Was I lucid?

Hello everyone!

I heard about lucid dreaming yesterday, and I was amazed by the possibilities it holds, so I read a lot about it. Wanted to try it that night, but all I got was a nightmare and a short amount of sleep. So today, when I got back from school, I had a nap. Had some dreams, some of it I remember, but most I had already forgotten (not really good at DR, something I’ll definately work on).
One that I remember, was most likely an FA, but I cant remember the awakening part. The thing I remember is that I’m in my room and I’m looking at my hand(dont even remember why). and my palm is getting unnaturally big, and my fingers way too small. That moment I realised that I was dreaming. The euphoria that followed was amazing…I still smile when I think about it. After that for a brief time I was kind of passing out…then somehow, I regained control. Next I thought, lets fly (it was kind of a levitation). I felt very heavy, and I moved forward really slow. I levitated to the other side of my room, and saw a lamp, and I thought, ok, lets turn it on just by thinking. Well…what happened is it pulsated for a while, and then just stayed turned off. I said to myself: ohwell, I cant be almighty. (not exact words, my native tounge is not english) Nevertheless, I felt very good. Then the whole thing ended, and I started a normal dream.
What do you think?

Although I’ve never had a lucid dream yet, to me that sounds like a low level lucid dream that transitioned into a ND.

That’s what I thought too, but I want the opinion of an experienced dreamer:) Even if it wasnt an LD, it was very awesome, and people say that LD-s are lot better than ND.

Well, judging by this, you were lucid :truit:

Sounds like one to me:) Keep up the good work:)

You said you were lucid, so I guess you were. :razz:. But we wouldn’t know, what you think matters way more than us, because you were the one that experienced it!

Seems I really had my first lucid dream (that I know of certainly). It’s really a great thing to experience! After that nap, I felt so good I couldnt stand not smiling…
Oh, and purplemonkey, good luck having your first lucid dream!

Yep, congrats! :grin:

Lucidity doesn’t really have much to do with control. IMO (or, in my experience, as this may vary) if you felt that euphoria it wasn’t a low lucid, just your first. For me low lucids are more like “oh, I’m dreaming, that’s cool”, euphoria comes with really understanding what’s going on…

Worth putting in some effort, am I right? :tongue: Imagine when you get used to them and are able to stay in them longer and do more fun stuff.

Definately worth the effort! I also had a nap today (yesterday technicaly, its over mindinght), and I remember falling asleep for a really short time, and then just saying in my dream: I’m dreaming, I’m dreaming then I woke up…eeeh…Oh well, gonna have some good long sleep today, no school tomorrow for us:)
I’m planning on starting a dream journal cause I want to remember more of my dreams. Also, I started using the SILD technique. No luck so far, I’m having trouble falling asleep after using it. Anyway, I hope I’ll get another LD one way or another.

Good job Telarion! You’re getting there, and glad to see your motivation is up and running. Keep it up, and you’ll get plenty of lucids. :content:

Thanks for the encourigement! I started my dream journal. I think I’m making some progress. I know I dream a lot more than I can remember, but I think I’m starting to remember more and more things. (my first night’s summary was 1,5 page, my second was a bit over 2:)) No lucids though. I think I have some problem with the SILD technique.
The first LD I had was after a nap, and I almost had another one in the same situation. So, my theory is that I’m a lot more aware when taking a nap than in the case of normal sleep.
Thinking about this, I had another idea. When I’m in class, and I’m VERY tired, I have these really short intervals of sleep, when I dream, but I can wake up whenever I want. Could this state be used to have LDs?