Scared to try

deleted

LOL of all birds…interesting choice :spinning:

good luck, dennis.

persevere, man!

deleted

Well, seeing as how WILD is already difficult when combined with WBTB, it’s even HARDER to do at bedtime. It’s possible, but it’s pretty much not going to happen. MILD, etc., still works without WBTB and such. I would suggest trying that instead. I mostly use a personal form of MILD myself.

today i had to get up early to have breakfast with my family but school started hours later so i tried WBTB and WILD together. I didn´t fall asleep :sad: and i had massive problems with saliva etc. to the experienced WILDers what can i do to prevent the urge to swallow?

Don’t make a big deal out of swallowing. If you have to swallow, do it. Otherwise, it just distracts you. You don’t have to not swallow for it to work.

deleted

There isn’t anything to be afraid of with WILD. I really enjoy the experience myself. There are a lot of different methods of doing it. Try not to think of it as something that is hard to do. That always imo just makes things harder. The only thing I can think of that hasn’t already been said is that doing some meditation on a regular basis can be a huge help. You can do wild at bedtime but I know a lot of people find the WBTB easier. Anyway good luck with your attempt tonight.

Check out my DJ I have a dream about flying as an eagle in there. Was one of the most awesome experiences I have had. An owl that sounds interesting. Have to try to keep that in mind.

this is general advice about fear, not specifically your fear:

when faced with a fear, the first thing to ask oneself is “What is the WORST that can happen?” i would say the worst is you’ll be conscious for an unpleasant experience you’re normally unconscious for.

The second thing to do, once you’ve answered that question to your own satisfaction (my answer may not be satisfactory - find a satisfactory answer) is to shift your focus away from your fear. Usually fear comes with a little excitement, or curiosity (emotions rarely are ever “pure” - there’s a dominant emotion and then underlying emotions) - find what other emotions you feel about the event that are positive emotions, and focus on those.

the third step is once you’ve found the positive emotions that correlate to the fear you’re trying to overcome, face your fear.

good luck dennis.

deleted

That depends on just how lucid and aware you are during your dreams.

A better way to word this is … how vivid are your normal dreams? Are they kinda fuzzy around the edges? Distinct, but definitely have an unreal feeling? (I fall somewhere between the last two) Very real seeming, but there’s something subtle off? So real when you wake up you have to do a reality check?

Lucid dreaming will help you make your dreams seem more real, but when you begin, it’ll be a dream that you know you’re dreaming in. You may not have control over the dream either (just awareness that you’re dreaming).

deleted

just to let you know, not ALL LD’s are that real. Just in case you get lucid and think it sucks :razz: there are many levels of vividness. But it is definitelly worth persevering for one of the good ones :cool:

EDIT: actually, IMO it’s worth persevering even for the low lucid crappy vividness ones :grin: , just to make that clear…

In all honesty I don’t see why even SOME people are afraid of the WILD technique. I mean, I can see people who have a fear of being helpless (speaking of which, is there a scientific definition for this? I tried looking up the word, but couldn’t find it anywhere, I just keep getting a bunch of links surrounding agoraphobia, and that’s nowhere near this fear) being afraid of sleep paralysis, but come on now.
Sleep paralysis is a natural thing that happens every night of your life, if your afraid of it, you might as well be afraid of dreaming itself. Or being awake for that matter. Or drinking water, or anything else that you do every single day.

And if you find yourself even remotely afraid of something, you need to question it in its’ entirety before you can even be sure it’s worth being afraid of! In this case, it’s a natural thing that happens every night you fall asleep. Nothing to be afraid of there. And for that matter, drinking water. It’s a natural thing, but even aquaphobics drink water (at least…I’ve never HEARD of an aquaphobic not drinking water because they were afraid of it). So why even have this form of somniphobia? (even though you say you want to try it)

See what I mean?

As for the feeling behind lucid dreaming, I used to be able to tell I was dreaming because of the feeling in the air, almost as if the air world I was in during the current moment had a heavier aura surrounding it. So, I did a reality check, and sure enough, I was dreaming.
It’s a bit hard to explain. It’s almost as if the surrounding environment reflects the feeling your having in the present moment. In a normal surrounding, everything is incredibly calming. The air around me almost feels surreal, and no matter what I do I don’t exactly feel tired, it’s incredible (that bit’s normal in a dream, but the feeling of the dream pairs with it so nicely). However, in dire situations, the air around me reflects this. The mood of the surrounding feels almost hectic, and screams to be released from its’ current state, to end whatever it is going on that’s causing the dream to be that insane.
At least, that’s what it feels like in my dreams. Which is why even in uneventful lucid dreams, I’m glad I had them. It accompanies the events that go on within so well :content:

Whenever you do have a lucid dream, pay attention to the mood of the dream itself. Not as in a summary of the dream, the actual mood of the air within it. Ask yourself, “does the world I’m in make me seem more calm than the environment I face IRL?”

And better yet, does anyone else see this in their dreams as well? I’ve never heard anyone actually describing the environment’s mood in their dreams before. Only ever the events that went on within :neutral:

deleted

Seeing strange colors and flashing lights is normal, that’s hypnagogic imagery. As you progress in the WILD, these will begin to take better shape and look more like actual objects that you can focus on. It’s also important to note that your eyes should be completely still as you shouldn’t be seeing “with your eyes”, per se. The noise you were hearing, unless there was a monster that crawled out from under your bed, was probably the regular noise that accompanies all WILD attempts at their later stages. This noise is described as most as something that relates to a chainsaw, or something else rattling at various noise levels. I don’t know why yours sounded like breathing, but like I said, there’s not much else it could really be.

I would say during your next attempts, once you get to this point, simply try and relax as much as you possibly can. Remember: The key here is to fall asleep very gradually. Falling asleep means your mind can’t be completely active.

deleted

Don’t concentrated so much on keeping your eyes still, but to relax them, along with the rest of your body. :razz:

That’s a good point I forgot to mention, your supposed to allow your complete body to relax to the point of being completely still. This means your eyes as well. To help them relax, before attempting WILD, roll your eyes in large circles, large enough circles that you should feel your eyes almost sort of “ache” when you spin them. After this, simply release your eyes, allow them to relax, and focus on your mind. They should be relatively still at this point, however they will be more relaxed later on during the process.

Then, you can begin the regression process, and hopefully attempt a successful WILD.

*Note: You wont always hear those noises. Sometimes, you can feel vibrations along your spine or another part of your body, sometimes you’ll hear these noises, or sometimes, you wont hear or feel anything.
However, these are warning signs. They tell you that you are about to enter an OBE, and that both your “astal” body and physical body are trying to seperate. It’s important to relax, and continue with your regression during this phase, or else you might slip from this phase back into the physical world. Simply wait, and if you relaxed enough, they should stop. Once this happens, do a reality check without moving, and see if your in the phase (the dream-realm) or not. It it works, then congratulations, you successfully entered an OBE :content:
Once you get good enough at WILD’ing and other OBE techniques, you will begin to see these symptoms less and less, and eventually, your body will be so used to them, they wont ever arise again. By that time though, you’ll know what to do when, and probably wont need them in the first place.

deleted