Creating your own DC's and Dreamworlds

This is just a question and starting a discussion on this topic, is this hard to do? When you go into a new LD how can you find what you have created and make sure it is not ruined?

It depends on your belief, I think.
WriterCube has a whole universe he made.

Yeah thats incredible, but what you create or do in your dreams, does it stay the same like if i got lucid the next night?

If you really believe in yourself and are an experienced lucid dreamer, you will most likely to see it in the same state as you remembered.

One thing that helps me is to do a lot of the designing in WL. Think about it, what are the clearest dreamscapes you’ve been in? Probably the ones taking place in your home/school/workplace. Places we know well materialize the best. So spend the maximum amount of time you can imagining these places, draw them, think about every detail.

Personally I rarely work this way with DCs. BUT, I do when I’ve met an interesting one in dream. Let’s say a mysterious swordsman I encountered. The next day I imagine where he came from, what his goals are. So in the end when i meet him again he will be more stable and fleshed out.

Also don’t be discouraged if you have weak dreams where the DCs are different or your dreamscapes are different. Just ignore them, focus on the ones that work the way you want and eventually you’ll have less and less dreams that don’t fit.

I can’t speak for others but when posting dreams I sometimes edit out fuzzy or non lucid parts where the dreamscape fails. What I mean is, don’t expect perfection, when those dreams happen they are amazing but I don’t think it’s perfect all the time for anybody.

That’s one thing I have yet to do, but without knowing where I want to go, I usually end up either waking up or back at home (where it’s difficult for me to go anywhere else without losing lucidity). I’ve yet to draw some dreamscapes, though I want to. Usually slips my mind until shortly before bed.

I made my own planet, with little aliens that worship me. :tongue: Little model cities like New York, Toronto, London etc. Made up ones too, even though they’re different every time. I can make hurricanes and everything, so I made an entire world.