Lucid Living Topic - part II

WASD: I think remembering your day is a big part as well. For me at least, I usually just appear at a certain location when the dream starts with no memory or thought about how I got there. Some of my DILD’s have actually come from trying to figure out why I am where I am. The chance of this happening goes up dramatically as I do that throughout my day in WL.

Yes that’s a good idea as well. I think I’ve had some DILD’s too from thinking about how I got to where I am. Asking where you were before could be used as an RC. Just as thinking about your environment. Perhaps LL is actually making RCs all day.

I’ve got days that I live lucid. Others I try, but get distracted. However, I’m working on it. I do RC’s a lot, think back to what I was doing/saying/thinking, ask myself “Am I dreaming?” or “Is anything here odd?” I hope to master LL :smile:

Lucid Living has worked for me. I’m trying it again, but it’s hard to remember to do it. :sad:

How important is it to pay attention to all possible senses as often as possible?

I’m wondering this because my LL practice sometimes consists of persistently imagining what I might have found behind mountains, inside houses etc if my surroundings were a dream instead of waking reality, and this is actually quite meditative and makes everything feel more “dream-like”, and it also makes me feel much more aware than normal - shouldn’t this be enough to count as good quality LL, at least while you’re still fairly new to this technique, at least in the beginning?

I find it much easier to remember more than fragments after awakening and actually remember most if not all of the dream with constant lucid living. It is difficult to maintain tho. I imagine one of those zen like monks and their lifestyle… but, there maybe other forms of LL… like, questioning reality for various reasons (having waking hallucinations or believing your in the matrix). I find it hard to maintain lucidity while doing things like playing video games or watching tv. its something about imagining being the character in the story and zoning out of lucidness. tho, I imagine this would be different for people, depending on their level of lucidity.

So, I’ve been trying LL lately (effort going up and down :razz:) but I think my main problem is that I find it a lot harder to remember to practice (and practice itelf) when I’m on the computer, reading, or watching tv since I get too easily too immersed. Reading, for example, is one of the hardest as it’s tricky to be aware of my surroundings and understand and imagine what I’m reading at the same time… it’s like you need to be inside your head and outside at the same time! Anyone have any tips? Or just don’t worry about LL while I’m doing these things?

So that’s the meaning?

Spending around 15 or so hours a day trying to stay aware every second. Interesting… but I wouldn’t do it. :meh:

Really? Why not?

It can be difficult at first, but if you keep it up it becomes easier. And you don’t have to think of it as “aware” of everything (though that is called All Day Awareness and does help quite a bit), just more aware that at any moment you could be dreaming.

Because RL keeps me too preoccupied to spend my time in this manner. :cry:
It’s ok though since I have other techs like MILD, WILD and DILD to fall back on. :content:

But can’t you be aware you might be dreaming as you do all your other important tasks :razz:? Well, in any case other techs can work as well, and what I’m talking about might need to be one of those things you discover for yourself as you have more LD’s. Heck, I haven’t even fully figured it out :tongue:

More like “being inside your body” kind of thing :smile:. i.e. cultivating a sense is bodily presence…whole body presence…while in the midst of daily activities. I like to add a little twist to that as well by telling myself, while cultivating this whole body presence in the midst of daily life, that “this is a dream”. I say “this is a dream” and then kind of let the implications of that “sink in”…to the point that it actually subtly shifts the quality of that awareness in a way that makes my perception of daily life more dream like…more intense and more ephemeral all at the same time

I’ve actually been able to get into that state a few times. I guess I just need to remind myself more often and put in a little extra effort :shy:

Moi, aussi :smile:

Oh so lucid living is the name of my goal…and the 15 hour thing sounds like a fun challeng that’ll keep me from sleeping in school since headphones are restricted :music: ^^

Now, this has become my method of choice :happy:
what better tool to induce lucidity than to shape your mind to recognize it naturally? i believe it’s better than relying on a technique.

On the plus side, i have a slight short-term memory loss from my prescriptions, and this has actually proven to be a good memory exercise at times :smile: especially when i combine this with a little prospective memory exercises. Good healthy side effect :smile:

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but I think there is an important aspect to lucid living which involves the same sort of response one can have when becoming lucid. When one becomes lucid he or she realizes the immense possibilities he or she has at their disposal. Sometimes it takes time to figure out what you want to do in a lucid dream; it takes a creative mind and clear communication with yourself to find out what you want to do in reality.

I believe this can be applied to waking life: irrational fears, insecurities, limiting self-perceptions, self-defeating thoughts/emotions, etc. are woken up from and seen for the illusions that they are…and at that point awareness of one’s potential expands, opening up a world of possibilities.

I think the heightened awareness of lucid living can be focused purposefully, and that purpose can be to liberate our self and others from the conditions of limitation and mediocrity. I assume we all feel deep down that we were born to live an amazing and great life; I think lucid living can nourish that feeling and expand it into reality…with patience, persistence, and choice.

Lucid Living becomes easier after some practice, to the point that you eventually don’t even think about doing it; it becomes a natural lifestyle.

another interesting read !