Anyone here read there dream journal before bed?

i do this before bed all the time i think it kinda helps me. anyone else do this if so what you thoughts on it?

i do sometimes :smile: Its always cool to look back at all the dreams ive had. Especially my first few ever recorded dreams. It gets me in the “dreaming” mood :tongue:

I read it every night before bed. Everything I’ve done in my dreams is still interesting to me.
And I agree with Limitles, it gets me into “dream mode”.

Yes, I do that very often. :cool: I also read dreams from other people’s DJs in bed, especially if it is lucid dreams. It helps with setting the mood, and some dreams can be very inspiring.

That is a great idea, just made me want to pick up my DJ before I go to bed now. Definitely feel like that will get me in ‘dream mode’ also, ha.

Mmm yes it does seem to get me into a dreaming mode. and usually i have one very vivid dream a night everytime i read it, so i do recomend doing it.

Can’t believe this, but i read this last night and totally forgot to read my DJ before i went to bed. So stupid, lol. And actually i couldn’t recall hardly any of my dreams last night so maybe that was a sign I should read it NOW. lol. And I see you are on the verge of having a lucid dream man, me too, I have 2 as the number but they were very short. I feel like we will both get good ones soon, just keep at it, and thanks for the tip again!

I do it often, somethimes it helps me and I remember my dream.

I find that reading my DJ entries (especially ones from longer ago, like at least a few months back) helps in keeping the dreams alive.

I still vividly remember some of the more awesome dreams I had years ago. And my first long lucid dream is fresh in my mind, despite it being like 4 or 5 years ago now.

Recent entries help me stay focused in attempts to become lucid.

I think it does keep the dreams alive. I used to read my DJ now and then “back in the beginning”, and when I read those dreams again I still remember them. Now, if I reread something I hadn’t reread before, my memories are much weaker, if they are there at all. I don’t know if it is that I recall my earlier dreams but not the later ones because dreams were more of a novelty earlier, or because I did not reread the later ones for a long time. I suppose refreshing my memory wouldn’t hurt.

Yeah, I usually read a few dreams out of my journal before I go to bed. I’ve read a theory that doing this helps activate the part of your brain responsible for dream recall.

I’ve read over my old LD’s a few times. At the very least it increases my motivation ^^

Sometimes I do…

Usually they make me happy, because I again remember all those moments that were lucid and those that weren’t.

Specially the conversations with DC… Those are awesome, and all the gibberish they say, just awesome!

I do. I don’t read them often and when I do it’s usually the most recent one. I like relating the dreams to what I remember was going on in my life at the time.