Lucid Living Topic - part II

I have been following the Topic from part One and after hours of reading I’ve finally finished.Lucid Living is a great idea and we have been discussing it so we can have LD’s .I want to know the progress you guys have made who are practicing LL.Has your frequency of LD’s increased solely relying on LL and not using other methods?

I think that I finally figured out what everyone means by saying that Lucid Living means living with awareness. I think that it means that you always need to be aware of the world around you. I think that you need to go through your RL always remembering in the back of your mind that you can be dreaming at anytime. You always need to be analyzing, and questioning every little thing that seems at all off or weird to you. If it just doesn’t make sense just a little bit you need to question the fact that you could be dreaming. I don’t think that you need to constantly thinking about lucid dreaming, but just be aware of what is going on around you. Be aware of the world. Be aware. The way we have ND’s is that we don’t have control of them. This is from a lack of us being in control of our lives. Of not being aware. Act don’t be acted upon. When we accomplish this way of living, that is when we become able to dream lucidly every night or at will.

Sounds like what everyone says :razz: congratulations :tongue: . It’s still a little confusing to me (I never really understand anything till I experience it) but to me it seems a lot like meditating and the awareness you get from it.

I’ve just started trying to do this yesterday. I haven’t found any progress in it yet. Honestly, to me, it seems a bit distracting. I don’t want to keep the notion that I’m dreaming in my head all the time, because then I can’t pay attention to other things. I mean, lucid dreaming sounds fun, but I don’t want to have them if it means forgeting about the book report in English or what words mean what in Spanish.

On the other hand, just going throughout the day, wondering if your dreaming, is an amazing experiance. Looking at this and thinking Could this be a dream? I’ve had that happen so many times today. Walking through the halls of my school (Only dreamt of that once), a road with healthy trees on one side and dead ones on the other (I might have dreamt about that one… Not sure) or even looking at myself in the mirror (In most of dreams, I’m someone else… So seeing myself in a dream is a rare occurence!)

I’m gonna try and see how this has helped my DR and my ability to lucid dream. Hope it works!

Yea that’s pretty much LL. Take a peak at this; might help elaborate a bit.

I don’t think Lucid Living has to involve thinking about dreams like that. Someone who has never heard of lucid dreams could probably do lucid living too. Other than that I think you explained it well!

WASD: I think remembering your day is a big part as well. For me at least, I usually just appear at a certain location when the dream starts with no memory or thought about how I got there. Some of my DILD’s have actually come from trying to figure out why I am where I am. The chance of this happening goes up dramatically as I do that throughout my day in WL.

Yes that’s a good idea as well. I think I’ve had some DILD’s too from thinking about how I got to where I am. Asking where you were before could be used as an RC. Just as thinking about your environment. Perhaps LL is actually making RCs all day.

I’ve got days that I live lucid. Others I try, but get distracted. However, I’m working on it. I do RC’s a lot, think back to what I was doing/saying/thinking, ask myself “Am I dreaming?” or “Is anything here odd?” I hope to master LL :smile:

Lucid Living has worked for me. I’m trying it again, but it’s hard to remember to do it. :sad:

How important is it to pay attention to all possible senses as often as possible?

I’m wondering this because my LL practice sometimes consists of persistently imagining what I might have found behind mountains, inside houses etc if my surroundings were a dream instead of waking reality, and this is actually quite meditative and makes everything feel more “dream-like”, and it also makes me feel much more aware than normal - shouldn’t this be enough to count as good quality LL, at least while you’re still fairly new to this technique, at least in the beginning?

I find it much easier to remember more than fragments after awakening and actually remember most if not all of the dream with constant lucid living. It is difficult to maintain tho. I imagine one of those zen like monks and their lifestyle… but, there maybe other forms of LL… like, questioning reality for various reasons (having waking hallucinations or believing your in the matrix). I find it hard to maintain lucidity while doing things like playing video games or watching tv. its something about imagining being the character in the story and zoning out of lucidness. tho, I imagine this would be different for people, depending on their level of lucidity.

So, I’ve been trying LL lately (effort going up and down :razz:) but I think my main problem is that I find it a lot harder to remember to practice (and practice itelf) when I’m on the computer, reading, or watching tv since I get too easily too immersed. Reading, for example, is one of the hardest as it’s tricky to be aware of my surroundings and understand and imagine what I’m reading at the same time… it’s like you need to be inside your head and outside at the same time! Anyone have any tips? Or just don’t worry about LL while I’m doing these things?

So that’s the meaning?

Spending around 15 or so hours a day trying to stay aware every second. Interesting… but I wouldn’t do it. :meh:

Really? Why not?

It can be difficult at first, but if you keep it up it becomes easier. And you don’t have to think of it as “aware” of everything (though that is called All Day Awareness and does help quite a bit), just more aware that at any moment you could be dreaming.

Because RL keeps me too preoccupied to spend my time in this manner. :cry:
It’s ok though since I have other techs like MILD, WILD and DILD to fall back on. :content:

But can’t you be aware you might be dreaming as you do all your other important tasks :razz:? Well, in any case other techs can work as well, and what I’m talking about might need to be one of those things you discover for yourself as you have more LD’s. Heck, I haven’t even fully figured it out :tongue:

More like “being inside your body” kind of thing :smile:. i.e. cultivating a sense is bodily presence…whole body presence…while in the midst of daily activities. I like to add a little twist to that as well by telling myself, while cultivating this whole body presence in the midst of daily life, that “this is a dream”. I say “this is a dream” and then kind of let the implications of that “sink in”…to the point that it actually subtly shifts the quality of that awareness in a way that makes my perception of daily life more dream like…more intense and more ephemeral all at the same time

I’ve actually been able to get into that state a few times. I guess I just need to remind myself more often and put in a little extra effort :shy: