Imagine the Feeling

This sounds like a really good idea Wyvern!

I’ve decided to start practicing that moment of realization ‘the Aha! moment’ in waking life, see if I get more LD’s.

actually i had my first LD by the described by Wyvern,now i use it with WBTB and had 4 LDs in 4days :happy:

I gotta say this struck a familiar cord in me. I haven had a controlled LD yet , just a brief 1 second “AHA IM DRE-” wake up. But as i study “mantras” I feel silly because when i say the words over and over the phrase becomes a meaningless scramble of phonectics.

When i do what u suggest like “imagine the feeling” not “say word” i get an emotional tatoo that just kinda hangs out in my mind. will let you know if i LD

I will try this today!!

Just wanted to chime in and say that I have tried most of the techniques on here and none of them gave me an ld, except imagining the feeling. Sometimes I’ll just imagine myself doing something and realizing im dreaming, I didn’t do it that often but it is what caused me to have my first long lucid dream, it took 4 months or so but I finaly got my wish and what made it awsome was that I got it without trying to have one and on christmas morning, i was pretty ecstatic great christmas present. In the dream I looked at a light switch and told myself when i turn it on the light is going to be green, I flipped the switch and the light wasn’t green but definaltely wasn’t it’s normal color I didn’t even reality check i instantly knew i was dreaming, it last for about 30 minutes rl time and while i wasn’t able to fly i did quite a few really cool things.

Hey Wyvern, just wondering, you do this at the time you first go to sleep at night? or after 5-6 hours?

strangely for some reason the third eye chakra technique works for me almost 100% of the time. but sometimes I wish I could just have them at will just my imagining it. how exactly do you imagine it? I mean, do you imagine yourself realizing you are dreaming, like the same scene over and over again? or do you imagine yourself realizing you are dreaming one time and then you just visualize everything you would do afterwards.

Greetings All, very interesting topic! I was regrouping just now by consolidating what I’d read so far, as I’d got a bit muddled and felt I’d read too much and had ‘lost track’ of my direction in achieving my first LD, and found this one :content: . I have yet to have a lucid dream, started reading the forums 6 days ago, I know it’s possible and am sure it’s within my reach.

This method sounds perfect and I will try it tonight, I was reading the posts and as I read I found myself imagining getting lucid, the setting, the feeling and the sound (i was listening to some music by Yanni at the time). The feeling was strong and took time to ‘note’ it, and will try and recall it when I go to bed.

I thought I would raise the question of music. How does it play in LDing? Would accompanying the visualisation and emotions of a scene with a fitting sound track (i assume one that you really like and know very well would be best) raise the experience and indeed likelihood of becoming and staying lucid?

Again, great posts, I feel they will play a huge roll in achieving lucidity :cool: .

Whenever I want to spark that feeling of excitement in myself again, I remember how lucid dreams can feel just like real life and picture myself walking up to this cute girl and just kiss her and cuddle with her. :content:

Heh, as I don’t have that first LD experience, I am using my LD goal as the emotion enducing picture. The realisation, collecting my emotions, fly straight up observe the city, back down, walk round a corner to the car I know is there that I have wanted to drive for ages :cool: .
Is that a bit ambitious? Or is the confidence that it will happen the big thing (it is as I understand this and other techniques :neutral: .

LD’s can be somewhat tricky in the beginning, and like everything else they require practice.
Your first and most important goal is to learn to stay in the dream and control your emotions - you can do that by for example just observing things around you, touching things and using your senses.
The second part is to learn to trust in your abilities - LD’s can be extremely realistic so it can be hard to trust your full potential since it feels so much like real life in many ways.
But after you have overcome these things you can certainly strive for pretty much anything you want. :cool:

Think of it like this - the dream looks and feels very, very similar to waking reality, and you can walk around and look at stuff just like in real life - the only thing that really differs from reality is that everything feels much more alien and unexplored than normal.
Imagine what an amazing rush you would get when you stopped and fully realized that everything is in fact a dream.
You can imagine that type of feeling to some degree even without personal LD experience, it’s basically a super-vivid dream where you are mentally aware and awake, and where everything feels extremely realistic.

Sounds good. I will deffinately will make emotional control my number 1 priority. Is it advisable to go with the flow of the dream whilst staying aware? Or once the the lucidity is there and my emotions are in check, go have fun but maybe within bounds of what you would physically be able to do IWL, at least until confidence grows and I have experience of influencing my dream.

Thanks for you input :content: .

You could try out a few things if you feel that you are in control, but you should always make sure that your dream and your emotions are stable before doing anything else.
Most people do this by stimulating their senses (rubbing your hands together and spinning around are very popular ways to do this).
It’s also advised that you do regular RC’s during the dream, because this will help you remain focused and aware of your lucidity.
If you forget to stabilize the dream in the beginning then you can get a feeling that’s almost a bit like “falling asleep in the dream”, as I like to put it - you may feel that you lose your grasp of the dream and start fighting to stay in it, and then wake up.

Basically, try to simply explore what has already been given to you in your first lucid dreams, this way you will become more familiar with their nature.
Also don’t be surprised if you cannot do certain things right away, it takes some practice to get full control of your dreams.
You could for example try to push your finger through a wall but get the exactly same resistance as in waking life, and this is because your brain expects that resistance and simulates it in that dream.

Great stuff, cheers :smile:.
My personal preference for learning new skills is to break things down to their simplest forms, really grab hold of the basics, and expand upon them. What I’m getting from all the posts I’ve read is:
Make and familiarise with your DJ.
To be questioning. Make it your nature to ask yourself ‘am I dreaming, how did I get here, is anything out of place, is this possible?’
To be confident. Not to WILL LDs to happen but to EXPECT them, but not be frustrated by ‘wasted’ nights as long as your doing all you can to understand what did or didn’t happen.
Visualize and grow the emotion of the feeling of becoming lucid and realising your dreaming and to cunjure it whenever you can, maybe twice or 3 times a day or so.
Once lucid to savour the moment, to take it in and be calm, after all you know it won’t be the last, by savouring the dream and not rushing to cram goals in turn will give you that time.
When developing control, don’t force or get irritated by things not happening, let things happen because they can and you want them to, and let go of any rules or boundaries as set by nature, as there are none, only the imagination of the dreamer.
Learn! Make notes on what you did or didn’t do and the effects of these decisions.

That sums up my strategy really, where as before I was trying all kinds of techniques including verbal cues to SC (‘become lucid when I dream’ was one I’d settled on), but had no plan as such. This topic has really helped click everything into place (if my sum up makes sense of course :shy: ) , Thankyou :content:

Superb advice, Wyvern. :happy:

That unique feeling of blooming realization from within the dream…“Aha!”…to cultivate and sustain this special state of awareness is a primary goal in my life. The moments I’ve laid hold of it are the moments of realization that this simple yet sublime state of spontaneously arising, sheer awareness is the most exquisite treasure I can ever seek. It’s riches are unfathomable and spread into every direction and into every detail that surrounds me at any given moment. It’s the holy grail in my opinion.

In Dzogchen they talk about this feeling…and have a word to describe it: “Emaho!”
Means “Marvelous!” “Incredible” “Brilliant!”. Very much the feeling behind the word
“Eureka!!”

Anyways…thanks for the reminder :smile:. Cripes…how could I forget?!

Yes!
That’s exactly how you should think - be confident that you can do this, feel excited, and practice your awareness.
Actually I highly recommend that you do all this to a kind of lifestyle, so that you try to remain aware as much as possible during the days (with this I mean that you should do it as much as you feel you can manage without getting exhausted) and really try to “live the dream in reality”.

Thanks Laurelindo, great to know I’m on the right track :tongue: .
Haven’t had much luck the last couple of nights with my dream recolection (I think it may be due to the time I go to bed and/or my DJ entries not really being up to much), but will regroup my mindset today and get my recall back on track.
Maybe this has something to do with my situation at the moment, I finished an RC model I’d designed and made from scratch as a new concept to a watercraft I intend on making, maybe the excitement of being closer to my goal in life (inventor/designer) and the stress of ‘will it work?!’ is disturbing my dreams :eh: , first test in a few hours :panic: .
Interesting description of ‘the feeling’ glypheye, I’ll try and cultivate that feeling and ‘imprint’ it on my mind.
Cudos to Wyvern for this topic :content: .

You’re welcome. :content:

Remember to keep as still as possible when you wake up in the mornings, this will make it easier to remember your dreams.
simply remain exactly in the position you are when you wake up, and then calmly go through the dream in your mind, ask yourself what you did before an event, after that etc.
It also helps a lot to wake up during a REM stage - lots of LD enthusiasts often wake up after 6 hours, then do WBTB - which by the way is one of the best ways to become lucid, especially for beginners.

Bah, no joy with DR, gone from 5 then 2, and none this morning :confused: , tried staying still for a while and just letting my mind wander, but zilch (and I was going to be late for work :neutral: ). I was just reading Darxide’s EFT thread, I’ll be trying that tonight alongside ‘imagine the feeling’.
I was thinking maybe I just need to chill, I’ve read so much, and am convinced I will be able to do it, and FAST, I feel all I need is that 1st good LD to be able to really connect with the experience and take LD’ing by the proverbials, maybe I’m being overconfident, is that possible or would that not be a good thing as confidence is important :bored: . Maybe just doing a couple of techs and not really thinking about it, but not thinking about it with confidence will do the trick :eh: .
Oh ye, I just thought of a LL trick to do, every time you see another person, whoever, think ‘am I dreaming, how did I get here, etc’, surely that would ingrain it pretty well?

Oak: Confidence is important. I only find that over-confidence isn’t good if you don’t get results and that affects your confidence :razz:

And DR can be very weird sometimes. I’ve been having great recall and then one day last week, for no aparent reason, it droped dramatically (I was typing ~8 pages in my ld4all DJ, and then it went to 3-4 :confused: ). But just as it randomly goes down, it can randomly go up, like lat night for me :grin:

and the more you remember to think “am I dreaming, how did I get here, etc” throughout the day, the better!

Cheers Mattias. Maybe I was subconciously doubting my ability to have one because I hadn’t yet, I only started reading about LD a week ago for goodness sake :tongue:.
I guess the trick is to clause your confidence with ‘it WILL happen, but in its own time’ :cool:. Good to hear about your DR, I was a bit worried that maybe it was down to not having much in my DJ for a couple of days (due to lack of dreams) and it being a vicious circle (my 1st entry was an usually high recal day), that was going to take a while to get back up again. It makes sense having on and off days, I’d been off work for half term ( :grin: I love the school holidays again), and was back today, maybe I need to get used to all this in parallel with work and my normal routine.

Thanks for the tips everyone, apologies to Wyvern for kind of derailling his topic :shy:.