Darxide’s EFT Lucid Dream Induction Technique

I designed a brand new technique, based off the principles of EFT, which uses the combination of acupressure points, visual cues to access different parts of the brain as well as the repetition of mantras.

It took me some experimentation to get it just perfect, but in the last 4 days, I’ve had two lucid dreams using this technique. What does THAT tell you about how well it works? :cool: Keep in mind, this was after not having a single lucid dream for two months.

I’ll post the full technique below. If you have any questions, please post them in this thread and I’ll do my best to answer them. Also, please post any successes or failures you have with the below technique in here as well. Last night I had about a 15 to 20 minute lucid dream with this.

Good luck, folks! :content:

[center]Darxide’s EFT Lucid Dream Induction Technique[/center]

Step 1

Tap the karate chop point, on the side of your left hand about a half an inch below the base of your pinky, while repeating the following mantra:

“The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Repeat this slowly over and over for about 40 seconds. Don’t worry about timing it, just try and feel it out. You’ll feel your intent has been solidified in your mind when you are ready to proceed.

The karate chop point is about a half an inch below the base of the pinky on the side of the hand.

[center]
The location of the karate chop point.[/center]

Step 2

Tap each point described below in the sequence listed for approximately 10 times while repeated “I am dreaming” once per each point. When you say the mantra, notice how you feel like you are actually lucid in a dream. You should really hit this hard on the head and imagine different things, at different points. On some points you may visualize yourself becoming lucid in a dream you had recently or you may imagine what you are going to do lucid. Don’t consciously try to decide what you are imagining, but let your subconscious guide your thoughts.

Eye Brow: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Side of Eye: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Under Eye: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Under Nose: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Chin: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Collar Bone: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Thumb: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Index Finger: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Middle Finger: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

Pinky Finger: “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming”

[center]
Use this map of the EFT acupressure points to visually see where each of the points described is located.[/center]

Step 3

Now start tapping the gamut point and close your eyes. The gamut point is on the back of the left hand where your ring finger connects to the structure of the rest of your hand. It’s approximately an inch below the knuckle of your ring finger.
Keep your eyes closed and continue tapping for approximately 10 times, like you did with the other points on your body.

Now open your eyes and keep tapping for 10 more times.
While you maintain tapping the gamut point, look hard down to the right and tap 10 times. Then shift and look hard down to the left while you tap 10 times.
Roll your eyes clock wise.
Roll your eyes counter clock wise.

[center]
The location of the gamut point.[/center]

Step 4

Hum the first few notes of the song ‘Happy Birthday to You’ to yourself while you continue tapping the gamut point with your eyes open. Then count from 1 to 5 at the speed you are tapping and hum the first few notes one more time.
Take a deep breath and repeat Step 2 one more time. Then take a deep breath and have a sip of water. After that, you are done. :smile:

Notes:

1. You can repeat this technique as many times as you need to, in order to feel like you are going to have a lucid dream. When you are done, lie down in bed and just relax. Don’t try to make anything happen. You should also repeat this technique any time you experience bouts of wakefulness during the middle of the night, whether you have to go to the bathroom or something else brings you to full senses.
    If you are right-handed, use the right hand to tap the right side of your face but tap the left hand for the points on fingers. If you are left-handed, reverse these instructions.

2. For those of you who are unfamiliar with EFT, here is an excellent video provided by dB_FTS that demonstrates the tapping points and technique to use. Watch closely so you can see how it’s done. :wink:

This seems really interesting! A question, though…Is there any way to shorten the process? I’d have difficulty remembering all the steps/pressure points.

Haha I suppose if you wanted to, you could cut out steps, but then you wouldn’t thoroughly be planting the affirmation in every corner of your mind. Tapping the different acupressure points, performing specific eye movements and vocals tones opens up access to different parts of your subconscious for re-programming. The way the technique in its entirety is sure to cover and bombard every corner of your subconscious with the intention to become lucid in your dreams.

The more of the technique that you skip, the less effective it will be.

It should only take a few days in order to fully memorize it though. I recommend starting off by reading the main post while you do it, so it reminds you what to do next. After 2 or 3 days, you’ll find you don’t need to read it any more and can perform it at the edge of your bed.

I can promise you it’s worth memorizing though. :wink:

Last night was my second night in a row and third night this week where I had a lucid dream using this technique. I think a lot of people are underestimating this technique and overlooking how powerful it is.

Seems like a very interesting technique. Can’t wait to try it out tonight! :happy:

Alright, I tried the technique last night. (Somehow, I managed to remember all the points I was supposed to touch) But I had no success whatsoever. I find this technique very interesting, though, so I’ll continue to keep trying! :content:
Just a quick question:
Does this method have to be performed in absolute silence? I usually have a fan that I run in the background to help keep my room cool. I found the noise was a little distracting. Do you think the noise could have impeded my progress?

No, it shouldn’t make a difference with or without silence. It’s important that there is silence in your mind, when doing the technique as well.

I am still experimenting with it, but I find that repeating this cycle three times in a row, with the lights out, immediately before you lay down for bed to work the best. It’s also important you very clearly visualize yourself becoming lucid in different dreams when you tap each point and repeat the mantra.

Better luck next time. :cool:

I like the approach, especially visualsing whilst tapping the points. I have used regular eft and the advanced choices method in the past to no avail. I still google search for people who may have used eft for inducing lucids and ended up here. You say it took time to perfect; what exactly is the defining part of your method that perfected it for you? I am assuming it is the visualisation whilst tapping. I use eft regularly so I only needed to read your instructions once. I did your method last night laid down in bed. No lucids but a very vivid and emotionally positive dream. I will be using eft again. Please keep us updated as it is clearly working very well for you.

Wow, it really works
I started doing this at about midnight when i fell asleep
I woke up at 5 for WBTB and immediatley fell asleep with no WILD or MILD at all, and i immediarely entered a LD
You will be hearing me recomend this technique and using it as more of a primary technique because it worked the first time trying it.

And i may have no true knowledge of this, but i heard somewhere that when doing mantras you should always say "I am " instead of “im going”. Just a hint, it worked first try for me

Hey man. Good to hear you’re trying. Just stay consistent with this technique and you’ll see results faster than with the other techniques, I am sure.

When I say it took time to perfect, I had to try different mantras to see what vibed with me just right. The mantra I included with this technique may not be perfect for everyone, but it’s what sets my thoughts in the right pattern to induce lucidity. You may have to try switching the mantra around a bit to what works best for you. You know how powerful EFT is, so I am sure you can see the potential here.

I have a 75% success rate with this technique so far, which is much higher than even MILD was for me. Keep up the good work.

[mod]Stacked posts edited together :tardis:[/mod]

:cheesy: Thanks for the tip on the mantras, buddy. I’ll try that tonight and just see how it goes. Glad to hear you were as successful as I was with this technique, even the first time using it.

The way you described the actual process of becoming lucid was a lot how mine usually is with this. I wake up in the early morning, wide awake and fully conscious and usually have to go to the bathroom. When I go back to bed, I just remember that I did the tapping technique earlier and fall back to sleep. No MILD, no WILD, I just instantly know that I am dreaming at some point in my dream without even needing to do a reality check. It’s quite different than the way MILD and WILD feels.

Anyways, I am rambling. :content: Congrats man. Please share this technique with as many people as you feel would benefit from it.

I will, but no work last night, but i did have a excellent dream recall and i was quite amazed because i usually have really bad recall. So basically this MAY work weather it induces lucid dreams or not…

And yes, i did no reality checks, it all just came clear, the kind of perfect example from doing a DILD

Can you do these pressure points laying down or does this hinder the experience?

I haven’t been doing WBTB, I haven’t been doing reality checks AT ALL, I haven’t been keeping a dream journal and I sure as heck haven’t been doing MILD.

Last night I had TWO lucid dreams spread out throughout the night and I have had a total of 5 in the last 6 days. How? Using EFT! I posted a technique a while back, but it looked more complicate than it really is so only two people tried it. One person had success with it their very first attempt and the other person only tried once as far as I know of.

It seriously only takes me two or three minutes before bed, then I just relax and fall asleep like normal and - BAM! Next thing I know, I suddenly realize I am dreaming, without even seeing something weird or doing a reality check. I just know 100% that I am dreaming, no shadow of a doubt and I proceed to do lucid stuff.

Those of you who are struggling should really give this a few good tries. I’ve had anywhere between a 50% and 75% success rate with it most weeks.

Since this is talking about a technique that already has an existing topic, the two have been merged together. :tardis:

@Rob

I’ve never tried them laying down, but you can if you want to. Please let me know how it works.

I usually do it standing by my doorway or sitting up in bed, with my feet on the floor.

An update for all of you:

I’ve found two things REALLY help.

1. Use the mantra “The next time I’m dreaming, I will become aware I am dreaming.” Word for word, just like that on EVERY pressure point. I’ll see if I can update the main post.

2. RELAX about it. This is not MILD where you have to pour every ounce of will into each of your suggestions. Just gently relax and take on the attitude, “I’d like to have a lucid dream tonight, but if I don’t, it’s not the end of the world” while you are doing the tapping and carry that attitude to bed. Let your mind wander and think about anything positive while falling asleep afterward.

I’ve read about your tech but I didn’t give it a try… Your post here is very inspiring…

Ok, I’ll try that for about a week, and I’ll post result in original topic about this tech. I’m somehow very lazy at the time about lucid dreaming, I don’t know why, maybe just that part of the year affects me like that, crappy weather outside, little daily light, so much to do… It’s depressing… :shy:

Well, here I am! Like I promised in your other post! :grin:

And I have a question, maybe it’s stupid but I don’t have any experience with this. At the end of your post it says:

This mean that we should tap only points on one side of head, right?

What do you think about combine this tech with simple meditation, just to calm your mind and then apply tech?!

EDIT:

Oh and one more: do you do some kind of pressure on those points while saying mantra or do you just do simple tap, like tap > mantra > next point?!

Sounds good, man. :cheesy: I look forward to hearing about your results. Just be sure to not try too hard here. The trick is balancing effort with ease. If you feel like you’re exerting a lot of effort to do this technique, you’re doing it wrong. Good luck!

I’ve never tried it with meditation first, but I believe that would help calm and settle the mind. If you want to try testing it with a meditation beforehand, I would greatly appreciate hearing how that works.

Yes, you should only be tapping one side of your face. I am right handed so I use my right hand to tap the right side of my face.

I just do a simple tap about ten times quickly per each point.

Ok, thanks on the info.

I’ll try and post here…