Set time for lucidity causing me to wake

I have tried a couple times when I was going to bed to think, “in 6 hours I will become lucid.” Though this has never succeeded, it has woken me up every time and very precisely. For instance, if I do that at 10:00, I will wake up almost exactly at 4, but I will not become lucid, nor remember waking from a lucid dream. Anyone know any possible reasons for this strange behavior?
Thanks.

That’s a bit odd. Perhaps you need to change your wording up a bit? Maybe try something like, “In six hours I will realize that I am dreaming.”

I think you’re telling yourself to wake up, instead of what you really want. Cause you’re saying you want to be ‘lucid’ or conscious in 6 hours. So I think your brain is interperting it wrong, as if you wanted to wake up- to be conscious. Try to be more specific, tell yourself you’ll be lucid in your dream in x amount of hours. :content:

Wow, so you really don’t think my subconscious has any idea what I mean? I guess I’ll try that, thanks.

If you wake up after 4-6 hours of sleep, why not do a WBTB+WILD/MILD? That will probably result in a nice LD :smile:

I’ve tried many times but it generally results in me taking forever to fall asleep and being really tired the next day.