The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VIII

Thanks for the answer.
I am suspicious because it felt like a ND. Could it be that I dreamt about a LD?

Could be, but still if you realized inside the dream that you are dreaming that it was LD. False LD would be if you dreamt about doing things you would usually do when you are lucid like flying, shape shifting and such things but without realization that it’s actually a dream. At the end it goes to what you think and if you think that was NLD then it was but by the definition it was lucid!

Last night I tried to WILD and im not sure if I did because I knew I was dreaming, but when I tried to make something appear, I couldnt get it to stay in the dream…it would disappear after a second…

This was, in fact, a lucid dream. The definition of a lucid dream is that you know you’re dreaming. However, what you experienced sounds like it was a low-level lucid dream, where you don’t have much control. I believe there’s an article in the article space about increasing dream control (too lazy to go link it). Congratulations on your dream, however! I have yet to have one that lasts more than a few seconds.

Thanks I think I understand now. Ive actually had a lot of practice lucid dreaming so ive gotten to the point where I can control my dreams, wake up from them, and revisit them. This was dream was different so I didnt know what to think :smile:

Hi All. I am hoping to get your insight into a dream I had last night. I am yet to have an LD (I think :eh: ).

My dream: I am in a building getting shown round by a man and a woman, we get to a room that they say has a virtual reality machine inside. I like the sound of that and they say I can have a go, the woman goes into it with me to teach me how to use it. she says its very realistic to the senses and that the physical limits of the simulation range from real to none (as in LD). we are in what looks like a kitchen when she is telling me this and the limits are ‘set’ to none, so to try out the theory I jump up, land on my hands on the counter, spin round on one hand and jump off, still on my hands. I flip back up onto my feet, exclaiming how cool that was, she is amazed that I picked it up that fast. I say that it’s easy, as she said, anything is possible so it stands to reason simulating me standing and jumping on my hands is easy, which it had been. She then ‘loads’ a flying simulator that is set on real, I’m now in a blackbird SR-71 stealth plane, at altitude at full speed. I get the nod that I’m in control, it feels great to fly, I can’t help but have some fun, I take us into a dive that takes us right down to skimming trees and houses, the speed is incredible and it looks amazing. I end up in a jungle (I must have crashed the plane |, maybe the machine loaded a random scene when the somebody dies in the simulator, it all starts getting a bit vague) , there are some enemies that I fight. there ends the simulation. and so does the dream, I wake up.

Was it just an ND that was sort of on the subject of LD like a dream I had where I was in a room with people talking about LD but actually lucid. Or a sort of semi-LD?

It didn’t feel like I thought an LD would, it wasn’t very vivid I’ve had easier dreams to recal than that one. Bear with me… I didn’t feel lucid although I was controlling what happened in the dream, in the dream I’m in a VR machine and have control of what I saw and felt, but it was my dream self controlling those things not me. Like watching actors start to improvise during a play.

I hope I made sense, any insight would be appreciated. Cheers :smile:

Merged into The BIG “Was this a LD?” topic. :mattias:/:rhewin:

There’s a simple answer: if ever thought to yourself, “hey, I’m dreaming!” then it was an LD, regardless of clarity or control. If you didn’t have that little epiphany, it wasn’t a lucid dream. Now, it could be semi lucid or false lucid, and the fact your are at least dreaming about LD’s is a good sign. Now you just need to work on your awareness so you catch such things. Keep it up :content:

Thanks for the post, and the move (hadn’t spotted this post yet, i’ll have a read).

I deffinately didn’t get that epiphany, good to know I’m on the right track though, this will hopefully give my confidence an extra nudge. Roll on tonight and my first LD :plotting:
I’ve been doing some EFT excerices with a ‘when I dream, remember my dream’ matra, I should maybe try ‘when I dream, become aware’ to help me remember to take stock and raise my awareness.

Cheers :cool:

Hello dreamers.I had a dream years ago.When I learned about LD s , I kept asking myself “Was that a LD ?” But I couldn’t name it.And I want your thoughts about it.
It was black everywhere at first.But then I saw little white letters.They were becoming words and sentences.They were too small so I couldn’t read it.But when they started to appear I heard my voice.But i wasn’t talking intentionally.It was like a ND.But the strange thing was what i said.I said “Right now I’m starting to a dream.When inside the dream…”
I couldn’t hear more because I woke up.What was that ? A pre-lucid ? Or a LD ?

Success :happy:. Last night I had 2 short LDs. The first only lasted a minute or so and was only aware in the last 10 secs or so, i clapped and heard a nice echo (is was on a stairwell you’d find in flats), but that was it. The second much longer, about 3mins? I started doing my goal (finding a lancia delta and hot footing it through a town :content: ). But I didn’t do RCs and my consciousness was way down. But yey, I have something to build on.

Marussian, I obviously don’t have much experience, but I’d say you where very very close. I had a similar experience, realising I was in a dream, trying to rub my hands together but woke up before I could. It’s great it happened because it’s progress, keep it up and you’ll be LDing in no time, confidence is key :tongue: .

Thank you I had a LD tonight two times.I’m happy to achieve that after hard work.You can read it in my DJ :smile:

My first and so far only doubtable LD came right in the first night of learning about it. I tried the mantra method, telling myself that I know I’m dreaming if I talk to somebody.
So for the most part it was a normal dream, me not remembering anything but the last 1 second. Suddenly I just saw myself in a conversation with a man, while 1 thought went through my head : this is my LD triggering mantra. So 1 second later I heard my mom in the kitchen and the dream ended.
Now what I’m doubtful about is whether the real-world noise interacted with my dream and tried to infuse the dream and real world noise or was it indeed a LD moment, from which I came out due to being too excited/disturbed.
I’m unsure if it was a LD because if you’re being woken up, your brain starts to slowly record info once again and since the mantra was the last thing I did before falling asleep it would kind of make sense that your brain tries to tie all the loose ends and make it so the real-world noise would fit in with the dream.

Great news Marussia :content:. How good does it feel to succeed :cool:.

Have you tried telling the SC man to back off? After all, he’s your subconcious and as such will surely obey.

When I get the opertunity and the conciousness to think of it, I plan to tell my SC to manifest itself so I can talk to it face to face and instruct it to make all my dreams an LD :tongue:.

Ive been reading about lucid dreaming for a while now , really intresting subject , anyway , i had this dream last night , it wasnt that vivid , what makes it special though is that i could tell it was a dream , and i can remember it all , but it was more like imagining stuff while being awake , and i had no control what so ever over it , whenever i tried to do something inside everything became blurry . Was this a LD ?

I think it was an LD but at an extremely low level of lucidity.

Is it considered being lucid if I become aware that I am physically waking up? I’m not referring to waking up as a result of becoming lucid; I mean actually realizing “I’m waking up” while still in a dream. Rather than an awareness that I’m dreaming, it’s an awareness that I’m lying in bed and waking up. I’ve had this happen to me twice, both under the same circumstances - waking up in the morning (when it’s light, not before the sun’s up), deciding to stay in bed for awhile, and dozing off again. This usually results in me remembering bizarre fragments of various dreams upon waking up, but I can recall two specific examples of becoming aware that I was physically waking up.

Both times, the dream became “stuck”, in a sense, after realizing this, not frozen, but just… stuck. I’ll get to that. The first time it happened was a few years ago. I was at a dance, and I was dancing with the guy I liked at the time. While I can’t remember most of the dream anymore, I can still remember the waking up part. Now, when I say it became “stuck”, I mean all that happened was the repetitive motion of us dancing - no talking, nothing else happening around us anymore. This happened around the same time as I became physically aware of my body. I mean, I knew I had full control over my physical body in bed if I chose to move. I knew I could open my eyes and wake up. It was like I was watching the dream all of a sudden. I tried desperately to keep my focus in the dream, but it was too late, and it started fading. Well, everything except for the two of us began fading, slowly at first, then quicker, so I made the decision to open my eyes and wake up, realizing that the dream was over by this point.

I had something similar happen this morning. It started out as HI, which I didn’t pay much mind to, as I was already in a semi-conscious, drifting-in-and-out-of-sleep state at the time. Anyway, the details of most of the dream aren’t important, but it basically ended where the helicopter I was in crash-landed. The dream got “stuck” this time when I was lying on the ground, under the wrecked helicopter, and nothing was happening around me. I thought, “Oh, the dream’s over,” and allowed myself to wake up. I didn’t want to wake up, but I remembered how everything had faded last time I’d tried to resist waking up, so I knew I had no choice to simply accept that the dream had ended and I had to wake up.

i had a lucid awakening, i realized i was dreaming in my dream, but a second after i woke up :sad:
anyone had the same
This is not off-topic i hope :smile:

I remember that in my last dream I was driving a car and looked to the speedometer and first it was 40km/h and then when I looked it again it was somelike jumping from 80km/h to 95km/h… I wonder if this works as same as the clocks? Could this be a sign that Im getting closer to LD?

Yeah, similar experience here. I said to myself ‘I am dreaming’ but the second I said it I woke up, before the awareness really kicked in.

When I was around 5 I had lots of nightmares. I became afraid of sleep and stayed up all night because of them. But, then my brain developed some kind of mechanism to find nightmares and awake me if I realized it was a nightmare.

Here’s how it did this:
I would go to sleep, and when I started to dream everything was normal. But at the first sign of something bad, or scary, I would hear an extremely loud alarm sound that was extremely similar to my house alarm. This would cause me to wake up immediately and not have to go through the nightmare. This still happens to me occasionally in my dreams. But are these dreams considered LDs?