Have any dreams changed your life before?

I once had a dream about this guy I had talked to a lot in grade 2 and 3, and it caused me to like him in RL :meh:

Hmmm… I’ve had a lot of dreams, but the only one I’m aware of making a difference irl is one when I was very young. I had a dream a monster in Sea World was eating and killing the whales and the tourists. When I went to Sea World irl, I found I was horribly afraid of the tanks holding Shamoo because of that. Other than that I’ve not noticed any other dreams leaking into my wl.

I have seperate dreams in which my mom cheated on my dad, and vice versa, and i have not forgotten them since, and still think about it a lot.

I had this dream where I threw a paper and my uncle just stared at me with complete hate and he threw me into his basement and my cousin (his daughter) was trying to save me but the evil people were restraining her and she yelled “I’m sorry!” and I woke up crying because I was 5 and it was one of the worst dreams at that time. That dream and another one are the two dreams I still remember to this day.

Today, I get this weird feeling about him, like he’s mean or something.

They’ve never “changed” my life, but one time I had this dream about this guy I really like. He’s at another school now, but in the dream we were going camping together and talking and laughing like we used to! Also, another time I had a dream about superheroes and that gave me an idea for a novel

I often dream of things that happen to me and through dreams I see how I really feel about them.

i dream of getting shot … a lot … so now i m scared of guns!

I had a dream where my uncle starting hunting my around his country house (which is surrounded by forest) with a sniper rifle. But I didn’t like him before the dream :smile:

Yeah, I have those dreams that awake old, buried feelings and really to be honest I don’t like them.

I’ve had lots of dreams that changed my life on different levels. But there is one, a recurrent nightmare, that helped me decide on moving.

I lived in Puerto Rico and after I had my daughter I kept having this nightmare where we were swept away by a tidal wave and caught in these really ugly and violent waves. She was just out of my reach and bobbed in and out of the water. Each time she frantically called for me, I would reach for her but just miss her. It was horrible but it helped me move back to the mainland. :content:

I once read about a man who was overweight because he ate too much. It wasn´t that he was hungry, he just liked food. But when he learned to LD he realized that he could just eat in the dreams instead. The food tasted much better and it didn´t make him fat. So now he has a healthy weight.

Great story, whether its true or not.

OMG. When I was like 9 or 10, I had an extrmely vivid scary dream of skeletons coming out of the basement. Ever since then, for about a year, I couldn’t sit at the dinner table at the chair near the basement door cuz I was so scared they would stab me in the back :help:

I think my dreams effect the mood that I am in every day, Ill wake up feeling excited or sad and have that same feeling all day long. I cant think of a specific example right now But I know Ive had some.