WILD: sound technique - has anyone successfully used this?

I tried it last night, but I fell asleep.

I had a nice vivid normal dream though. :grin:

You must stay awake in mind…perhaps lay on back. You must clear your mind completely, dont think on anything else otherwise your mind will wander and you will fall asleep. Put your WHOLE concentration on it. Thats all. :content:

Consider yourself lucky, after I read this, I listened for it, heard it, now I’m almost constantly aware of it :bored:

It’s really bothersome…

Take example from Anzelthur :

:grin:

I got to SP for the first time using this technique. :grin:

grats, mew! :happy:

I keep forgetting to give this a try ._.

Good, good…you have it…SP is first step…in real if everyone would listen to “it” everytime when in SP, there would be no Topics how to get out of it. :cool:

Hmm… isn’t that ‘something’ you hear in your ears when in complete silence the blood flowing through the vessels in the ear ? That would be a start.

I remember, as a kid I always thought there was something wrong with my ears when I was in complete silence and heard that flowing sound. I described it as ‘the sound the phone makes before you pressed any number, but a lot quieter’ (I was referring to the standard home-phone).

Well, from what I had experienced until now in my (rather unsuccessful) WILD attempts, concerning sound (HS), I sometimes, after having lost some awareness thus being deep into thoughts, hear an orchestra playing a wonderful classical piece (not from RL). As I realize I’m actually vividly hearing it, I instantly snap out of it and it all fades away.

I once read a post in which a natural LD-er explained how they simply laid down (anywhere) and kept focusing on one sound, for example TV, radio (etc.). In less than a minute they would drift off into a LD and wake up shortly after that (they actually said 20 seconds) stating that they actually have had a full length LD of even a whole day.

Unfortunately I can’t find that post anymore, and as far as this goes, concerning my experiences with this type of WILD, I honestly say there’s none (except of what I wrote in the 3rd paragraph).

Uhm…i must dissapoin you…thats not it…

rather…

Hmm… I wasn’t referring to your experiences, as I don’t know them. Still, when do you start to hear that sound ? A few minutes after laying down or right away ?

I tried this type of WILD too, but um… I couldn’t keep myself awake. :shy:. I’ll try it again, see if I’ll get somewhere with it.

:wink:

I meant that if its sound of blood flowing through the vessels in the ear, then
it wont probably help you.

I can hear it anytime i concentrate on it. Its like breathing. :content: (i should add this sentence as my signature)
And the best is ,that i can have LD anytime i want, because of that sound.
:happy: :colgate: :hug:

BTW i cling to this type of opinion:
" It is just an effect caused by your brain is trying to change mode, from listening to the ambient sound, to listening to the sound of dreamland, which is not real sound but just electrical charge inputed to the part of the brain to create a sensation of hearing."

Alright! Another dip into dreamland. Tonight i have come very close to a LD, but lost my awareness in the very last moment. I ended up having a ND, in which I was stuck in SP :smile: So I had a WIND (Wake-Induced-Normal-Dream) :confused: This tech sure works for me, second time I got very close in the last week.

Nice, how do you do this? I find during the day I can never just lie down and concentrate hard enough on the sound to amplify it. I usually only can right after waking up.

I think i hear it but mines is more of a high pitched ringing as opposed to the White noise like one mentioned earlier .
Anyway really excited to give this a try :smile:

Ahh I’m back! Hahaha. I’m having very vivid, strange dreams nowadays.
I keep on failing to LD since there’s so much going on in real life, my mind is just… aahhh.
But my dreams are longer though, there are new people I’ve never met, new places I’ve never seen. I think it’s thanks to trying to LD with the sound. I get so close everytime almost. :happy: I think I’ll have an LD next week. I just HAVE to! I know it!

Update:
Ok! I got a result this morning. I woke up, and I thought I would try it now since I was in a good condition. As I listened to the sound, it didn’t get louder like last time it just faded slowly away and I’m suddenly walking down this hallway. When I’ve walked a few feet I realise I’m actually dreaming and I say it out loud “I’m dreaming!!”, there are a lot of people there and everyone stops up, turns their heads towards me and this cleaning guy with a cart right next to me says “What?”, I think, oh shit something bad will happen if I don’t fix this, “Sorry, I was just kidding”. Everyone goes back to whatever they were doing and I concentrate and everything becomes more clearer, it was like being awake in real life. :woo:
As I explored the end of the hallway, I’m in this giant building with different cinemas inside it, I try to change my oufit but it doesn’t work. (I think it’s best to change your outfit in dreams while you’re looking in a mirror?) One of the cinemas were closed and dark, but I made it light up. :happy: And then I wake up because my brother was being noisy. - .- But this is GREAT! It felt amazing and real! I managed to do it again after my brother stopped and it was quite again; I had another long lucid dream. :cool:

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what you’re supposed to be hearing (Mines a fairly constant, high pitched whistle/ring). The wooshing/hissing sound (like what you hear when you press a sea shell or a cup to your ear) is the sound of your blood, and not what you ought to focus on.

Oh and Jacob,

There are worse things you could be hearing such as the Taos Hum… :wink:

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what you’re supposed to be hearing (Mines a fairly constant, high pitched whistle/ring). The wooshing/hissing sound (like what you hear when you press a sea shell or a cup to your ear) is the sound of your blood, and not what you ought to focus on.

Yeah thats what I hear , thanks for clearing that up!

[mod]Stacked posts edited together… please use the “edit” button if you need to add to what you’ve already said. :tardis:[/mod]

Enjoy it!!! :happy: Basically it IS waking life…another waking life.
WL under your direction!

Im natural at this. All i have to do is concentrate and it becomes louder…No “hard enough”, just listen do not force it…it will come itself. Just listen and be at ease.

:music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:
Now summary - how it sounds like:
Frequency sound, loud silence, humming sound, buzzing sound,
high pitch ringing, energy, …
Just something like that

Our brothers from Dreamviews know it too Click
Hints there especially from ChaybaChayba.