WILD REM Skip

Well the simplest way to explain what happened is that as I was WILDing I suddenly became aware that I had fallen asleep and somehow woken up again. After fighting the urge to give up (took about five to ten minutes), I rolled over and looked at my clock. I began WILDing at about 9:40 PM last night. When I rolled over I discovered it to be 10:57 PM. And to top it off I had zero recall of anything that may have happened in that REM period.

I’m not sure what to call this other than annoying. If anyone could please give me some insight. Maybe I was close? :wink:

Oh, i tought i was the only one having those kind of effects while working on WILD.
What are you doing while WILDing ,counting ? visual? or something else?
I usually clear my mind and try to think about nothing.

Well, what I do and have done the past five or six nights is start by relaxing my muscles.

I do this by moving them erratically and by stretching. This usually calms them down enough for me to stay still.

Then I take a few deep breaths. Inhale, hold, hold, hold as long as I can, exhale. I do that about twice.

Lastly, and until I give up because my body won’t let me keep going (currently working that kink out of my system) I count. One, I’m dreaming, two, I’m dreaming, three, I’m dreaming all the way up to ten in which I overflow back to one.

I think I’ve decided to try different mantras instead of I’m dreaming such as “I will remember my dreams” given my recall the past two days has been crap.

And I’m back at my question above. What pretty much happened was I suddenly realized I had fallen asleep and somehow awoken again. After fighting the urge to quit (and, I admit it, curiosity to see if it had been ninety minutes or approximate) I rolled over and checked the clock. Sure enough, about a cycle had past and I had drifted off without noticed only to immediately awaken at the end.

Weird, huh?

I’m not sure if this is what your talking about but a lot of the time when I wake up in the night I have the same thing, It will say 2:00 then 5:30 and then T:84… Point is you could of had a LD and when you looked at clock it was different time.

Mabey you fell asleep to…

… More ideas keep on coming into my head haha ummm also you could of fallen into stage 1 NREM, which isn’t deep sleep, but dreamless, so you might of fallen of fallen into sleep that had nothing happen… if that makes sense. I know what you mean by this, I’ve had it happen a lot to me were I don’t feel like I just dosed off but it was actually a hour or more.

Last but not least :tongue: try WILDing in the morning, at night your REM is VERY short and really tough to catch, you probably weren’t in it when you tried the WILD, which is why you might of just fallen into regular sleep without dreams so you feel felt like nothing had happened.

I know the topics practically dead, but I have to say,… GnarGnar. Have you ever rolled over and seen a clock that said T:84, because if you have that’s seriously awesome. I wanna see freaked out smilies too! :tongue: Oh, wait… :happy:

Well, I haven’t used the tech in quite a while, but I feel the responsibility to clarify my previous self. Gnar, what you say about dosing off and waking back up is pretty accurate to what was happening. I’d just suddenly realize I haven’t thought for quite a while and I’d get up and check the clock to see that about 90 minutes had passed since I laid down to sleep.

Sometimes when I’m doing WILD this happens to and my opinion on this is that when we are doing WILD we are too much mentally awake and even though we drift off and fall asleep we are waking up in some short periods and we are “killing” REM sleep, we want to stay aware so much that we are actually waking up unconsciously…

At least that’s my impression of the situation…

Sounds like you’ve been in NREM 1 (or maybe slipped into deeper stages of NREM as well). If you don’t recall any dreams and you are sure that you didin’t have any it was NREM sleep. You say that you woke up after an hour or so without remembering anything, so I would think that NREM fits into your description. Now if you want to determine which NREM’s you’ve been through, you can apply this rule of thumb:

If you feel like you haven’t been asleep, just merely relaxed, yet you somehow “lost and forgot” a period of time (around 1 hour in your case), it was NREM 1. If you feel that you have been asleep and that you “lost and forgot” the period of time because you were asleep then it was deeper stages of NREM.

Might not be 100% accurate, but it should work.

How do you guys keep tracks of when is your next REM cycle in order to WILD properly?

I have heard that there is some application for cell phone wich can help but i’d feel more confortable to rely on me instead of on my phone.

I heard that when you wake up from a dream, you are still in REM. Or do I have to stay awake a bit in order to wait for the next cycle.

I heard that when you wake up from a dream, you are still in REM. Or do I have to stay awake a bit in order to wait for the next cycle.

I am wondering the same thing