Instruments, instrumentals, inciting!

Holy crap, Koco. That trio is amazing. Very beautifully done. Sorry I haven’t been around here much. Here is something I know Wyvern likes to keep you all company. HERE :happy:

LOL…found it! The creme de la creme of synthesizer apps :woo: pause for effect

My friends, I present prestidigitous hand flourish the Korg iMS-20 analog synthesizer app for the iPad…a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 analog synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, a mixer, and even Korg’s Kaoss Pad technology all right there waiting behind the exquisitely smooth glass of the iPad’s touch screen. I cannot express all the myriad ways in which this piece of technology rocks…but it does, mes amis. And you don’t have to be a musical genius to enjoy the voluminous depth of what this living, breathing creature has to offer…literally an infinity of electro bliss :tongue: Highly recommended for any Pad-heads out there who like music-making apps

So, as for the invisible piano thing that doesn’t exist anymore, here is how to explain how it was “invisible”. I introduce to you all, the Dancing, Talking, Yamaha Piano. :happy:

SPOILER - Click to view

His invisible one wasn’t programmed, though, just recorded.

Not really because of the instruments or the music, but more for the pretty cool visualisation of the score :smile:
youtube.com/watch?v=RctgRPkAOkA

XD That visualisation is EPIC. I wish they would do that in more classical videos. We need more musics!

FiXato’s link reminds me of Audiosurf :tongue:.
In any case, out of all the instruments out there, I find certain fondness in string instruments, more specifically the violin. To a lesser extent, the guitar as well. I developed this particular fondness when I first listened to Michal Jelonek - BaRock. I started to listen to more music in general at that point. Michal Jelonek is still one of my favorite composers to this day.

Man Mad with a Box featuring plenty of violins

XD Nice. Violin has always been one of those instruments I loved so much I wanted to learn, but never got a chance. :sad: But that’s just sexy. Silly Dr Who fan

I’ve been playing guitar now for almost 2+1/2 years, and I can say with confidence that its something I’d like to do for the rest of my life, but technology will always be my dream career. I’m good enough at playing, I can draw crowds of pedestrians when I practice at the local guitar center, that’s always fun :grin:

At any rate, check this guy out, he makes some pretty crazy instrumentals all surrounding the guitar, he’s a legend IMO :content:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3_nAzNwyBo

Heh, pretty neat :smile: I can recognise quite some metal band influences in that :smile:

While I don’t think the end result is very good, I do think Tubular Bells by the Brooklyn Organ Synth Orchestra is a pretty interesting video as it shows quite a lot of vintage keyboards and other curious instruments: "Filmed and Directed by Amy Hobby. Edited by Tony Zajkowski. Over 20 different NYC female keyboardists playing vintage keyboards at Joe McGinty’s Carousel… "

So many posts and links here, I’ll check them out later when I’m with better internet :tongue:

I loooove different/bizarre/unusual instruments! and instrumental music as well.

I’ve been playing guitar for over 10 years now, and have composed some simple songs (all in my garden :grin: ) but I haven’t played much in a while now and I’m low on inspiration…

I’ll just leave this link. :smile:

EDIT: Probably my favourite instrument.

EDIT2: just realized the exact same video posted in my first edit is on the first page facepalm

Oh man. I just fell in love with the Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint Marc chior. And this song they sing called Vois Sur Ton Chemin. It’s very beautifully done, and I just watched their whole concert…

Very nice voices Eilatan :smile:

I’ll counter with a Lord of the Rings violin medley

Oh gods Fix! That was so sexy that I just had to watch the Zelda Medley. Omg when she did Ride of the Rohirrim into Uruk hai at like 1:11. O_O

Right, my muscles are a bit sore from the repetitive clicking, but all the videos mentioned in this topic are now listed in the YouTube Playlist LD4All Instruments, Instrumentals, Inciting!

Have fun :smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqEGrK04d0A I could have posted an album version of the song, but I think Jelonek’s songs sound way better during live performances. There was a very good live performance video of Akka, but it got taken down a while ago :sad:
youtube.com/watch?v=25svy2PEPuk this is the second best video I could find.

I just discovered a group called 2Cellos. As the name implies, the music is played by only two cellos :tongue: Here is a cover of Muse’s The Resistance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpIHBqi0Ns&feature=related and their more famous cover of Michael Jackson’s Smooth Criminal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6ksbwLnVQ&feature=related

Thanks so much for making that playlist, FiX! Great way to keep track of all the awesome music in this thread.

ThePianoGuys have a new video and it’s pretty great:
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_fkw5j-t0 Beethoven’s 5 Secrets - OneRepublic (Cello/Orchestral Cover)

EDIT:
Found these lovely gems on Jamendo by Roger Subirana Mata.
Youtube link: youtube.com/watch?v=U2klS-BAYiY Point of No Return
Download: jamendo.com/en/track/168834

youtube.com/watch?v=qneAhyVcHH8 Pyraminx
Download: jamendo.com/en/track/168833

Wow, that playlist is so helpful, thanks FiXato!
I like this rendition of Bloody Tears, from Castlevania. Sounds very nice, and actually quite different to the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MM_Q0nfaG0
Also, I checked out 2Cellos. Awesome. :tongue:

Omg Fix! That’s 121 vids with 7 hours duration. X_x Totally gonna use that for whenever I need to study. Is it going to be kept updated, because that would be awesome? I’ll pay you in cookies. /me gives Fix a cookie

Gonna put that link in my first post. :happy: