SKYWARD SWORD HYPETHREAD! :D

Isn’t there an adapter? Oh well, I wouldn’t know.

D: I hope its just a few weeks

Hurray!! We got Skyward Sword today! :happy:

Unfortunately, we don’t have the WiiMotion Plus, so we can’t play it until we get it which will be in a week or so. I think this is a good thing since exam week is coming up veeeeery soon.

:happy:
I have an extra X3

\o/ That’s great! Sucks to have it and not being able to play it, though. but better than nothing!

My Wii replacement comes on tuesday. I hope everything is ok this time so I’ll have wii sports resort to play until SS gets here, which shouldn’t be too long anyway!

If you think his is bad, I have had the special edition skyward sword sitting at home since november 27th… In australia.

I won’t be able to play it until I return home on the 9th of January. So I have been dodging most and any spoiler I can. >.<

Has anyone had trouble with the motion controls on SS? When I saw it played by a friend, he had to keep recalibrating the controller.

:happy:

I mean, I’m sure I already answered you, but nope. Maybe you’re just re-asking, so if you are just ignore this lol

I forgot I asked. XD

This game is so amazing, the gameplay and the controls are perfect.
I just beat the 3rd temple, fyi

I already beat the game trollface
No but indeed, it is pretty amazing isnt it?
If you haven’t played the other zelda games, I recommend that after you finish skyward, go to ocarina of time, then majoras mask.
It’ll make the story easier to follow. :tongue:

:razz:

soooooo… I finally got to play my SS :tongue: It’s great. I just finished what feels like the intro/tutorial.

Quick question, is it just me or is the “hold the sword up to charge” thing kinda hard? I mean, it seems like you have to hold it in this very very exact angle… (and it doesn’t feel like 100% vertical lol maybe I just need to recalibrate it… I’ll try that when I play again…)

Hmm… Actually doing it quickly doesnt work, You kind of have to hold it VERY uppish. By uppish I mean…
WAM! Alll the way up.
.[]
O|
|
/
Or maybe it’s an uncalibrated remote? Idk.
How do you like my little “art” :razz:

Fantastic game, took me 37 hours to beat it. Just can’t bring myself to play through it again though :meh:

hahaha, loved it :razz:

yeah, I realized today that yesterday I was moving it around trying to find a “hotspot” when I should just have left it still a bit. duh

My sister got her hands on a WiiMotion Plus today, so I was finally able to play it for the first time, and I have to say I was skeptic of the smoothness of the gameplay at first but it isn’t so bad once you get used to it :smile: I’m only at Faron Woods, but so far the game is progressing smoothly and overall it’s great :happy:

But Wind Waker is STILL my all-time favorite LoZ game :razz:

:happy: I’m having a hard time deciding whether WW, MM, or Skyward are the best.
Oh, something cool? SS, MM, WW Spells out my screen name :3

I beat the game a few weeks ago and it was AWESOME!!! :cool_laugh:DD

The story, graphics and gameplay were amazing! But I do have to admit that I had some trouble with the controls from time to time (especially with the nunchuck), and that I feel as though the ending was “missing” something; I’m not quite sure how to explain it, it was like there was no big surprise at the ending or anything really revealing about the story, because what was revealed was already known by most Zelda fans.

But overall I have to say it was one of my favorite Zelda games, right below Wind Waker (because I believe it’s ending was the strongest) and right above Twilight Princess (because TP, believe it or not, is too realistic for me which scares me which makes it so that I can’t really play without being scared shitless (I know, I’m a wimp, so sue me :razz:) but that doesn’t stop me from playing it, plus, I LOVE Zant hihihi :3)

Overall, here is my list of the LoZ games that I like best, from favorite to least favorite (only containing the games I’ve played):

1.Wind Waker
2.Skyward Sword
3.Twilight Princess
4.Minish Cap
5.Phantom Hourglass
6.Ocarina of Time
7.Majora’s Mask

If you’re wondering why OoT and MM are so low in my list, that’s because I didn’t grow up with them and when I played them, the graphics were a little old and, truth be told, I never finished OoT because I was too scared to even enter the Shadow Temple and the 3 day time-limit in MM was too complicated/stressing/boring for me, even when I was aware that I could rewind time; I just really don’t like time-limited games, they stress me too much and frankly, I don’t need the extra stress :meh: But although I disliked the gameplay of both games, I did read their entire comic adaptations and loved their plots, especially that of MM :smile:

I also finished it a few weeks ago, forgot to post. :razz: Loved it! The gameplay was just fantastic, I thought.

I played OoT last year only :lol: and yeah, the graphics are old, which isn’t a problem, but it did make the playthrough longer than what it could be, I think. Still a great game and was my first zelda :tongue: The whole time thing in MM also kinda makes me feel anxious lol I HATE games with time that stress me. I bought Mario Galaxy 2, which is great too, but there are lots of speedruns and kill-X-enemies-in-Y-minutes kinda things that just frustrate me so much.

I’ll probably get Twilight Princess, I hope it won’t be a disapointment after SS :grin: And I’m very curios abour Wind Waker too, I’ll probably look into it since gamecube games work on the wii. Need a gamecube control first, though…

Anyway, Hero Mode! I’m at the third temple already :content:

Mattias, from what I heard, TP is actually really lame compared to SS. I mean, I love it, it was the first Zelda game I played and all that, but I heard that it feels like it’s a “recycled story”. Personally I think it’s cute and cool. :happy: Wind Waker is… a lot of boating around. I never actually finished it. Oot on 3ds actually eliminates the “slowness” to it. I mean yes, you gotta wait on the fields for day to be night, but as soon as you get the suns song you can roll around and do everything pretty much faster than you use to be able to.

Also, I just started playing SS but zomg. Did anyone else noticed that they have a toilet and bath? XD

hahaha, yeah! :razz:

I’ll probably still try TP out at some point. I won’t expect anything to be like SS, so no problem…

I beat it quite a while ago now (within a week of its release) but it is honestly either my favourite or second favourite Zelda game.

So much… amazingness!

And I didn’t have any problems with the controls until the last hour of the game when I beat it. Literally no problems at all until then (because I had to go to my mothers on the last day, so it was a different setup)

If I had to rank the games, I’d have to say

1. Skyward Sword/OOT
  2. Link’s Awakening
  3. A Link to the Past
  4. Twilight Princess
  5. Four Swords Adventures
  6. Oracles
  7. Phantom Hourglass
  8. Minish Cap
  9. Four Swords

(I haven’t played Zelda 1, 2, Majora’s Mask, Wind Waker, or Spirit Tracks) (Probably why PH is so low)

OOT would have probably been lower if I didn’t just beat the 3D version. I really think the improvements were great. Water Temple actually was strangely my favourite dungeon with the changes :bored:

Skyward Sword though is definitely one of the more innovative and beautiful games. People don’t realize just HOW innovative it was until they play other Zelda games after.

If dowsing was improved a bit and there was more to the sky realm place, it would probably top OOT in my opinion.

EDIT: Whew, what a lot of words.