Hm. . . . Here's a new one

Just a minute ago, I was reading a few of the old posts on this forum board here, and I read a stories that sounded awesome, but mostly because they were a surprise. I thought “that would be fun to experience” But if I did it like that, I might feel like I was just joking or something. So I was wondering (and I just picked a simple example for this), if you can kind of set traps for yourself in a LD on purpose, but purposely forget about them. Like maybe:

1. You set up one of those practical jokes where you open a door just slightly, and place a bucket of water on top of it, so when someone opens the door, the bucket falls on them. (Make sure the area you’re at has another way in and out, too)

2. When you’re done with that, go do something else for a while and completely forget about it.

3. Go back and fall for your own trap.

4. Be genuinly stumped. Not like “What the- oh yeah right, I did that.” But “What the- when I get my hands on whoever did this, I’m gonna… Etc.”

Basically, like you didn’t set it up in the first place. Maybe that wasn’t the most epic storyline of all time, but I was wondering if you could do this. So yeah, guess thats it. This message will self-destruct in

na, you can’t just “forget” something at will. this is an evolutionary tactic. you neeed to remember everything you do. The only way is maybe if you got super drunk and blacked out, but even then you would proly just fuck something up, or… not remember doing it. Also i wouldn’t advise that.

The best way to “set a trap” is by identifying a dreamsign & practicing to be able to recognize that in a dream & become lucid. It’s not magic

Well, I guess you could always pretend to hope something doesn’t happen? You would have to be pretty paranoid about it… and it wouldn’t be an exact, specific event…

Create a trickster and set it loose! It might not just be buckets of water. Who knows what the trickster will come up with to mess with you. Invent the only way to get rid of the trickster before setting it loose!

LOL! That’s a great idea…eeerm, I think. Wait a minute tho…yes this last line is key…but the question is, will it be enough…to stop the trickster…from becoming something more ? Think Kato in Pink Panther :help: :happy:

Good idea! Perhaps if I ever randomly feel like getting owned, I’ll should summon him. :tongue:

Yeah, I suppose it more of a theory than an actual question. Suppose I’ll have to go and try it myself at some point.

Tries to walk away only to find pants pulled down and nailed to the floor

Hahaha! Curse you Pranky Prankster-ton!!!

Wait a minute, if you actually really set a trap in a LD, and then forget about the trap, wouldn’t that mean that the trap will actually disappear out of existance?

And then, why would you fall for your own trap in the first place anyway?

Or imagine you are in a warehouse full of traps? “I know this place is full of traps” so this way you don’t have to have already set traps that you don’t know about/ or forgot about but rather traps just randomly appear just as any normal generation goes.

You could pretend your Indiana Jones (or other classic dungeon runners) and go searching for your own Golden Skull. That way you’d know it would be full of traps like dart shooters or boulder traps.

The Trickster is an awesome idea! :woo: That way you’d have an entity that could grow to have a personality of its own and you’d never know when the next trap would hit you!

The final solution is to, while in a dream, assume everything is heavily trapped. In the end you’ll hit more than you imagined.

Sounds leaky

I’m sure it hypothetically could work, but then again If you genuinely fool your self how can you be sure that you set the trap in the first place. It could just be a fluke that a bucket of water falls on your head since you won’t be able to remember setting the trap even If you are able to forget.

You can teleport to a house full of traps instead of making a house full of traps.

Dafuq? Do you have any source on this? Lucid dreaming follows a simple equation: Harry Potter^5 million. I have read quite a few posts from LD4ALL users, saying they forgot things on purpose.

I think your subconscious would take care of that. :smile: