One more question! (pain on drems)

Hi, Lucid Dreamers! (Sorry for my English, Im from Brasil!)

I had a LD 3 months ago, by suggestion! Since then (I’ve stopped trying) I had no more LDs. But I can that I’ll have one still this week. I had (this week) some FLD (hate them, feels like I’m just loosing the oportunity to have a normal LD!!!), so here is my question:

I’ve, obviously, already planned what Im going to do on my LDs and I was thinking about Flying (exciting)! I think the ‘key concept’ for flying is confidence, right? But what if something happens and I fall down, would I feel any type of pain?

Moved from Quest for Lucidity :mattias:

Nope haha it’s so cool. One time I spent half my LD just flying up a little then falling just because I couldn’t feel it. I do wanna try making the ground a trampoline some time… hehe

So go for it, the dream world is whatever you want it to be! :content:

The only times I’ve felt pain was when I was intentionally expecting it, and even then it was quite numb anyway. Don’t worry about it and fly to your heart’s content :content:

No no no no no no no.
But I guess it depends on people.
If your recalled nightmare have pains, then you will likely feel pain in your early beginning stage.
I’m unable to feel pain in all my dreams, though. It’s always a dull sensation, even when my hand got sliced off in a dream.

I have felt pain in dreams before, but only started to actually realise this once recording my dreams in a journal. I have woken up still feeling pain on occasions but only for a few minuites at most, and never has been anything to horrific.
I really think the main thing is expectation if u expect that this is a dream I wont feel any pain then by rights that should be the case.
also I have fell from flight a few times and have never noticed pain before when landing on the ground but that is normally been when in a non lucid state.
infact I have become lucid from just that before when hitting the ground and realising I was alive unscathed and without pain I became aware.

I’ve experienced quite a lot of pain in dreams (lucid or otherwise) but after interacting with other dreamers, I discovered that I’m in the minority. I also have chronic health problems like migraines that sometimes gets into my dreams and wakes me up. But that’s just me.

Don’t worry about falling when flying. You’ll be safe.

In my most recent LD, I tried flying for the first time, and I wouldn’t say it’s really “confidence”, but focus. Focus would allow you to control your flying better, and believe me, you’ll need it. When I tried it, I only flew 15 feet high then started falling because I lost my focus. I just landed on the ground, but I guess it depends on how you would perceive your landing.
Such as: normally falling 15 feet would hurt, but it didn’t for me because I didn’t think about the landing. I simply landed on my feet without thinking of normal pain, and so I didn’t feel any.
So if you fell 50 feet, but didn’t pay attention to the height, you probably wouldn’t feel any pain.

This is actually a pretty good to test out, I might just try it next time I have a LD

I usually feel pain when being stabbed…other than that nothin :neutral:

It’s possible but I doubt it. If you expect to be falling though, the chance of it actually happening is larger. Try making the ground very soft and delicate, or as mentioned before a trampoline! :happy:

You could also mentally raise your durability so that you could tolerate strong impacts. (LD recall) I remember falling from space, crash landing face first, and then getting up feeling drained and a bit dizzy. Oddly no pain at all. Not thinking about pain may help as well.
[center] :om: [color=blue]Focus is key[/color][/center]

If you fall down from a great height, you would probably just wake up. If you fall down a short distance then you won’t feel any pain. =D

Sometimes I see dreams includes only falling.But when I hit the ground I never have pain.It never happened.They were ND s but I think dream type doesn’t matter.If you don’t become obsessed about this like most people you won’t have pain in your dreams.