Can a dream effect you so much that u cant LD?

One night a couple of months ago I had a dream where someone I really care about was killed…
Before she was killed I had felt a lot of hate tword this person…but that changed near the end. When I found out that she was killed my dream changed and I was next to her body crying…the grief was so much that I actually started to tear up outside of the dream. All throughout the dream I had been LDing and no matter how hard I tried I couldnt changed this. It got so bad that when my step-dad woke me up I layed my head back down and jumped back into the dream…but no matter how hard I tried I couldnt change it. So back to my question…can a dream effect you so much emotionally that you stop LDing?

If it causes you stress than yet that can stop it. Also if you mentally resist against of dreaming then yeah.

Your probably in the clear.

Well, here’s the thing. You said you went back to try to change the dream but couldn’t no matter how hard you tried. That implies that you were aware you were dreaming enough to try to change it. You were lucid. However, you had almost no control. Remember, lucidity is about awareness and not controll.

Now, actually struggling directly against a dream doesn’t always work, especially whenever you’re emotionally invested. And you can also easily lose lucidity if you get too involved. Just remember, if you’re aware you’re lucid. If you’re lucid you can find ways to change things, you just might need to get a little more creative than simple willpower.

Thanks that helps a lot