone makes before you pressed any number, but a lot quieter’ (I was referring to the standard home-phone).

Well, from what I had experienced until now in my (rather unsuccessful) WILD attempts, concerning sound (HS), I sometimes, after having lost some awareness thus being deep into thoughts, hear an orchestra playing a wonderful classical piece (not from RL). As I realize I’m actually vividly hearing it, I instantly snap out of it and it all fades away.

I once read a post in which a natural LD-er explained how they simply laid down (anywhere) and kept focusing on one sound, for example TV, radio (etc.). In less than a minute they would drift off into a LD and wake up shortly after that (they actually said 20 seconds) stating that they actually have had a full length LD of even a whole day.

Unfortunately I can’t find that post anymore, and as far as this goes, concerning my experiences with this type of WILD, I honestly say there’s none (except of what I wrote in the 3rd paragraph).

Uhm…i must dissapoin you…thats not it…

rather…

Hmm… I wasn’t referring to your experiences, as I don’t know them. Still, when do you start to hear that sound ? A few minutes after laying down or right away ?

I tried this type of WILD too, but um… I couldn’t keep myself awake. :shy:. I’ll try it again, see if I’ll get somewhere with it.

:wink:

I meant that if its sound of blood flowing through the vessels in the ear, then
it wont probably help you.

I can hear it anytime i concentrate on it. Its like breathing. :content: (i should add this sentence as my signature)
And the best is ,that i can have LD anytime i want, because of that sound.
:happy: :colgate: :hug:

BTW i cling to this type of opinion:
" It is just an effect caused by your brain is trying to change mode, from listening to the ambient sound, to listening to the sound of dreamland, which is not real sound but just electrical charge inputed to the part of the brain to create a sensation of hearing."