What Book Are You Reading? - Part IX

I actually just bought Son of Neptune for my yesterday

Am I the only one who is disappointed that Percy is the focus?

(Only on the third chapter, though)

Well yea they could switch between camps every now and then but you don’t even see mension of half blood unroll the end but the next book should fix that and you will know why when its over

^ But the first book is just Jason at Camp Halfblood. And so of course the second would be just Percy at… the other camp. o_O Don’t spoil it for me /me is not planning to get the book for a bit XD

Yes you have the main idea

Hehe, it only gets better from there on out. I read the first book many years ago and it took about 200 pages before I was fully hooked. After that, though, the series didn’t let me go until I’d finished all four (at the time) books.

As someone who’s read all the books currently out in that series (multiple times): you won’t be disappointed.

Also: I recently finished The Wise Man’s Fear. I need something new. Thinking of either the Earthsea series or maybe the Farseer Trilogy. I’ll think about it for a while before I make a decision. Maybe I should read something lighter first, like some of the classics I have on my shelf that I haven’t touched since I bought them a year ago. I’m looking at you, Hound of the Baskervilles.

Currently The Cronicles of Narnia and I am on the third book right now

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I’m trying to get my hands on Catch-22 but whoever checked it out at the library still hasn’t turned it in. :sad:

Percy got his own series. Now he’s just being greedy

Alright, so Christopher Paolini’s “Inheritance” is coming out in about a week. Who else is excited? :razz:

I’m reading the first Stephen Laberge’s book. I let you guess. :tongue:

Currently halfway through book five of the Narnia series

Magy i wanna read it but i got the other books on my kindle so i will be but I just started the second XD
I will read the new one in a while… if i can ever get to it…

We’re reading The Pearl by John Steinbeck in language, just got through chapter 4. Not a bad book so far

Thanks so much for mentioning this, MagykKatte. :happy: I’ve been looking forward this book for such a long time! At the moment I’m finally reading the last volume of Otherland by Tad Williams.

I am reading a comic book, V for Vendetta. It is the fifth of November. :smile:

I’m reading two books right now. One of them is Heart of Darkness, which I’m reading for my OR Responses in Honors English. Kind of an interesting book, considering there is an insane dude named Kurtz in there that convinced a bunch of people the Congo that he was God. The other one, which I am about to start reading, is Of Mice and Men. I have no idea of what its about yet, but I have to read that over Thanksgiving Break for English.

I’ve started on the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien.

Nice! I think I was around your age when I read it the first time. Changed my life :razz: Although now a days we have the movies, you’ve probably seen them. It will still be good though!

I’m reading A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R. R. Martin. I’m on book 2 A Clash of Kings. It’s very awesome.

So far my absolute favorite series are Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Keys to the Kingdom.

I’m not currently reading any books, but I have recently read Poison by Chris Wooding and I have to say that the twist at the end had been pulled off very well.

As for the books I want to read, the Hunter Games series seems to be a very good series. I watched the movie trailer and I must say that the story looks to be quite promising. I also feel like reading the entire series of Narnia. My mother owns the complete set, so I could start reading it now if I wanted to, but I have too much on my plate at the moment. Maybe when my family leaves to the cottage once more will I give it a shot :smile:

We just started the Dairy of Anne Frank in language class but on my own I’m trying to finish the Fruits Baskets series.