Could this possibly invoke a lucid dream?

I have tried for at least a year now to finally have a lucid dream, but to no avail, until recently. In the past month alone I had three seperate lucid dreams, however each of them there was a common factor. On each of the nights I had a lucid dream I was holding onto a pillow (or most recently a plushie)with both my arms and imagining it was a character I’m fond of to calm myself down. I have never been able to successfully become lucid while actively attempting to for near a year, yet after I started doing something as simple as hugging/holding onto a pillow/plushie I had three lucid dreams in the span of a month. Nothing about any thing I have done has changed ( aside from what made me start sleeping like that to begin with) so I have to ask if falling asleep like this could have something to do with finally having Lucid dreams?

(on a unrelated note, is it odd at all that every time I realized “this is a dream” I felt a shock or convulsion, it was sort of hard to describe, spread through my body and then subside? It has happened consistently and the same feeling every time I have become lucid?)

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

For the pillow I have a quick question. Did you become lucid from the feeling of holding something, or was it just spontaneous lucidness (DILD)? If you’ve associated the pillow with lucid dreaming it is possible it’s making a difference for you when it comes having the correct mindset.

As for your other questions, I definitely know what you mean by that shock. It’s the awareness of being in a dream as your conscious mind turns itself on. Being in a dream has a really interesting feeling, doesn’t it :content: ?

I don’t believe I associated it with lucidness, though I suppose it could be true and it was just coincidental that I had the first dream the same night I started the thing with the pillow/plushie. It would make sense though if that was true since I have only had Dream induced lucid dreams, specifically from looking into a mirror or checking text on a written document, two Reality checks I often do.

The shock is certainly… interesting. Truthfully I could do without it as I for whatever reason had the assumption that if I didn’t resist it that I would lose lucidity or wake up, both things I would rather not test to see if thats true or not. The feeling of being in a dream is absolutely astounding, in my case at least it feels as if my body is ethereal but at the same time solid, when I think about it seems extremely hard to describe.