off to a solid start...trouble advancing

i got into LDing a little less than a year ago, had 1 or 2, and sorta forgot about it because of the difficulty. now im really getting back in the swing of things and had like 3 in a week and a half, and have NDs like 6 days a week very consistently.

the problem is that my LDs always seem to lack control and length. i look at my hands, do my best to ground myself, tell myself im dreaming and am in control, then it fades away lol. last night i spent the majority of it flying around with no problem, landed on a rooftop and told the dream “increase lucidity x1000”, got a bright flash of vividness, then it faded away completely.

i feel like im following the tips and tricks but theres something else that i need to be doing. maybe im not confident enough? thanks for the advice :smile:

It’s a very good progress indeed. Maybe you should just take some time to adjust to dreams and take things slowly. Maybe you are not doing anything wrong, maybe you just need time. I’m saying that because you are doing great and you have pretty frequent lucid dreams. All you need is control over dreams and stability. So give it time, don’t rush things! Good luck!

very true. this takes so much patience lol, i figured with a couple weeks id be good to go. here i am a year later still struggling! the NDs just come so naturally, i gotta turn the N into an L :razz: