What is your favorite browser?

I generally use and love firefox, but I do have to say chrome is turning out to be quite an amazing browser of it’s own. Now if I can just get my 10,000 bookmarks up and running there’s a good chance it will be my new favorite toy.

Google Chrome, i’ve tried it and thought it was awesome, unfortunately i’m on a Mac so i must wait a little while longer before Google makes me happy.

FIREFOX!!!

Firefox is a lady…
Never crashed for me…even tho i sometimes get an error saying that firefox encountered a problem.When i click restart firefox,it pops up again…and so on till one piont:D
It is handy and has shiny buttons o.0

Indeed.

I love Firefox. It’s versatile, has a good interface, doesn’t hog system resources, and allows for Add-Ons to customize your browsing experience. There is nothing better, in my opinion.

I don’t much care to become Google’s prostitute, so no Chrome for me.

Google chrome

chrome is the best and advanced browser. its my favorite browser too. the latest version of chorme 11 has many advaned features than the previous versions.
there are many advanced features including 50 best web store applications, 87 best add, 12 best extenstions and lot more.
chrome has overaced IE and other browsers in the race. chrome has incredible download speed and the browser itself is very fast. i even checked the browser speed through Scanmyspeed.com.

I have both FF and Chrome but it seems like AdBlock behaves much better in FF. In Chrome it’s always whining for me to click on the ad for it to recognize it.

Firefox user here.
Not a particular firefox ‘fanboy’ but I eliminated the alternatives for a few reasons. Although the newer versions of firefox seem to have made nice steps towards improving on previous issues it had and I’m quite happy with its direction.
I eliminated IE because I’m a Linux user, and well I won’t run down IE, there is already enough doing that. (I see security as more important than functionality, something IE has backwards, in my opinion.)
Chrome, because google is too big, they target towards being good, and sound good on paper, but no company being so big and influential, is a good thing in my mind.
Opera, because I felt like it was trying to assimilate me into a collective.
Safari because I’m not aware of a linux version.

Not to step on any of your zeal for chrome but you might want to look at the table shown below, taken from wikipedia, and showing the figures for September 2011. It’s true chrome has grown rapidly in popularity, but it still isn’t the number 1 used browser at least by this not-100%-reliable method. I’m also a bit dubious about using popularity as a good judge of what is best, IE is number one and frankly I find the prospect of using IE scary from a computer safety perspective.

[size=25]click graph for more information.[/size]

Just wanted to pick up on this point. Your browser doesn’t affect your download speed. That is why I do not trust the website you link to. Browser speed is one thing, download speed is another. “Faster browser” refers to the programs operational speed, not the speed you can browse online, that is and always will be limited by your connection speed, browser can’t change that. The test the site claims to do is useless in testing browser speed. If it gives a different result for different browsers its by either design (in a manipulating the results based on user-agent.), or the way the test is implemented. (Meaning it might exploit the way different browsers do a certain act, to get a different result. Not giving a fair impression of the differences between them however, when used on the open internet…)

I like firefox well enough to go with it but my favourite is Google Chrome (which this computer cant handle :tongue:)

Firefox is pretty good, and I like it alot. However, the computer I have it installed on is slow, so I never use it. I’m an Internet Explorer user, simply because its easy for me. Google Chrome I never got used to, I don’t really know why.

Nice post Dragon.

I’m currently running Chromium and love it. Firefox is my ever faithful backup (and Stumbling) browser. I have actually scrubbed my computer as clean as I can get it of Internet Explorer.

There are minor differences, but for the most part Chromium runs the same as Chrome, and I’ve gotten so used to Chrome’s look and feel. I agree with you Dragon, Google is slowly becoming a bit too big to be good and I’ve noticed a few moves they’ve made recently (as a company) that were a bit iffy in my mind, but that’s for another discussion.
On this computer (which I believe is coincidentally the same as computer I started this thread on) Chromium just seems to run the fastest. The more recent versions of Firefox have been taking longer and longer to start up and (regular) Chrome seems to be a bit more resource hungry. It’s not a HUGE difference, but it is a noticeable one when my computer is trying to stream HD Doctor Who. Chromium just seems to let it render the easiest, smoothest. (Being about 4 years old (and notably older than it’s OS), this laptop just doesn’t like the shiny new HD videos I subjugate it to) I’d have to be a bit more scientific with my “tests” but from the couple times I’ve run a temperature gauge while streaming, Chromium seems to run cooler than Chrome or Firefox.

I admit, some of it could be placebo effect and it is mostly subjectively graded, but I like Chromium the most at the moment.

I’m Firefox all the way and it bugs me to no end how all of the school computers use Internet Explorer. They have Firefox but only teachers and myself really use it.

Chrome. Had firefox in the time I had vista/xp. But I guess I just stopped using it. I liked it over IE at that time. Now I just enjoy chrome more. Easy but a good browser.

Nice old topic revival.

I use Firefox and Opera at the same time, not kidding.

Firefox is much more compatible and opens the pages correctly and it seems very stable for me.

Opera is fast, has the most intelligent page loading i’ve ever seen and comes with some features built in that would make Firefox slow if you install similar addons.

However opera is not very nice with flash, and lots of tabs with flash things makes things very slow.

Chrome FTW!

Firefox of course. For whatever ungodly reason, google coded Chrome in such a way Adblock Plus can’t block video ads except for YouTube. That and I dun care for how light Chrome is.

Chrome, and I love the speed!

Safari, but it’s getting really bloated.

I also use Chromium at work, love how fast and lightweight it is :smile:

If browsers were men:
Safari is the artsy alternative guy, he married some rich guy named Steve, now he just makes pretty things, but is really bloated and lazy
Firefox was the quarterback in high school, athletic and popular in his youth, but shows up at the high school reunion with a beer gut and a pacemaker scar
Chrome is the good looking athletic guy, but he picks your pocket
Opera is the shy guy in the corner, has a lot of nice features, but you’ll probably never get to know him
wget is the geek who doesn’t like anything mainstream
IE was the kid eating paste, but got adopted by a really rich man named Bill and is set for life

:grin:

Firefox all the way.

Fastest download speeds, greatest level of customization, the only browser with a native IRC chat, the only browser with open source add-ons (that I know of), meaning people can create add-ons for, say, illegal activities, but propose them as “security enhancement tools”, and firefox will actually allow them to be distributed.

Which is why I only ever use firefox. Otherwise, I’d lose my hackbar, tamper data, adblock plus, and all my other nifty tools :grin: That and the chrome layout is a bit ridiculous, IMO.