First LD? Split Vision in left eye???

This is my first post here I’ve been lurking on these forums for a few months and been in the chatroom a decent amount, and I think I just had my first ld… I tried using the timer method last night for the first time, I did it in kind of a makeshift way, I just set my alarm on my phone to go off at the intervals described in lucidiology101 and when I first woke up I didn’t remember any of my dreams… then all of a sudden I remembered a small part of the dream I had right before I woke up and then I remembered my Lucid experience which probably occurred 3-4 hours earlier in the night, I was conscious laying down all i saw was black but I just felt different then usual so I tried to roll over out of my body, this also once again felt weird so I peeked my right eye open and I honestly cant remember where I was or what the dream looked like, but I remember knowing I was dreaming then I peeked my left eye open also but it had split vision vertically like half of the vision was my dream and half was waking life or something or maybe it was just a crazy dream scene?? I woke up pretty much immediately or the dream ended… i don’t think i woke up because I would have definitely written it down in my dj right away. I thought maybe this happened on one of the really short intervals on the timer or something just wanted to know if anyone else had an experience with there vision like this in an LD.

That really is strange. Although i wouldn’t say your one eye was seeing real life, if you didn’t wake up right after. Maybe you were seeing a FA out of that eye or something? Perhaps because that’s what you were expecting? Do you remember what happened after that?

In any event… congrats on the lucid cherry popping, the rest is history.

i don’t remember waking up after I just remember experiencing it, to bad if I woke up after I definitely would have remembered it crystal clear.

That happened to me a few times when I was on my way out of a LD, it’s a pretty weird feeling.

If your RL eye actually did start to open, split vision is actually a pretty common side effect. Sometimes closing your eyes and trying again will help. It’s also possible to have this effect from thinking “oops, I opened my real eye.” Think of it as a sort of FA.

In any event, if you start to feel odd things and you’re pretty sure you’re dreaming it’s best to start rubbing your hands right away. And don’t worry if you get the feeling you’re rubbing your RL hands together. This is another form of FA in most cases. If all else fails and you think you’ve woken up, make sure to do an RC immediately. After events like this, all types of FA are painfully common.