How much do lucid dreams improve your life quality?

I can’t say about lucid dreams, but normal dreams have helped me deal with fears in real life. Maybe that’s because I have a lot of nightmares, but when I rationalise my dreams I find I can get over the fears that they portray from real life.

well Lucid dreams help me keep a balanced sleep cycle and not messing it up :happy:

I can’t speak of lucid dreams because I haven’t had one for ages, but I’d definitely say the process of seeking lucid dreams has improved my outlook and enjoyment of life.

With improving dream recall being one of the parts of pursuing lucid dreams, I’ve had many, many great dreams that would likely have vanished from memory had I not been seeking to make a note of them. Whenever I think back on these dreams I always find my mood improves and I feel more relaxed.

It’s also allowed me to identify my anima, SG, DG or whatever you want to call it. I’ve had so many dreams where that particular DC has been present, and I always wake from them in a great mood that lasts for the entire day. Usually the dreams are rather introspective, and I find myself looking at things from a new more positive position. And along with the improved mood, I always feel really inspired towards my work (illustration).

So as much as I’d love to have more lucid dreams, the benefits from pursuing them has been rewarding enough that I don’t even mind if it never pays off with LD’s.

Lucid dreaming helps me talk to others. I use it to re hearse things I’m afraid to do things like talking to the opposite sex. I also use it to learn about myself. By talking to my dream guide and looking into symbols I’ve learned a lot about myself and how I work.

One thing is for sure… I don’t take things for granted anymore… I look at things different…

Few weeks back I was on this mountain, and our goal was to see sunset and take a few pictures… But it was so nice and beautiful that the first thing that came on my mind was to fly a little bit around and feel this fresh air… And then, the second thing I did was a RC :grin:

I did that because I usually would take off in a dream and this “picture” that I had in front of me was so dreamy and so tempting…

I’m pretty new to lucid dreaming and I can’t say that I learned something from lucid dreams, but for now I use lucid dreams for fun, but once when I’m going to be more experienced I will explore my subconscious…

In a lucid dream I asked my wise mind for some answers about my direction in life. The answer was to feel the way I felt during a specific time in my life (refering to a specific time when I felt very good). My take on this answer was to practice feeling good in waking life by getting in touch with those feelings even if it meant to first remember them from a past experience. This helped improve my waking life experience.

I’ve been really curious about Lucid dreaming for a long time now and I’ve researched a lot about it. The main thing that caught my eye was self improvement. The site didn’t really explain much, it just said lucid dreaming can make your real life better, it can change you, improve you, etc.

So I was wondering is it true? And if so how?

I believe it can help make you more spiritual, if you chose. If you have troubles in your daily life, then it’s possible in your dream to communicate with your SG or anybody really on how to improve your real life. LD’s can help you gain insight on yourself and make you a better person.

For example, if you struggle with confidence IRL, then you could communicate with your SGs and learn why you’re struggling in the first place, and fix it. I read somewhere that some people actually use LD’s to rehearse presentations, and study for up coming exams/tests.

Lastly, there’s also that very nice feeling you get after you wake up from a LD. It last throughout your day, making you a smily person :content: .

It is possible. The potentials are potentially unlimited. How? You must discover for it yourself. Begin with talk with unconscious or how you call it. Thats the first step.
It can reveal many knowledge. Anything is possible while lucid in dream.

Don’t expect much “material” improvement in your life. Lucid dreams, just as normal dreams will only help your emotional life. Still, here are a few ideas what dreams could be used for:

-Fun
-Reducing nightmare count
-Inspiration (especially if you’re an artist, writer or musican)
-Fighting phobias
-Enhanced spiritual life (You can meet your SG in dreams etc.)

Don’t forget about people that have used lucid dreams to invent things! Like the sewing machine, and even Einstein commented on having had some ideas from a lucid dream. So it most definitely can be used to improve your material life. Think about the people who wrote books about Lucid Dreaming, pasQuale has this site because of lucid dreaming (not that she makes a hel of a lot :sad: …), there are successful painters who base there art on lucid dreaming. I myself am working on an idea from an LD and hope that it will help me financially in life. So, nope I do not aggree with that statement. However, I mostly use LDing for self improvement, finding my inner self, learning to be a better person, getting rid of fears and doubts in LDs helps in real life. Broadening your perspective of life is a life changer by itself.

To sum it up:
Try everything, even “impossible”. Do not impose limits on it.“Think You Can, Think You Can’t; Either Way, You’ll Be Right!” Really trust me i know what I’m talking about.

[mod]The reply quoted below was split to a new topic Are spirit guides real? as it focuses on if spirit guides are real.

:dragon:[/mod]

LDs are for creativity gain. Many people inspired themselves from dreams to write books, novels, to paint and more. Did you know that Lewis Carroll, the author of ‘Alice in Wonderland’, wrote this book after having a LD ?

In spite of all this, I don’t think a LD could provide useful answers regarding RL problems, such as a relationship or work problem. A dream remains a dream after all. But LDs can be great tools ‘to boost up’ your mood. After having one you wake up happy and joyful, and the feeling makes your whole day better. :smile:

Still, you’re free to ask yourself questions, even though you might get answers you could easily have thought about yourself. :wink:

Know that in LD you can contact your deeper knowledge. Unconscious you can call it.
LD is the hint to contact this deeper layers of your Mind. It can bring many possibilities in your life. :wink:

Deeper Knowledge ? :meh:

The SC stores in memories - it’s all about memories, which experience is all about too. IRL you can access these. You’re saying that you’d access it better in a LD… why do people (me too) have trouble remembering their goal in a LD ? Because of lack of awareness. RL ‘grants’ the most awareness. :spinning:rolleyes:) My conclusion is obvious.

I don’t know though, you may be right. An experiment was once conducted where the tested where divided in two parts: one had to find a solution for their problem IRL while the others enjoyed a night of sleep. The results were clear on the fact that the ones who slept had the most success. But I guess being fresh and recovered from sleep was the key actually, not the dreaming state.

If dreams are the mind’s construct of the world based on our personal beliefs/biases, and we can learn to interpret our dreams to identify these, doesn’t that mean that we could learn a lot about ourselves and how we perceive the world? I would call that deeper knowledge, personally.

Everybody has its own interpretation of things, but if you are interested you can read Robert Waggoners book: Lucid Dreaming Gateway to the Inner Self.

It’s about understanding the subconscious therefore understanding yourself. I’ve read the only half but the book is good because is backed up with the experience and Robert uses lucid dreaming not only for fun but to understand himself…

They tend to give you a break from the rules of reality, alleviate stress and give you new insights. They also improve general creativity and are just fun and entertaining.

There are some huge advantages on Lucid Dreaming, first off al, practice for real life encounters. This really works for me. For example, i practiced a couple of times in LD’s to ask my boss for a raise. You can really learn a lot from yourself.
Further more, i use it if i want to remember something. For example, i did this study where i had to learn a lot of laws and rules. Just before going to sleep, i’d read them a couple of times, and if i had a LD, i’d summon them all in a room, where i could read them again. This actually works if you dont try to much at once. It really helped me remember.
And ofcourse, having a lot of fun at night!

I get a healthier amount of sleep because I don’t feel like it’s a waste of time anymore. There are many places I can go, people I can see and things I can do only while dreaming.

I think I’ve just become more relaxed in general. Things don’t worry me any more. Death doesn’t seem like a big deal. Failure is nothing. Nothing really feels… “real” enough to worry about. Which is good.