How far back does your dream journal go?

moved from fruits of lucidity

I have pretty good recall, and I’ve accumulated about 5 or 6 full notebooks so far that go back consistently to around June of this year. I have some entries all the way back to '09, but those weren’t everyday like they are now. I usually recall anywhere from 1-5 dreams per night, since I started getting back into my dreams over the summer. But I must admit sometimes I do get a tad lazy and wont feel like writing them down, especially lately. Any tips on how to stay motivated?

My first DJ entry is from October 2010 when I first heard about LD’ing. :smile: Some days are only short notes or nothing though.

I have my dreams saved on my iPod but I always write them down later into my paper DJ. At the moment I have the same problem like you. :sad: What motivates me to keep my DJ updated is that my DR is bad if I don’t (which bugs me a lot), that I won’t get any LD’s if my DR isn’t as good as it should and that if I have a nice dream I won’t remember it (in great detail). So maybe I shouldn’t post here but write into my DJ…The only thing which really helps with this problem is a swift kick in your own butt. :razz:

My first handwritten DJ is from 2000, the year i first joined the old version of LD4all. The online DJ has been going since 2004.

The thought of reading the dreams later, like a book, and remembering them again is very good motivation for writing them down.

I’ve kept a regular journal since I was nine and have dreams written in them here and there. it’s so funny to read dreams I had when I was that young. I sure liked Leonardo DiCaprio a lot ha ha!

I’m conflicted about keeping my dream journal on here, I feel like I should have a paper version, but it’s so much easier (and quicker) to type it up when I get to work in the mornings.

I have rather clear recall of dreams from when I was little, but I began recording my dreams in a journal mid 2009. My recall picked up in 2010 and has been getting weaker this year. The idea of rereading my dreams in the future seems like an awesome motivator though. I really think I just need to take some more time out of my day to think about dreaming though.

The first dream I ever wrote in a DJ was March 30th, 2010, and I’m still actively writing in the very same journal today (it contains over 400 pages).

I can’t wait to finish up in this journal. I bought a new one about half a year ago and it had a dark flexible cover with neon green lettereing as well as at the tips of the papers. I also bought special pencils to write in the journal with CB

I remember I had a dream diary in my childhood and wrote down some of my most memorable dreams and dream characters (mostly nightmares or recurring characters- I often dreamt about skeletons dead people, abandoned/dark places or other disturbing things). I only remember a few of them - only small dream fragments. My current DJ is from 2008 - 2009 when I took notes consciously not just fragments from my dreams. Then last year I began to LD and wrote down my dreams more detailed - sometimes (in lack of time… or before going to somewhere - and have to hurry) just list down the key elements that were in the dream.

My first DJ (hand written) began with a dream dated 16/09/1993! I filled up a lot of foolscap books until I got my first computer around 1995 (an Atari 1040ST with a whole 1meg of ram! LOL) and from that point forward all dreams were recorded on computer. I was having lots of NDs and LDs prior to 1993 but never bothered to keep a DJ for some reason. I lost several YEARS worth of DJ entries when my computer went under in a flood and I foolishly didn’t have a back up - it was devastating at the time as I really enjoy going back over old dreams. Anyway, that’s my story :smile:

My first dream entry was probably from around late 2009. I didn’t know about “lucid dreaming” at the time though…

Maybe some time in early 2010 or late 09 XD after watching sharkboy and lava girl I thought I’d test out the DJ thing.

i just started writing in my DJ but i have quiet alot of dreams from my childhood that is insanly clear to me, even in smaller details :smile:

First time I started writing down dreams was feb 2008 :razz:

This is one of the reasons I love dreaming so much! Like you, I also recall vividly some dreams from my distant past even though many real life memories from that time have faded away.

It genuinely surprises me that so many ppl don’t seem to be interested in their dreams…that’s why, to me, LD4all is gold :smile:

yesterday

My first hand written goes back to about 2007-2008. I had no idea what a dream journal was back then, I just wrote down my dreams (well, mostly my nightmares), because my friend thought it would be interesting for us to dissect them.

My first attempt at writing a dream journal was in 2005. I was twelve. Back then I didn’t know that it was possible to work on dream recall, i thought it was simply a question of luck that the dream didn’t vanish.

Later, in november 2009, I discovered the whole dream recall and LD thing and decided to record all my dreams. Never stopped ever since.

I first wrote in my “official” dream journal September 30, 2011. However, I often had dreams that inspired story plots (unfortunately no dates, but I think they were from June/July/August of 2010) so I wrote those down so I could remember.

I just started my dream journal last month :meh: I really should have started it a long time ago

My DJ goes back to Fall 2012, now I remember my dreams every day, but sometimes i have to be a bit patient until I can recall the dream, but when i remember the first detail, the rest of the dream comes back really fast

I started around May 2012, but my dream recall fell back after we moved, and I kind of just “forgot” about writing in my dream journal, which led to me forgetting about reality checks and stuff.