Odd things happened this night (Kinda funny)

So I woke up from a really strange dream about ogre-humans or something? So I was already like, What the… was that?!

Then I turned around and noticed that a mobile holder (Something you can stick your mobile at) was suddenly next to/under my pillow. I never touched it when I was conscious, and I didn’t even know exactly where it used to be before that moment (Probably on the shelve next to my bed). There is no reason why I picked it up in the night, so it must’ve happened during my sleep.

Can your mind really still feel an object and lift it during your dream? Is it kinda like sleep-walking?

Something else that happens sometimes to me (Also this night a little bit) is that I wake up, and act like there are friends in my room. Like for example, I smile like an idiot because they say something funny or something. I believe that after about 5 seconds they’re usually gone (perhaps even faster), and only after a minute I realise “Wait… what the hell was I thinking… of course no one was here” and that’s when I fully got to my senses.

And sometimes I even talk back to them! A girl I love sometimes appears too and I get this happy feeling, until the moment she’s gone and I realised she never was actually here.

One time I woke up with my arm somehow hooked under my phone charger and I woke up just as my phone got pulled off my desk next to me. I must have been sorta flailing around at that point, since I already know I’m a violent sleeper. I’ve pulled covers off people in my sleep too. I’ve thrown animals off my bed, I believe I’ve thrown covers off too… So yeah, you can do that. I did the throwing more when I was little, though. I remember once waking up in my mom’s bed wondering how I got there.

It’s probably like sleeptalking too. I’ve held simple conversations in my sleep, and I assume I’ve used the toilet in the bathroom in my sleep too. Some of those incidents would require turning my doorknob, etc. So after a lot of examples, the simple answer is yes.

Back when I had retainers, I found them in the morning on my bedside shelf. I don’t remember taking them out!

I do things like that pretty often… The strangest time occurred when I went to bed with pants on, then woke up to find them missing. O_O People tend to wake up for a brief period after every REM cycle, and normally we don’t remember most of the times we awoke. I think it’s possible that incidents with moving things “in our sleep” actually occur during these unremembered awakenings when our minds are still confused by sleep.

As for talking to people who aren’t really there, I do that all the time, too… It’s probably a type of hypnagogic hallucination.

Haha it’s funny to read those stories, glad I’m not the only one :content:

A few days ago I had a dream where I had a skype call with someone, and when I woke up, I just continued talking, and I believe I even still hallucinated the voice of the other person (I have that a lot). A few seconds later I realised I was already awake. I’m glad no one heared me :grin:

when i was little i had seizures in my sleep so i had to sleep in my mom’s bed so she could make sure i didn’t have a seizure. anyways one night i had a dream that i was on the bus and there was someone in the seat in front of me who was making me angry, so what do i do? i kick the seat in front of me as hard as i could.

and ended up doing that in real life, my mom was not happy O.O of course after the initial shock of being rudely awakened by someone kicking her she realized i just had a dream so she didn’t like, chew me out or anything, we just went back to sleep.

other than that i dont think i have ever done anything like that since, but my mom does, she sleep talks, its actually kinda funny sometimes :razz:

for instance one morning i said “hey mom im going to school now” and she said “go to big school in” and i am like…“uh whaat?” and she actually repeated it! “go to big school in” and i think she even spelled the word “go” lol. and another time i asked what i should wear and she said “hawk eyes” XD

oh mom ur so funny sometimes XD she’s not interested in lucid dreaming but she does sleep talk on occasion.

i have noticed sometimes i will actually get up without being fully awake, especially if someone abruptly wakes me up, i will sit up in my bed THEN wake up. one time the phone rang and i think i was asleep half-way to the phone lol :razz: but that doesn’t happen much anymore.