The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VIII

Hi Friends,
Yest had pretty long and vivid dreams. In one of the dreams, I had two scenarios, one after the other. In the first scenario, i saw myself praying in a temple. in the next scenario, saw myself near cottage from which an old man came out. He looked like a priest. I saw myself narrating him that i had a dream in which i was praying in a temple. soon after the dream ended and i realised even the previous one was a dream :smile:
Was i lucid?

i don’t understand what you mean. you realised when you woke up?

it’s only a lucid dream if you know it’s a dream WHEN you’re dreaming it.

No, i did not wake up. I had two dreams. One dream it was a ND where i saw myself praying in a temple. The next dream was also a ND (I think) but i recognised in that dream that the previous one was a dream.

Technically it wasn’t a “real” lucid dream, but you are definitely incredibly close.

You have a lucid dream when you realize that the dream you’re having at that moment is a dream - just keep it up a little longer.

If you know that you are dreaming when you are in that dream, than yes you are. :thumbs:

In the situation you describe you don’t realise you are actually dreaming, you instead realise another dream you have had, was a dream. You had a dream about a dream; not a lucid dream. Although it’s an interesting event, and does tend to indicate you are thinking in a way more conducive to having a lucid dream. It doesn’t seem to meet the definition of lucid dream.

Last night, I fell asleep after being completely exhausted, having been at a soccer game a few hours before.

The dream I entered went like this:

I was walking through my school hallways, with people all around. I made my way to the cafeteria and suddenly became aware I was dreaming. I don’t know why, I don’t know how. I just knew I was in a dream. I looked up at the exit sign and tried to change it into something else–to will it into turning into a different color and thing–to test if I was actually asleep.

Boom. It changed into a multicolored graffiti-like box and I heard a loud noise echo through my ears (as if to signal the success of the product of my concentration. I get a similar effect by closing my eyes hard down towards my nose, a kind of “whoosh” noise). My dream immediately became unstable. My eyes started vibrating wildly and I couldn’t focus. Knowing that this was the effect of lucidity, I told myself to calm down. I closed my eyes and began to focus on breathing, and slowly the dream settled.

I walked around a bit. At this point, I wasn’t exercising any control; I didn’t even feel lucid. The dream went on its given path until I once again grabbed control. I decided to try and change the place I was in.

I closed my eyes and focused and opened them at my girlfriend’s house.

I’ll omit the rest for you.

Then, I woke up this morning to my father complaining about me taking my medicine. I told him I’d take it in five minutes and fell asleep. I woke up again (seemingly) to take it, and my medicine was oddly shaped and I wasn’t able to take it.

I woke up a third time and looked at my medicine again and realized that I hadn’t taken it or even tried to yet.

False awakening?

My question is, did I dream that I was lucid, or was I lucid?

While I still haven’t had a lucid dream yet, those quotes seem to indicate that you were lucid. I guess the question is whether you had the “click” that made you aware that you were dreaming, but you said so in the first quote. So I’m guessing yes?

I was pretty sure I was awake. But I wasn’t sure if I was DREAMING that I had control, or if I actually did.

I guess you mean aware rather than awake here. I’m not sure why you refer to dreaming you had control, having a lucid dream is about being aware you are dreaming whilst you are in the dream. It doesn’t have to do with control, you can be lucid and not exercise control over the dream. It also seems common when people first lucid dream that they believe at some level they can’t control it, or that doing so is hard, or has consequences; like dream destabilising for example.

From reading your dream, you seem to have become lucid from what you say.

Last night I dreamt one of the strangest dreams I had. It seemed like a LD, but it felt like a ND. I remember that I all of a sudden thought that I was dreaming. I looked at my hands and the were weird. I thought “Well, this is a lucid dream.” But I wasn’t thrilled or excited at all. Then I looked at the mirror in my bathroom and put my hands on it. They were really weird and the image on the mirror seemed blurry.
Next thing I know I woke up and wrote this in my DJ. But when I really woke up, my DJ was empty. Was this a false awakening? And was this dream a LD?
I think it wasn’t, but I’m pretty close.
Edit: Oh yeah, the dream was pretty vivid and that was the first thing I noticed about it. Shame I can’t recall more of that dream…

If you knew that you were dreaming while in a dream and you said it:

I looked at my hands and the were weird. I thought “Well, this is a lucid dream.”

then it was a lucid dream. And yes later on that was a FA! To prevent those you need to make a RC when you wake up just to be sure that you are actually awoken!

Thanks for the answer.
I am suspicious because it felt like a ND. Could it be that I dreamt about a LD?

Could be, but still if you realized inside the dream that you are dreaming that it was LD. False LD would be if you dreamt about doing things you would usually do when you are lucid like flying, shape shifting and such things but without realization that it’s actually a dream. At the end it goes to what you think and if you think that was NLD then it was but by the definition it was lucid!

Last night I tried to WILD and im not sure if I did because I knew I was dreaming, but when I tried to make something appear, I couldnt get it to stay in the dream…it would disappear after a second…

This was, in fact, a lucid dream. The definition of a lucid dream is that you know you’re dreaming. However, what you experienced sounds like it was a low-level lucid dream, where you don’t have much control. I believe there’s an article in the article space about increasing dream control (too lazy to go link it). Congratulations on your dream, however! I have yet to have one that lasts more than a few seconds.

Thanks I think I understand now. Ive actually had a lot of practice lucid dreaming so ive gotten to the point where I can control my dreams, wake up from them, and revisit them. This was dream was different so I didnt know what to think :smile:

Hi All. I am hoping to get your insight into a dream I had last night. I am yet to have an LD (I think :eh: ).

My dream: I am in a building getting shown round by a man and a woman, we get to a room that they say has a virtual reality machine inside. I like the sound of that and they say I can have a go, the woman goes into it with me to teach me how to use it. she says its very realistic to the senses and that the physical limits of the simulation range from real to none (as in LD). we are in what looks like a kitchen when she is telling me this and the limits are ‘set’ to none, so to try out the theory I jump up, land on my hands on the counter, spin round on one hand and jump off, still on my hands. I flip back up onto my feet, exclaiming how cool that was, she is amazed that I picked it up that fast. I say that it’s easy, as she said, anything is possible so it stands to reason simulating me standing and jumping on my hands is easy, which it had been. She then ‘loads’ a flying simulator that is set on real, I’m now in a blackbird SR-71 stealth plane, at altitude at full speed. I get the nod that I’m in control, it feels great to fly, I can’t help but have some fun, I take us into a dive that takes us right down to skimming trees and houses, the speed is incredible and it looks amazing. I end up in a jungle (I must have crashed the plane |, maybe the machine loaded a random scene when the somebody dies in the simulator, it all starts getting a bit vague) , there are some enemies that I fight. there ends the simulation. and so does the dream, I wake up.

Was it just an ND that was sort of on the subject of LD like a dream I had where I was in a room with people talking about LD but actually lucid. Or a sort of semi-LD?

It didn’t feel like I thought an LD would, it wasn’t very vivid I’ve had easier dreams to recal than that one. Bear with me… I didn’t feel lucid although I was controlling what happened in the dream, in the dream I’m in a VR machine and have control of what I saw and felt, but it was my dream self controlling those things not me. Like watching actors start to improvise during a play.

I hope I made sense, any insight would be appreciated. Cheers :smile:

Merged into The BIG “Was this a LD?” topic. :mattias:/:rhewin:

There’s a simple answer: if ever thought to yourself, “hey, I’m dreaming!” then it was an LD, regardless of clarity or control. If you didn’t have that little epiphany, it wasn’t a lucid dream. Now, it could be semi lucid or false lucid, and the fact your are at least dreaming about LD’s is a good sign. Now you just need to work on your awareness so you catch such things. Keep it up :content:

Thanks for the post, and the move (hadn’t spotted this post yet, i’ll have a read).

I deffinately didn’t get that epiphany, good to know I’m on the right track though, this will hopefully give my confidence an extra nudge. Roll on tonight and my first LD :plotting:
I’ve been doing some EFT excerices with a ‘when I dream, remember my dream’ matra, I should maybe try ‘when I dream, become aware’ to help me remember to take stock and raise my awareness.

Cheers :cool: