Why did I do this thing last morning?

This is pretty fascinating, and a little weird.
When I woke up this morning I for some reason opened Text Messages and sent this message to myself:

P:20

When I woke up a little later I noticed this in my inbox and I can’t understand why I would do this.
The best explanation I have is that I was trying to set an alarm at 7:20, but why on Earth would I go into Text Messages and actually send it to myself?
Could I really have been so groggy that I believed this was how I set a new alarm time?
Because I’ve never done this before, not even in the mornings when I’ve felt super-tired.

I understand how you feel , happens sometimes to me (not as fascinating as you , you sent a text message to yourself! :O) but, sometimes when my alarm goes off , i’m still half in the dream, and i turn the alarm off for a dream reason…
i.e: The dragon must stay asleep! I’m in trouble if he hear this alarm :sad:

And of course when i wake up later i’m wondering why i stopped the alarm…

YES, you’ve answered your own question, Laurelindo!

In a way, you are lucky you didn’t send to someone else than you!

I’ve done something similar more than once: I’ve set my alarm off thinking I was already awake, however, I slept instantly after that and got really late.

Sometimes when you have just woken up, you are still very confused and do things that don’t make sense. Some have this more than others.

I even wake up sometimes seeing a wasp in my room, while not even thinking it’s kinda odd to have one suddenly in my room. Then about 10 seconds later I slowly begin to realise it is a hallucination and I understand there was no wasp at all.

When I was younger I even talked to friends who appeared in my room. But they weren’t really there either.

But in your case though, I think you were totally confused and just thought you were doing the right thing.

Alarm clocks can be really hard to understand when you wake up, phones probably even more. Sometimes I end up pulling every single plug from the sockets, because I’m clueless on how to end the annoying sound. :tongue:

I’ve forgotten how to turn of my alarm clock a few time myself. :razz:

Things like this happen to me the second i wake up as i don’t really understand whats going on. For instance one time my dad was waking me up for school but i was still REALLY tired and still basically asleep and i make up completely nonsense explanations for what happened. I would be thinking that i needed to turn on a lightbulb or what not before being able to get out of bed.

When my mom wakes me up in the morning and instantly asks me something, like “what do you want on your toast”, I sometimes reply total nonsense like “please let it stay over there” or “come on, stop throwing that book”. However, when I’m fully awake a little later, I often still know that I said those things, like I was fully awake.
Also, alarm clocks sometimes don’t work for me at all. I set them up in the evening and wake up late in the morning with the clock turned off. I can’t remember turning it off then.

Strange.