Early Work Hours

I work early in the morning, and i find it hard to remember my dreams when i wake up to an alarm clock. Do you guys have any suggestions on how i can remedy this? Thanks, good to be here… been a while

Have a constant sleep pattern where you go to sleep at one time, and wake up another time. Always.

That will make your organic clock wake you up automatically at that time and thus not needing the alarm clock to disturb your REM or heavy sleep for that matter. It’s quite a shock for the body to be forced out of the sleep, therefore decreasing the chance of remembering.

Adjust your sleep schedule. What part of your sleep cycle you wake up in is important (both to remembering dreams and to not feeling tired after you get up). There’s apps to track your sleep, but you can always experiment without using technology for it. I’ve just gotten home from my first night of third shift in my new job, so I’ll be seeing how things go with my sleep for now. Since they’re ten hour work nights, if I get the nine hours of sleep that I want, I won’t have much time at all in the evenings when I’m up before work.

Truth right there.

One could still set the alarm just to be sure. Many people actually wake up about a minute (or several minutes) before their alarm. So when you wake up you can just quietly turn it off without it making any noise. That’s what I do sometimes.

i set the alarm but i usually wake up before it. also make your alarm softer. mine’s my cellphone, so i get to choose the sound. it has these very gentle bells, like wind charms. wakes me up so peacefully each time.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Here’s a problem that i forgot to mention… I do work most mornings, 6am, which means im going to bed around 10, however when i work the late shift (about once a week) i dont get off work until around 1030pm and end up getting to bed around midnight…

Any suggestions there?