Instruments, instrumentals, inciting!

I’ve been really enjoying the Korg iElectribe synth app on my wife’s iPad recently. Some of the sounds are just deliciously bizarre, when you manipulate the effects dials just right within the flux of the beats, riffs and chops. :happy:

Holy crap, Koco. That trio is amazing. Very beautifully done. Sorry I haven’t been around here much. Here is something I know Wyvern likes to keep you all company. HERE :happy:

LOL…found it! The creme de la creme of synthesizer apps :woo: pause for effect

My friends, I present prestidigitous hand flourish the Korg iMS-20 analog synthesizer app for the iPad…a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 analog synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, a mixer, and even Korg’s Kaoss Pad technology all right there waiting behind the exquisitely smooth glass of the iPad’s touch screen. I cannot express all the myriad ways in which this piece of technology rocks…but it does, mes amis. And you don’t have to be a musical genius to enjoy the voluminous depth of what this living, breathing creature has to offer…literally an infinity of electro bliss :tongue: Highly recommended for any Pad-heads out there who like music-making apps

So, as for the invisible piano thing that doesn’t exist anymore, here is how to explain how it was “invisible”. I introduce to you all, the Dancing, Talking, Yamaha Piano. :happy:

SPOILER - Click to view

His invisible one wasn’t programmed, though, just recorded.

Not really because of the instruments or the music, but more for the pretty cool visualisation of the score :smile:
youtube.com/watch?v=RctgRPkAOkA

XD That visualisation is EPIC. I wish they would do that in more classical videos. We need more musics!

FiXato’s link reminds me of Audiosurf :tongue:.
In any case, out of all the instruments out there, I find certain fondness in string instruments, more specifically the violin. To a lesser extent, the guitar as well. I developed this particular fondness when I first listened to Michal Jelonek - BaRock. I started to listen to more music in general at that point. Michal Jelonek is still one of my favorite composers to this day.

Man Mad with a Box featuring plenty of violins

XD Nice. Violin has always been one of those instruments I loved so much I wanted to learn, but never got a chance. :sad: But that’s just sexy. Silly Dr Who fan

I’ve been playing guitar now for almost 2+1/2 years, and I can say with confidence that its something I’d like to do for the rest of my life, but technology will always be my dream career. I’m good enough at playing, I can draw crowds of pedestrians when I practice at the local guitar center, that’s always fun :grin:

At any rate, check this guy out, he makes some pretty crazy instrumentals all surrounding the guitar, he’s a legend IMO :content:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3_nAzNwyBo

Heh, pretty neat :smile: I can recognise quite some metal band influences in that :smile:

While I don’t think the end result is very good, I do think Tubular Bells by the Brooklyn Organ Synth Orchestra is a pretty interesting video as it shows quite a lot of vintage keyboards and other curious instruments: "Filmed and Directed by Amy Hobby. Edited by Tony Zajkowski. Over 20 different NYC female keyboardists playing vintage keyboards at Joe McGinty’s Carousel… "

So many posts and links here, I’ll check them out later when I’m with better internet :tongue:

I loooove different/bizarre/unusual instruments! and instrumental music as well.

I’ve been playing guitar for over 10 years now, and have composed some simple songs (all in my garden :grin: ) but I haven’t played much in a while now and I’m low on inspiration…

I’ll just leave this link. :smile:

EDIT: Probably my favourite instrument.

EDIT2: just realized the exact same video posted in my first edit is on the first page facepalm

Oh man. I just fell in love with the Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint Marc chior. And this song they sing called Vois Sur Ton Chemin. It’s very beautifully done, and I just watched their whole concert…

Very nice voices Eilatan :smile:

I’ll counter with a Lord of the Rings violin medley

Oh gods Fix! That was so sexy that I just had to watch the Zelda Medley. Omg when she did Ride of the Rohirrim into Uruk hai at like 1:11. O_O

Right, my muscles are a bit sore from the repetitive clicking, but all the videos mentioned in this topic are now listed in the YouTube Playlist LD4All Instruments, Instrumentals, Inciting!

Have fun :smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqEGrK04d0A I could have posted an album version of the song, but I think Jelonek’s songs sound way better during live performances. There was a very good live performance video of Akka, but it got taken down a while ago :sad:
youtube.com/watch?v=25svy2PEPuk this is the second best video I could find.

I just discovered a group called 2Cellos. As the name implies, the music is played by only two cellos :tongue: Here is a cover of Muse’s The Resistance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpIHBqi0Ns&feature=related and their more famous cover of Michael Jackson’s Smooth Criminal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6ksbwLnVQ&feature=related

Thanks so much for making that playlist, FiX! Great way to keep track of all the awesome music in this thread.

ThePianoGuys have a new video and it’s pretty great:
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_fkw5j-t0 Beethoven’s 5 Secrets - OneRepublic (Cello/Orchestral Cover)

EDIT:
Found these lovely gems on Jamendo by Roger Subirana Mata.
Youtube link: youtube.com/watch?v=U2klS-BAYiY Point of No Return
Download: jamendo.com/en/track/168834

youtube.com/watch?v=qneAhyVcHH8 Pyraminx
Download: jamendo.com/en/track/168833

Wow, that playlist is so helpful, thanks FiXato!
I like this rendition of Bloody Tears, from Castlevania. Sounds very nice, and actually quite different to the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MM_Q0nfaG0
Also, I checked out 2Cellos. Awesome. :tongue: