ND Challenge 3 - Winner MagykKatte

[i]Welcome to the Third Normal Dream Challenge of LD4all![/i]
A challenge to test and improve dream recall, quality and clarity of recorded dreams, as well as the ability to incubate non-lucid dreams. It also serves as an encouragement to read others’ Dream Journals and vice versa.

This Challenge will be headed by both Moogle and Eilatan, so expect all sorts of crazy tasks! :tongue:

History
ND Challenge 1 - TM and Initiator: Dreamjutsu - Winner: Ysim
ND Challenge 2 - TM: Ysim - Winner: moogle
ND Challenge 3 - TM: moogle and Eilatan - Winner:

The point system and rules for this challenge will be modified before the opening of this challenge.

Here are the current rules:

-----------------------------

10 points per ND recalled
15 points per LD recalled
5 points per successful chain
25 points per personal challenge incubated dream
25 points per late incubation task dream
40 points per current incubation task dream
15 points per dream of the current incubation task done while lucid
10 points per dream of personal challenge done while lucid
5 points for late task done while lucid

In addition at the end of each task, discretionary points will be given by Eilatan and moogle for standards of dream recall and weird incubation.

There will be 6 Incubation Tasks, hopefully announced twice a week, with the first and last tasks having each a week of their own. Your goals overall are to recall and record dreams in detail, and to have a dream about the current or past tasks.
You may also choose a personal challenge. Please pre-state your personal challenge upon signup. Once you have completed your challenge you may choose a new one.

Please put a link to your DJ when you sign up. If you do not have a Dream Journal on LD4all, start one, it is a great habit. You may create a temporary DJ in the Dream Journal forum. If you wish to make it truly temporary, just contact a moderator after the challenge to have it removed.
Only dreams had DURING the course of the challenge are eligible for points. It may be a good idea to make a comment in your DJ of where your first ND Challenge Dream begins.

At the end of each task, 15 bonus discretionary points will be given by Eilatan and moogle for

• Standard of dream recall
  • Weird incorporation of task within the dream

Example of Points:

Recall and task: For every ND recalled, you are awarded 10 points. If that dream completes your personal challenge, or a late task, you get an extra 25 points. If you complete the current task, you gain an extra of 40 points.
Please note: A lucid dream recalled will get you 15 points; however, as this is an incubation challenge, creating the task after becoming lucid will only gain you an extra 15 points, 10 extra points for your own personal task, or 5 points for a late task. This is not to penalize you for being lucid, but the ND Challenge is about dream incubation, not lucidity.

Fragments: If you wake up and only recall dream fragments, you will be given 5 points even if all fragments are from different dreams/snippets. The taskmaster, however, reserves the right to double that to 10 points should there be an excessive amount of fragments.

Chaining: If you wake from a dream and immediately re-enter it (regardless of lucidity) you will be granted 5 extra points. This goes for whether you normal dream chain, or lucid dream chain back into a dream you just woke from. This will be counted as a separate dream from the first, and you will be awarded points on recall accordingly.

Overall: If you had 2 ND’s, and one completed the current task, you have 60 points (40 for task, 10 each ND). If one night you woke recalling fragments, you would have 65 points (5 points for fragments). If you then took a nap and chained an ND into a LD you would sit at 95 points (10 points for recalling an ND, 5 points for chaining, 15 points for recalling an LD). If for that task, the Taskmaster decided you achieved the task in the weirdest way, you will get an extra 15 points for a total of 110 points.

If you have any questions please ask.

-----------------------------

The Contestants:
ND Challenge 3: Taskmasters: Eilatan and Moogle

NameDream JournalPersonal Goal

1. Mew151 |Mew151’s Dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo | Nightmares again :ebil:
  2. Ysim :ysim: | The Dragon’s Crystal Lair | Ride a dragon
  3. Rhewin :tardis: | Rhewin’s Journal 2 | Summon the Red TARDIS I received at the PDC
  4. CrazyPsychoLoverly | Psycho’s Dream Journal I Fly with the help of wings
  5. Fate | Fate’s Dream Journal | Shout at Someone
  6. Tnq67985 | Dreams of Destiny | Have a Lucid Dream
  7. Altuno | Journal of Dreams | Make friends with a DC
  8. Marussia_Komer | Marussia_Komer : Road to LD | Become an Assassin
  9. MagykKatte |What Lies Inside The Purple Plaid Journal |Meet Sebastian
  10. GHOSTIE :tongue: | Searching for the Truth | Get a nice swim in a lake :razz:
  11. Nuevefactorial | Nuevefactorial’s Temporary Dream Journal | Find a creature that doesn’t exist in RL
  12. BlackKettle | BK’s Library of Dreams | Visit my personal library I made up filled with books serving as portals to the entire universe.

ND Challenge 3

1. Mew151 |Mew151’s Dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo | Nightmares again :ebil:

ND Challenge 3

1. Mew151 |Mew151’s Dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo | Nightmares
  2. Ysim | The Dragon’s Crystal Lair | Ride a dragon

ND Challenge 3

3. Rhewin :tardis: | Rhewin’s Journal 2 | Summon the Red TARDIS I received at the PDC

Hmmmm… slight edit, changing goal…

ND Challenge 3
…Name…Dream Journal…Personal Goal

1.Mew151 |Mew151’s Dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo | Nightmares again

2.Ysim | The Dragon’s Crystal Lair | Ride a dragon

3.Rhewin | Rhewin’s Journal 2 | Summon the Red TARDIS I received at the PDC

1. CrazyPsychoLoverly | Psycho’s Dream Journal I Summon Sebastian and have a conversation

Can I enter?

ND Challenge 3

4. CrazyPsychoLoverly | Psycho’s Dream Journal I Summon Sebastian and have a conversation
  5. Fate | Fate’s Dream Journal | Utilize wind to glide around

Did a proper edit on the list, added both CrazyPsychoLoverly and myself :smile:

ND Challenge 3
…Name…Dream Journal…Personal Goal

Mew151 |Mew151’s Dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo | Nightmares again
Ysim | The Dragon’s Crystal Lair | Ride a dragon
Rhewin | Rhewin’s Journal 2 | Summon the Red TARDIS I received at the PDC
CrazyPsychoLoverly | Psycho’s Dream Journal I Summon Sebastian and have a conversation
Fate | Fate’s Dream Journal | Utilize wind to glide around
Tnq67985 | Dreams of Destiny | Have a Lucid Dream (Is that ok if I haven’t had one yet? :razz:)

Eep! List breaker! /me fixes it

Yes, CrazyPsycho, anyone is free to enter the ND challenge. :razz:

Yes, Tnq, it’s fine if you haven’t had an LD yet. Keep in mind this is the normal dream challenge, though, and your goal should probably be something you can incubate into a ND.

ND Challenge 3

4. CrazyPsychoLoverly | Psycho’s Dream Journal I Summon Sebastian and have a conversation

Thank you :smiley:

Good luck to all, hopefully I’ll have more luck recalling ND’s than having LD’s :razz:
ND Challenge 3

7. Altuno | Journal of Dreams | False Awakening

Updated my DJ link:

ND Challenge 3

1. Mew151 |Mew151’s Dreams: Awesomeness | Nightmares again :ebil:

ND Challenge 3

8. Marussia_Komer | Marussia_Komer : Road to LD | Racing in F1

/me signs up and is too lazy to enter details for now :tongue:

ND Challenge 3

9. MagykKatte |What Lies Inside The Purple Plaid Journal |meet some vampires

Fine, ghost, I’ll be nice to you for now T.T

ND Challenge 3

10. TheLazyGhost… I mean GHOSTIE who gets to edit this himself later.

The challenge will begin on Friday. There is still time to sign up for it. :grin:

1. Nuevefactorial | Nuevefactorial’s Temporary Dream Journal | Find a creature that doesn’t exist in RL

Reminder emails shall be sent on Wednesday or so. Please be sure to check the scoring information in the first post, as it has been modified to highlight that you get less points when you incubate the task in an LD, and to explain the new discretionary points system and how scoring works.

Ghostie, please be sure to add the necessary information before the start.

ND Challenge 3

10. TheLazyGhost… I mean GHOSTIE who gets to edit this himself later.
  11. Nuevefactorial | Nuevefactorial’s Temporary Dream Journal | Find a creature that doesn’t exist in RL

/me hits Rhewin with a TARDIS truit :razz:

[spoiler]ND Challenge 3
[size=75][color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Name[color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Dream Journal[color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Personal Goal[/size]

10. GHOSTIE :tongue: | Searching for the Truth | Get a nice swim in a lake :razz:[/spoiler]

[center]

Task 1: The 4 Elements[/center]

The first task will run for a week. To succeed, your dream must feature one of the four elements

• water
  • fire
  • earth
  • air

I’m looking forward to reading lots of weird and wonderful dreams. Good luck to everyone.