Short Memory > ~Dreams~ > Long Memory?

So, I just got back to LD. And I found it strange that I remember old dreams from a year back when I was active, I remember then exactly and can play throu them in my head again.

My teacher said the other day at the driving school that when we dream, the brain puts daily memories from short memory over to the long memory. And this is when dream occur in the REM sleep. Soo, the brain dosnt really try to store the dreams in Long Memory at all, they’re just leftovers from freshing the brain up or what to call it.

But now when we Dream recall like mad, and remember the dreams when we wake up… Does the dream get stored in the short memory?? or are they already in the Long time memory during…

I find it very easy too remember the dreams after dream recalling them, so I was thinking maybye they’re already in the Long time memory while we are in REM - we just pinpoint to where the dream is located in the longtime memory??

Just a theory really, this might be stupid im nab xD would be nice if someone explained.

I don’t really know much about how dreaming works and all that technical stuff, but when I wake up I always feel like my dream are something that happened, and not really important. I’ll be like “What was my dream?” and I’ll back-track in my head and I’ll think, “Ohhh, that was a dream”. I think we keep them in our short-term memory, which we are usually not aware of.