Pain in my forearms when I lift heavy objects

I’ve had a problem for a few months now - whenever I lift heavy weights (while working out, for example) I always sooner or later feel a quite uncomfortable pain in my forearms (usually in the brachio radialis muscles), and if I don’t stop lifting at that point I will feel sore for a whole day (in other words, about 24 hours, give or take a few hours).
This pain will usually go away completely if I rest my arms for a week or so, but that’s beyond inconvenient since this won’t let me train the rest of my arms - after all, the forearms are always involved in some way when you lift things.

Do you know what causes this problem? :confused:
And what can I do to fix it?

It’s possible that this is just an uncomfortable form of soreness from practicing those muscles, but it feels like getting stung by knives or something.

I strongly suggest that you visit a doctor/physiologist about this. Maybe it’s something serious, maybe not. Other than that, check-ups are nice to do once in a while to prevent permanent damage to yourself.

I had a similar feeling in high school, and it caused me to accidentally throw out my back at the age of 16, not fun. What caused it for me is that my chest was significantly stronger than my back and it was pulling on the shoulders. Look up techniques to strengthen your whole back. Lateral pulldowns and bent over lifts only work the bigger muscles, your little ones need work too. Try this, take a 5-10 pound weight, lay on your side. Keep your elbow bent at 90 degrees, and rotate your arm. If you feel it burning after a dozen or so, then you need to work on your stabilizers, which are hard to get with the heavier machines / lifts.

It’s also possible that it’s just lactic acid buildup and you need to drink more water.

Thank you. :content:
You know, this is really stupid but I actually confused “forearms” with “underarms”. :eh:

Anyway, it does seem like the pain goes away when I exercise those muscles with lighter weights, it kind of “massages” those muscles and makes it much easier to do barbell curls.
I don’t feel nearly as much pain now as I did when I created this thread - sure, I do sometimes feel it during heavy weights, but it has certainly gone away a lot.