Trying to have Lucid Dreams like years ago. WILD question

Hi there,

I used to Lucid Dream without even knowing what LD’s were, they just happened regularly. Slowly over the past two or three years, they just went away and never returned.

I have been doing RC’s throughout each day (occasionally they have cropped up in dreams making me Lucid, but so far, I haven’t been able to stay in the dream very long compared to when I LD’ed before.

Last night I tried the WILD technique, and had a bizzare experience, I have tried this a couple of times before, and each time put me into sleep paralysis (Sleep paralysis used to happen to be regularly also - but not for a while).

This time, it seemed different. I tried WILD last night around 4am after waking up, and on my way back to sleep in my head going ‘‘1 I’m dreaming, 2 I’m dreaming’’ etc, I found myself hearing slight talking, and my body felt like it was rising, almost like being pulled upwards, stretching my body to the limits. A sense of fear was also there. I opened my eyes to find my body unable to move or talk. But usually if this was sleep paralysis, when I can suddenly move - I am awake. This time, when I could move (I thought I was awake) but I went to the next room and had a conversation with a family member, only to awaken again to find out this did not happen.

Is any of this normal learning WILD?

Any advice would be great :smile:

Those things you experienced are normal. They are HH when entering or exiting SP. They are also good to enter SP because if your in SP then lucid dream isn’t that far away!

Are those LD that you have now different from LD that you had before?!

Well thats good to hear, maybe I am getting close. Looks like I need to keep focus and fight past those feelings.

When I have an LD (Very occasionally now) they are not as vivid, and usually don’t last nearly as long as they used too.

When I used to LD regularly, without using any techniques, I just thought it was normal. Very vivid, thought they were great fun.

Do not fight those feelings!!! Embrace them, because knowing yourself in SP state will help you a lot. Not knowing what is happening and what will happened will keep you from success!

Remember that SP state is just a bridge toward lucid dreams and you need to pass it in order to have lucid dream, now it’s only the difference is in consciousness because you are doing it now consciously but you didn’t before!

Embrace it!

After you get through that floating experience, your dream will start to take form.

Just keep yourself aware of all of this and let your dream body flow. Don’t force it while the dream is forming, because it might be very weak. It might be dark, wait a bit and it will be more and more vivid. Just be patient and when you can see your dream formed, it’s up to you.

When you get to the floating part then let yourself asleep, just let everything be and fall asleep. For some time now in WILD guides it’s add a tip which is logical but not quite understanding for some reason. We struggle to get by this SP and we struggle to remain awareness but to dream at some point we need to fall asleep and my theory is that we need to do that when we start to feel floating and vibrations… Try that few times and post results!

Like Tggtt said:

I believe that you will lose awareness for some short time before the dream starts to take a form so by doing conscious decision that you will fall asleep you may quicken the process and maybe stay at higher level of awareness!

Thank you for the info! I will be trying this again over the next few nights and will post how it goes :smile:

One problem I usually find, background noises (if someone is awake etc in another room) etc, I find it hard to relax and concentrate doing WILD. Is it okay to play relaxation type music while doing this?

You can do it if the music really helps you do sleep, you can also use bineural beats (some people say it’s better than music) and other type of things that make constant noises, like a fan.

dB_FTS: I don’t believe that loosing awareness is needed. In fact, for me, a real WILD is done completely by without losing awareness, when I managed to achieve what I call real WILDs, the dream was completely dark and took several seconds to form after the floating experience, and it got clearer, brighter, until blurriness got away. It’s very nice when you do it completely.

Maybe not but you do lose awareness definitely when’s transition happening from waking state into dream state. You have to fall asleep to dream right, to enter REM sleep?! I’m not saying that you need to fall asleep and after I don’t know half an hour find yourself in a dream, that transition last’s only a second or two and in those seconds you are like unaware and next second you’re in a lucid dream.

I was saying that you can let yourself to fall asleep in the right moment just to make transition quicker. Why I’m telling this? Because there were many dreamers that maintain awareness in SP for very long time and after that they are just more awake and nothing happens, because they didn’t made transition they kept awareness too long and they broke SP, that’s why I’m saying that you can/need fall asleep intentionally in order to make needed transition!

But we can debate about that for some time :grin: , I’m just saying from my own experience of course because I had the similar problems!

WILD i think is almost the same like astral projection OOBE. All steps what to do same as astral. Seperation must be trigered on halutinations with sounds. And hardest part must be no fear…