Movie thread Part IV

would have to say best types of films are zombie eg ;28 days later, 28 weeks later (although not as good :tongue: ) the dawn of the dead remake, shaun of the dead. Any body got any good suggestions ?

Maybe you would find “Cube” enjoyable??

Wanted- The movie is a disaster.Really.I’m glad I didn’t watch the end.

Space Marines- This is a really crappy movie.But I liked it, cause it was funny how bad it was.My brother and I were laughing all the time.

Spam Removed

Not sure if this one was mentioned before, but Dead End (2004) is a nice one. I just recently watched this movie and if you’re into the Horror genre you’ll probably like it. (It actually reminded me of some of my nightmares :sad: )

I definitely recommend The Fountain! It’s incredible, and visually stunning.

Seconding The Fountain. Amazing soundtrack.

Also, really recommend “How To Train Your Dragon”. John Powell’s musical score is one of the strongest I’ve heard for an animated film in a very long time.

“How To Train Your Dragon” is brilliant xD

And since we’re talking animation, try watching “The Triplets Of Belleville”

Whoops, messed that quote up without thoroughly checking xP I love musical theatre, so “Phantom of the Opera” is a cinematic must-see.

1 Like

Yeah I agree on ‘How to train your dragon’ and about the soundtrack as well… and I dare say it’s the best Dreamworks animation except after Shrek.

Anyway I thought It’d be hard but Johnny English Reborn is defenitely a worthy sequel. Somehow it’s a very different feeling film from the first one, but it’s still properly brilliant.

And I might have mentioned this before but if I could interest people in a more low-profile Brittish film I’d like to mention ‘Driving Lessons’.

All those cheap movies that are so cheesy that its entertaining just to sit and laugh all the time at them

Watched the latest Saw movie at a friend’s place yesterday. I didn’t think it was possible, but this one actually had something resembling a plot. True, the movie as a whole was still really bad (but bad enough so that it becomes “good”) but I enjoyed it somewhat.

I’ve seen How to Train Your Dragon 29 times since 3 November 2011, so I’ll not comment on that. Actually, I have LD4all to thank for that one, because it was recommended to me in an older movie thread right here. :happy:

… I’m bored… I might just watch it for the 30th time… Yes… I have a lot of work to do. And as King Procrastinator, I feel a movie is in order, and it may as well be this one.

My Neighbor Totoro is a definite must see! Actually, all the Studio Ghibli movies are worth watching, like Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo, Arietty, Kiki’s Delivery Service, all of them! But I suggest Totoro the most because it’s my favorite out of all of them! :smile:

(Is it apparent I just watched the movie? Hahaha XD)

It’s probably just me but is anyone else here a slasher fan? You know, all those movies made in the 70’s - 00’s with a masked (or not) killer who stalks teenagers and kills them one by one. My top three favorite movies are all from this genre, 1.My Bloody Valentine (1981) 2. The Burning 3. My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009), the MBV movies have affected my dreams alot lately.

[color=green]Heh…Yea buddy got one here. Jason, Nightmare on elm street, holloween, chucky,leatherface, hellraiser and many more[/color]

[color=green]
The movies usually effect my dreams much later like 5 months later or something. Had many lucid encounters with these two… With Freddy stay on his good side and as for Jason stay out of his way he’s usually in a bad mood[/color]

That’s awesome! I really like the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, they are so creative with their deaths and dream environments. As for the Friday the 13th films, oh boy. Don’t even get me started :happy:

I just saw Hunger Games, I thought it was good but am kinda disappointed after I watch it.

@Kevs:
Agreed. I went and saw it at the premiere-- of course it was fun and of course I was happy to see one of my favorite books on the big screen… But, I think they could’ve done it better. I feel they left out things that were kind of really important (especially later on in the trilogy) that wouldn’t have been that hard to include, and went out of their way to change things… :meh:

But I mean… It is an adaptation, and I’m thankful it wasn’t completely terrible I guess…

ALSO: last night I had a ‘study party’ with some friends to prepare for our test over The Scarlet Letter— we watched Easy A :tongue:
Cute movie. Not the best, but good imo. Loved her family :tongue:

SPOILER - Click to view

and my heart went out for her when she finally went on a date and it turned out the guy just wanted to um… Buy her(?) But I guess that’s what you get when you uhm, openly accept the stories about you an end up dressing in that fashion… XD

@Faith42: Easy A? I haven’t watch it yet but if you say it’s good then I’ll try o watch it later if am not busy. I’m really finding new movies to watch maybe not literally “new” one, will at least a good and worth to watch movies:)
So do you have another movies to recommend? I like movies like horror, thrilling and sci-fi(feel like Link removed. :mattias: )
Like the Inception.

now you reply to my comment…I hope we can be friends here… (one of the reason why I registered :smile: )

@Kevs: do you come on chat?
*Faith frequents chat :smile: