The BIG Déjà Vu topic - Part II

Every once in awhile, I seem to experience deja vu, it’s always the same situation, me and the people around me are going about their daily buisness when one of them does something that they wouldn’t normally do. At which point, I remember that person doing the exact same thing several days and/or weeks earlier, with no one remembering it happening. I am guessing the reason that this is happening is that my sub concious mind is picking up on abnormalities in the people around me, and while I dream, it plays out those situations. It’s odd because I remember the situations so I must have realized that I was dreaming while dreaming, I just remember bits and pieces of each. I find it odd having deja vu atleast twice a week, I am constantly telling my friends, “hey you did that three days ago”! Their response is always, “I’m pretty sure I didn’t”. In one case I had deja vu twice within 5 minutes, I am hoping that someone here can tell me what is going on, my theory seems to make a fair amount of sense, it’s just HOW often my brain picks up on abnormalities, how many situations can it go through while I sleep?

Any help would be appreciated…

Sometimes I just feel like I get deja vus all the time. I think it’s somehow connected to my dreams. For example, i sit beside my bed reading a book with a cup of tea and suddenly for half a second I just feel like I once had a dream with the exact same scene and then the feeling just goes away :eek: weird weird.

Later on i read an article which says that while your brain analyses what you are doing, it might unvoluntarily rewind what it just memorized which leads to a feeling of deja vu

i get de ja vus like every three months or so, likely longer. but i got one so strongly once that i got visions and heard of voices of doing it before. never have done it before…i think it may have been a strong past life vision…haha i probully sound crazy right lol :smile:

The last time I got a Deja Vu was a few days ago in class.

I recognized the sensation fast, and tried to predict what my teacher was going to say. He didn’t say what I thought.

I thought he was going to say something about armadillos. Perhaps a long lost dream where everything was exactly the same, besides what my teacher was about to say.

SPOILER - Click to view

Or an infinite time loop which will only stop if my teacher doesn’t talk about armadillos. :razz:

Deja Vu is awesome, I didn’t had one for some time but the best thing about it are theories…

The best one I heard is from TV series: Fringe, If somebody watched it knows what I’m talking about, and for those who doesn’t the theory goes something like this:

We experience deja vu because we were actually in that place or in situation before, but the question is when and WHERE that happened?! And the answer is: parallel universe!

I mean what else could it be for the theory, even the whole series is about parallel universe, although great TV series… :grin:

I frequently get deja vu…certain random images, names, movies I’ve never seen or heard of, songs I play on the piano…and of course, the random number (1167, if you’re interested). I’ve no other explanation that supernatural forces messing with my memory.

This is pretty much always what happens whenever I have Deja Vu. I start getting the feeling of it and then I say to everyone, “Woah, I’m having serious Deja Vu,” and I think to myself I definitely said that before too. So yea, the Deja Vu was part of the Deja Vu, cool to see someone else have that. :smile:

A few years ago I had déjà vus very frequently, but they were very short. Real flashes, like single frames. Nowadays I don’t have them as often but when I do have them they last a great deal longer… up to 5-10 seconds, which is long enough for the mind to realise you’re having a déjà vu while you’re still in it.

Sometimes, a few days ago for example, this goes so far that you start having tiny little thoughts in your head during the déjà vu that tell you what is going to happen next… or at least tell you that you know what is going to happen next.

I know the scientific explanation of déjà vu, and I guess that could cover those little thoughts. But then again my whole life I’ve been learning myself to listen to, and trust my own head and body. On the other hand I really dislike the idea of predestination. So I think I’m going timetravel with this one :content:

Let’s blame them bloody neutrino’s :tongue:

Last night, I went out to eat with some friends at Cracker Barrel, after a service project. My friend started talking about her cousin and aunt, and I had the biggest feeling of deja vu I’d ever had! I could remember her story, her voice, the background, and even what she was wearing. Though, I never remember from where. Maybe I dream all this stuff. I don’t know. But, it was definately unnerving!

Quite often i have dreams then ages later remember the dream during the moment. I know what the people around me are going to do or say and I know what i should say. I can’t help but want to change what I say or not say anything at all. does anyone else get this?

I think I used to have De Ja Voo when I played Pokémon in the past lol

I had a big one the other day.

This time I did accurately predict what was going to happen. :yay:

SPOILER - Click to view

But I don’t remember it now… :neutral:

The other day I had a déjà vu of a déjà vu :bored: … a double déjà vu? I wonder how far they can go? is triple possible? :razz:

Wow! It’s pretty ineresting.

I have always had a lot of Deja Vuus. I have at least one every day. It’s kinda weird. Sometimes I get a very lond Deja vu - like 3 or 4 minutes. I love them.

Sometimes I know what other people are about to do or say and it’s a bit boring to hear something you’ve already heard. :happy:

Ohh man, I get so many Deja vu’s
When I was a child we went to a castle and I could have sworn I’de been there before, walking around I knew where everything was/ would be.

I also get them at work a lot, the other day i turned around expecting my boss to walk by (even though she had gone upstairs) and there she was, I knew she would tell me to do something and I wouldn’t quite hear and bingo.

Similarly when I was a kid I remember being in a lesson and hearing the teachers words in my mind slightly before she said them, I always put this down to me hearing the words and then believing I had some ability to predict what she would say, like advanced lip reading but Idk, maybe I was really good at predicting the next typical line of speech, interesting never the less.

Normally when I get deja vu it comes in the form of images, and sometimes sounds/words. Very rarely is it a conversation. However, when I was watching a show yesterday, this happenned twice. The last time I remembered a conversation was December. These past several weeks I’ve had an increasing number of deja vu moments and I’m curious. After periods such as this, does anything bad/good/important happen, or is this just a cycle?

I tend to get deja vu on almost a daily basis. it happens most often around my friends. i also get it often at work, but i suppose thats just because my work is very redundant.

I often get Deja Vu but its usually just when Im having a conversation with friends? :confused:

The Deja Vu occurrence kind of stopped for me due to my regular sleep and less time in front of the PC.

Basically it may occur only after I stay awake for a long time or I’m physically exhausted. Luckily they are short, not more than 5.-7. sec.

I do not connect them to anything mysterious or, rather, esoteric. Used to do that when I was a kid and always thought :

• "OMG A METEOR’s COMING DOWN TO KILL EVERYONE :open_mouth: "

Fun times. :smile:

1 Like