Did your friends and family know that you are doing LD?

Yeah, my little brother is… kind of into this I think, he’s mentioned his attempts a few times but I’m not sure that he’s actually motivated enough.

I’ve also mentioned this to my mother a few times, because she’s told me that she sporadically starts thinking “I’ve had this dream before!” in her dreams, but she doesn’t seem to know the full potential of this.
I’ve told her to try manipulating those dreams if she ever gets them again. :tongue:

I tell almost everyone i know! Spreading the word! :razz:

Only my brother and my mother.

I told my family but they were not interested. My friends are although. I think it depends on who you talk to. If someone has a busy life, they’re generally not interested n dreams because they don’t have time to think about it, like my family. :clock:

I told my parents about lucid dreaming once, but much to my chagrin, they were like “meh, okay, cool” and did not pay much attention to it. I kinda died a little inside that day.

My sister, one of her friends, my best friend and two of my classmates in college know that I like to (lucid) dream. My sister likes to hear my dreams from time to time, but she isn’t interested in trying to become lucid herself.

Her friend, on the other hand, is VERY interested in this kind of stuff. I just mentioned it in one of our group conversations and immediately she was asking me all sorts of questions about lucid dreaming (like how it feels, what are the techniques, etc.) and was telling me about almost every single dream she could remember XDD;

Then there’s my best friend. Actually, I bet the thing that brought us so close together was dreaming, that and SG’s. Apparently she’s had a SG ever since she could remember, and when I mentioned them to her and how we can meet them in our dreams, we immediately connected C:

Finally my two classmates from college. They don’t know much about my lucid dream fetish, but they do know that I keep a dream journal and seem genuinely interested.

Hehehhe after I woke from my first lucid dream (and only so far D:<) I ran downstairs and told my mom and sister. Mom was pretty interested and my sister was like meh.

When I started practising LDing, I’d talk about it with a select few close friends.

Then I joined the forum and thought ‘well, this is nice.’ So I started telling everyone and their limping dog about lucid dreaming and the forum. (When a few waking life friends joined the forum, I moved the more private bits of my dreaming journal to Sealife, which at the time had a huge community overlap with LD4all.)

My friends’ reactions spanned from the ‘grin, head-shake, “you’re weird”’ routine to actual enthusiasm, to complete disbelief that lucid dreaming exists and/or is humanely attainable more or less ‘at will.’ Later I also developed a close friendship with many forum members, which I suppose counts as a technical ‘yes’ to the question of whether my friends know about my LDing.

My family at first got a bit worried that 1. I was way too obsessed about the forum and 2. the whole dreaming thing seemed kind of cultish. Mother eventually started to grow fond of a few people from the forum (Wolf, Moogle, Q, Siw, DarkSider), enough to ask every once in a while how they were doing. As I duly reported most of my dreaming to her during breakfast, the taboo eventually gave way for a wary acceptance that if I were spending way too much time online, at least it was doing me good.

Ugh, I hate when people do that.
I’ve tried to get people into lucid dreaming several times, but their reaction is always like “ah okay, kickass - and now I’m gonna change the subject! :woo:”.
It’s very annoying, because I know they would love lucid dreaming if they actually got into it, but they refuse to be interested.

It’s also a bit risky to mention this stuff, since it does seem to share many similarities with hallucinogenic drugs, so people might even think you’re high or something.

Two things you should be aware of:
-no need to mind of opinions of others,…take em and let em go(especially cause like half of world populace is non-lucid-liking)
-u WILL master LDs with time, I don’t know when and I feel sorry for you, BUT I’M sure you can do it

Yes they do know. As a matter of fact, I have a friend who’s been writing in his dream journal for almost half a year now and he still hasn’t had a single lucid dream yet. :neutral:

I have told my family, my mum was very interested and we talked for a good half hour on the phone about it. but my dad and the rest of my family dont seem very interested at all, in fact they just make me feel stupid for even mentioning it!! the same with most of my mates, however I do have one who seems to enjoy our conversations and even talks about his own dreams with me too!

It’s called jealousy, mate. haha :cool:

Well i did talk about this to my mom. She was sincerely interested about the whole thing, but after a few minutes talking to her she fell asleep… :neutral:

Some of my friends just kind of look at me like “What the heck” but I’ve got one of my friends interested. Also someone who I mentioned it to said that he could do that all the time without effort and I was pretty amazed.

She must’ve been a bit too keen to achieve a DILD. lol

I’ve mentioned it to my dad, my brother and a few friends. Some seem kind of interested, others not at all.

The other day I got in to a conversation with a friend from work about dreams. I asked him if he knew anything about lucid dreaming and he did. He actually have them all the time without putting any effort in to it.

My family not at all they wouldn’t care at all 1 friend seems kinda interested others just kinda pretend they didn’t hear me

I tell a lot of people…My dad is BEAST a LDing, which came to a suprise to me. He never brought it up, but when I did he went crazy with stories. Makes you wonder, the closest people to you still has secrets! :wink:

I remember a thread just like this about five years back that I responded to but I can’t find it… :bored:

yep, sometimes they ask me, “hows your Lucid Dreaming thing going?” or asking me have i done a LD. Btw, i told them about LD and MILD, journals and staff like that.