EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

Lucid Living Topic - part II

Page 9 of 10Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author  Message 
Lybby
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Lybby has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 0+

Lucid Living
PostPosted: Sun 28 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

I think that I finally figured out what everyone means by saying that Lucid Living means living with awareness. I think that it means that you always need to be aware of the world around you. I think that you need to go through your RL always remembering in the back of your mind that you can be dreaming at anytime. You always need to be analyzing, and questioning every little thing that seems at all off or weird to you. If it just doesn't make sense just a little bit you need to question the fact that you could be dreaming. I don't think that you need to constantly thinking about lucid dreaming, but just be aware of what is going on around you. Be aware of the world. Be aware. The way we have ND's is that we don't have control of them. This is from a lack of us being in control of our lives. Of not being aware. Act don't be acted upon. When we accomplish this way of living, that is when we become able to dream lucidly every night or at will.

Current LD goal(s): Learn about myself and the parts of my psyche that I do not normally have conta
gnargnar
The Platypus
Astral Explorer
gnargnar has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: ~50

Sounds like what everyone says tounge2 congratulations . It's still a little confusing to me (I never really understand anything till I experience it) but to me it seems a lot like meditating and the awareness you get from it.

Current LD goal(s): Master lucid dreaming
togro
The Nuzlocker
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Maybe Two...?

I've just started trying to do this yesterday. I haven't found any progress in it yet. Honestly, to me, it seems a bit distracting. I don't want to keep the notion that I'm dreaming in my head all the time, because then I can't pay attention to other things. I mean, lucid dreaming sounds fun, but I don't want to have them if it means forgeting about the book report in English or what words mean what in Spanish.

On the other hand, just going throughout the day, wondering if your dreaming, is an amazing experiance. Looking at this and thinking Could this be a dream? I've had that happen so many times today. Walking through the halls of my school (Only dreamt of that once), a road with healthy trees on one side and dead ones on the other (I might have dreamt about that one... Not sure) or even looking at myself in the mirror (In most of dreams, I'm someone else... So seeing myself in a dream is a rare occurence!)

I'm gonna try and see how this has helped my DR and my ability to lucid dream. Hope it works!

Current LD goal(s): Talk to my Subconcious,
Scipio Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Scipio Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
The Chroniclers
LD count: 169
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

Yea that's pretty much LL. Take a peak at this; might help elaborate a bit.

Current LD goal(s): 1) SPACE! 2) TF 3) DRAGONS
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Re: Lucid Living

DreamerZero wrote:
I think that I finally figured out what everyone means by saying that Lucid Living means living with awareness. I think that it means that you always need to be aware of the world around you. I think that you need to go through your RL always remembering in the back of your mind that you can be dreaming at anytime. You always need to be analyzing, and questioning every little thing that seems at all off or weird to you. If it just doesn't make sense just a little bit you need to question the fact that you could be dreaming. I don't think that you need to constantly thinking about lucid dreaming, but just be aware of what is going on around you. Be aware of the world. Be aware. The way we have ND's is that we don't have control of them. This is from a lack of us being in control of our lives. Of not being aware. Act don't be acted upon. When we accomplish this way of living, that is when we become able to dream lucidly every night or at will.

I don't think Lucid Living has to involve thinking about dreams like that. Someone who has never heard of lucid dreams could probably do lucid living too. Other than that I think you explained it well!

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 298
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

WASD: I think remembering your day is a big part as well. For me at least, I usually just appear at a certain location when the dream starts with no memory or thought about how I got there. Some of my DILD's have actually come from trying to figure out why I am where I am. The chance of this happening goes up dramatically as I do that throughout my day in WL.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Yes that's a good idea as well. I think I've had some DILD's too from thinking about how I got to where I am. Asking where you were before could be used as an RC. Just as thinking about your environment. Perhaps LL is actually making RCs all day.

MagykKatte has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
The Chroniclers

PostPosted: Wed 02 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I've got days that I live lucid. Others I try, but get distracted. However, I'm working on it. I do RC's a lot, think back to what I was doing/saying/thinking, ask myself "Am I dreaming?" or "Is anything here odd?" I hope to master LL smile

GDra
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
GDra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Wed 02 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

Lucid Living has worked for me. I'm trying it again, but it's hard to remember to do it. sadblauw

Current LD goal(s): Have a longer LD
*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity
LD count: 24

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

How important is it to pay attention to all possible senses as often as possible?

I'm wondering this because my LL practice sometimes consists of persistently imagining what I might have found behind mountains, inside houses etc if my surroundings were a dream instead of waking reality, and this is actually quite meditative and makes everything feel more "dream-like", and it also makes me feel much more aware than normal - shouldn't this be enough to count as good quality LL, at least while you're still fairly new to this technique, at least in the beginning?

zyonc
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

I find it much easier to remember more than fragments after awakening and actually remember most if not all of the dream with constant lucid living. It is difficult to maintain tho. I imagine one of those zen like monks and their lifestyle.. but, there maybe other forms of LL.. like, questioning reality for various reasons (having waking hallucinations or believing your in the matrix). I find it hard to maintain lucidity while doing things like playing video games or watching tv. its something about imagining being the character in the story and zoning out of lucidness. tho, I imagine this would be different for people, depending on their level of lucidity.

mattias
Eater of Grues
Global Moderator
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

So, I've been trying LL lately (effort going up and down tounge2) but I think my main problem is that I find it a lot harder to remember to practice (and practice itelf) when I'm on the computer, reading, or watching tv since I get too easily too immersed. Reading, for example, is one of the hardest as it's tricky to be aware of my surroundings and understand and imagine what I'm reading at the same time... it's like you need to be inside your head and outside at the same time! Anyone have any tips? Or just don't worry about LL while I'm doing these things?

JC
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sun 12 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

So that's the meaning?

vbflame
I believe I can flyyy
Somniologist
vbflame has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 38 Sex: 20,16

PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

Spending around 15 or so hours a day trying to stay aware every second. Interesting... but I wouldn't do it. meh

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 298
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb, 2012  Reply with quote

vbflame wrote:
Spending around 15 or so hours a day trying to stay aware every second. Interesting... but I wouldn't do it. meh

Really? Why not?

It can be difficult at first, but if you keep it up it becomes easier. And you don't have to think of it as "aware" of everything (though that is called All Day Awareness and does help quite a bit), just more aware that at any moment you could be dreaming.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Page 9 of 10Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

print   ShareShare