Memory

Hi guys,
Is it possible to remember things in a lucid dream, for example memory from childhood (Things that in cant remember when I`m awake)?? Can I do that by asking my lucid ego ??

THX :smile: :smile: :content: :content:

Moved from the Lucid Lab. :dragon:

I think it should be possible, but you’ll have to be cautious not to fall for false memories, because those are common in a dream state.

thx mate :wink: Ill try it out and Ill tell you my results :smile:

I think it’d be possible.
I don’t know much about the subconscious, but if it doesn’t forget anything, then I suppose you’d be able to find memories your conscious mind had forgotten.

The only thing would be, like the poster before me said, is that you mind “remember” something that didn’t actually happen.

Personally though, I think you’d be able to tell the difference. If when you woke up and you’re a little apprehensive and like “oh yeah, I sorta remember a time where that could have happened!”, then it probably wasn’t a legitimate memory.
But if the memory in the dream totally clicks with you, and you DO remember it, and maybe you could ask a loved one that was around you when you were a child about it and ask “Hey do you remember when I did this as a child?”. You could probably determine if it were true.

Good luck!

thx guys you really helped me out, I`ll tell you if it works :wink:

I believe so…I’ve heard that we only use 10% of our brains, and that we technically remember everything, we just can’t recall it. But if you unlock your subconscious, I believe you can remember anything.

I think that drawing too much attention to your waking life can wake you up. I think that that is the reason why it is hard for me to remember things in dreams.

I think that would be cool, and I’ll try it. Maybe you could find out things about your very early childhood, like 1 or two years old! That would be cool…and if you can’t find things from that age, there is still preschool and elementary years to work with. I think it’s highly possible.