Want to have a dream journal but don't want anyone to see it

That is very correct. But it can be hard to live by it. In this case for bored299 to make a journal. I know that what you say is correct but i still have problems similar to bored299 yet I know that they can be solved by what you say.

The fear of what other people think about you.

I keep mine on my computer, no one ever looks at it or cares to try. You can even password-protect the files if you’re really that concerned about it.

When you keep the DJ on your computer, I think you still use some paper for short notes. Just wanted to mention this, it would be hard to wake up and start your computer immediately. At least for me because I forget my dreams VERY fast after waking up.
I once tried it with audio files and also with speech recognition, but this is weird as my family can hear me talking :wink:

There is a nice little Dream Journal programme. It gives you tasks for each month (this month its to hit a DC with a snowball) :smile:
And you must enter a password that you choose every time you enter it.

I can’t find that software now online, but if you’re interested, I’ll upload it for you.

I don’t like my DJ being read by other people as well, I have found my brother reading through it xD. Now I have an ipod and I found a very nice app called Dream Journal, it asks you for a password when starting it.

At first I thought it would be slow typing but it’s still faster then writing :content: .

I agree with you. I’m in the exact same boat. 15 in February :happy:

I just make mine in my iPod’s Notepad. It’s always right next to my bed, if not in my bed.

Rubenknex, I’ll have to check that app out.

That’s true, it’s hard to get to a computer right when you wake up.
I’m sure that’s why my dream recall isn’t top-notch at the moment. I count on memory to type up the dream later in the day. Paper might be a good idea :razz:

And I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d love for my friends to read most of my dreams. There are some that are private, but for the most part I think it’s fun to exchange dream stories.

Lol bro use the search function. I posted about the same problem a while back :content: . Anyway best of luck to you!

I never want anyone to read my dream journal anyway, but for me that was no problem. I just had it right next to my bed behind some models I once made. My parents didn’t care to come in my room or anything and even if they did they didn’t know I was into lucid dreaming or what a dream journal would even be, and anyway my dream journal isn’t recogniseble as one… except for me that is.

I have the same problem, but my solutiion lies in my horible handwriting, no one can read what I write

I have mine next to my bed, just hid under my current book I’m reading, a quick shuffle of picking it up when waking up and its hidden, I also keep a backup on my computer which has more information on, the journal itself only contains dreams, the version on my computer has entries of WILD, incubation, other things.

I’ve been asked what the book is ( as it looks fairly nifty, black moleskin book) of course I didn’t answer them :razz: Nothing after that, really no problem to keep one, and it helps you remember the very best of your dreams.

If I hadn’t of kept mine, I’d not remember any of these amazing visuals.

Just keep it to youself! Im the opposite! I love sharing my dreams with people!

i sleep wid ma cellphone below ma pelow!!nd wen i wake up in middle night or in morning,i quickly type the dream wid date nd save it in ma drafts or in saved messeges!!its nt cumpulsry tat u should hav a dream ‘journal’ . :smile: !!

I’m really interested :happy: , could you share ? :content: (by PM ^^)

I understand, when I was around 17 years old. like 5 years ago… my parents found my DJ and actually read it… they didn’t say anything to me because they probably felt bad about it and I was way too embarrassed to confront them… but I had found my DJ open in my bed. then again I didn’t really hit it that well or anything duh… from then on… I only keep it in my computer and the only way to access it is with a password.

Good Luck.

I have just in the last couple of days took to learning an alternative alphabet to hide my dream journal entries from prying eyes.

I’m experimenting with Elder Futhark and the Theban alphabet. Both of which look dreamily mysterious. After using mnemonic memory techniques, I’ve picked up the Theban alphabet in two days. At this rate, I should be able to write at a respectable speed within a week or less.

Or if you’re really hardcore, come up with your own alphabet and use mnemonics to retain it.

This is what my dream journal looks like after two days of practice with the Theban alphabet

I don’t think anyone in my life will be decoding that anytime soon. If I can pick this up in two days using mnemonic memory tech’s, ANYONE can. I’m a type 1 diabetic which affects my memory and concentration, but that hasn’t been an obstacle to this. So yeah, anyone can do it and probably faster than me.

Just a suggestion.

A friend of mine has a lot of younger siblings who are expert snoopers, and so she wrote hers entirely in French. I’ve seen people make up their own unique symbols too :smile:

I’ve played with the thought of actually inventing my own language, I have several words done already but they sound a lot like Tolkien’s language Quenya. :tongue:

For my DJ, I use a regular notebook that I’ve hidden between other notebooks of mostly the same brand under my bed (I have a bed with some sort of shelves below it)