An alternative to the inhale RC

Instead of holding your nose with your hands (which is somewhat annoying to do, and kinda weird in public places), try to close your mouth and inhale using your mouth only. This blocks your nose canal, so you can’t inhale with your nose by accident. This version of the standard RC takes around 1-3 seconds to do, depending on your will. :peek:

I will try this during one of my next lucid dreams. Thank you for this idea.

Really interesting, to be honest I’m surprised I didn’t think of this myself it’s so simple :neutral:
Thanks for the share, still a bit awkward unless you make it unnoticeable while in public, but with my allergies every time I use the nose RC during this time of year I sneeze at least 11 times in a 2 minute period, its ridiculous.

Haha :woo: I wonder, does it feel equally good every time you sneeze?

If it works, let us know! :peek:

I’m eager to know if this works, since whenever I touch my nose, I tend to get sneezes and runny nose.

Yeah that happens to me as well quite often.

Good idea, I hope this really works!

I didn’t know this many people had allergies and this problem with the nose RC :razz:. what I used to do was instead of pinching my nose I’d use my fingers to just cover my nostrils. Works equaly well IMO. And am I the only one that doesn’t feel weird doing a nose RC in public? :lol:

I’ve read about this alternative to the nose RC before, but I’ve never tried it before since the nose RC works fine with me :grin: .

This in insane, I actually had one of my longest LD’s last night, and I ended up trying this in the dream.
The dream itself collapsed just after about 16 minutes of time IRL, but in that time I did several RC’s just to be sure it wasn’t my imagination, including this one.
Sadly enough, the nose-pinch RC worked, but not this one. I don’t know whether or not it’s because it’s just me, or because holding your breath in your mouth closes your epiglottis, not allowing you to breathe whatsoever. I’d imagine in a dream it wouldn’t actually close your epiglottis, but I’m not entirely sure…I’ll continue testing it in my future LD’s to see if it works.

You’d think so, but only the first 2-3 feel relieving. After about the sixth sneeze, your eyes water so horrendously it almost looks like your crying, not to mention you might get 2-3 ghost sneezes that never end up happening.

God I love spring :meh:

Not to mention eyes starting to hurt from all those tears and salt. This is why I am not very keen on doing the nose RC anymore, because my nose has become increasingly more sensitive through the past year (chronic allergies all-year-round).