New lucid Dreamer.

Hello everyone, I have been browsing these forums for a while now and decided to join, I have been interested in LD for some time now, I have a dream journal and record the best I can, I seem to a have a somewhat decent time at remembering my dreams ( even though it’s only for about 5 minutes). I do have a few questions the past few nights I have noticed my dreams are in a third person view, and also very blury I don’t believe they are lucid because I have no control over the, is this a sign of something? Or is this just standard dreaming? I’ve read a good amount of info on LD, but I can’t seem to find an answer as to when I will know when the dream is lucid. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to this exploration.

Imagining lucid dreaming without having experienced one is hard. This is why people tend to be skeptical when they hear about the phenomena for the first time.

Don’t worry about not knowing when a dream is lucid. I can guarantee you that you’ll know when you have your first one. The feeling is nothing short of spectacular.

EDIT: Oh, and good luck.

Thank you, what method seems to be the most effective for people? I understand everyone is different.

Interesting. I have excellent control and realization, but other than the rare instance (where I’m not even trying), I never have the spectacular moving experiece of a true LD.

3rd person view? I would imagine that is a sense of progress. I would think there may be a limit to how real that will feel - maybe a sign that you are concentrating too much on how you react to things, and not enough on just concentrating on things. But still, I had a phase like that, and it definitely helped. That was roughly when I could run away from pretty much any nightmare too, which is just as big an accomplishment as LD to me. How many times a year would you say you have a dream where you wake up feeling scared, killed or defeated?

The blurriness? I have this too. Not all the time, but definitely if I try too hard to control things, once I’m in the dream. Solving this one is why I’m here.

I think you will know the dream is true lucid when you wake going… OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD. I have had those occasionally, but have rarely had more than a few moments of control. And the more control I had, the less real and vibrant it felt.

Anyway, good luck. I’m not an expert, but I do see some similarity betweenwhat youve written, and what I’ve experienced, and I’m pretty happy with my dreams, veen if they are all fuzzy… they are still facinating. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your insight yooka, I’m trying but I’m not over trying if that makes sense.