Can You Describe A Feeling From Lucid Dream?

It looks to me like there is no way to describe with words that feeling when you are lucid or when you become lucid. You are somewhere unknown or better yet known place and it’s all very real and then you do RC, all that rush, excitement, fullness amazingness and I don’t know what else.

But all that is like describing a magical place without magic, if you get me. Why I started this topic is because it seems that what ever I do or however I try to describe to people lucid dreaming they are not just amazed as they could be.

For instance take my best friend. He’s very open minded person but he just don’t want to gave in on idea of lucid dreaming. I’ve talked to him about that, with time he started to mention lucid dreaming and asking me questions. With some time he noticed improvement in DR just because we talked about dreams. Even some dreams he explained me and some states he found himself in. I thought him everything I could, he’s amazed with idea yet he’s not trying, why?

I guess part of guilt for his rejection is on me because I told him that achieving lucidity requires quite a work and dedication and he’s feels at the time that he doesn’t have time for that kind of dedication…

So I thought if I could just describe him the feeling until he gets to experienced it for himself I could motivate him to try and learn lucid dreaming but it seems that words just can’t do the work…

If you have any thought on that share them! :content:

I think the feeling(s) might depend on the dreamer and how experienced he/she is. But I think excitement, freedom and omg-I-did-it-i’m-lucid-huzzah-I’ll-fly-away-now are the usual feelings. Someone might be shocked a little too, though I doubt it. :razz: Then there’s an increase in creativity for me and a rush when I try to decide what to do.

I’m not talking directly about creativity or what you can do but the sensation of knowing that you are in a dream or better to say in a place that is amazing yet you know that you are actually asleep and you can actually think and make decisions just like in WL, you can stop and think, think man, dreams are not radical as they were to you before, it’s like crazy reality yet dream then again reality because your brain doesn’t know whether is a physical sensation or mind sensation - that kinda feeling!

But thanks on the reply! Cheers! :content:

I tried for a year with no luck then evetually managed and although hard to put it into words ypu can tell him it would have been worth waiting ten years for.

Besides the usual excitement and what was already mentioned, my feelings can vary. I might feel like the whole dream, with all its details rushes towards me, inside me, becomes a part of me. Or maybe, I am the dream and the dream is me, I can feel everything that surrounds me, and I’m not only talking about physical things of the dreamworld, but I can feel the dream, the emotions, my emotions, just a hundred times stronger than in real life.

I had no feeling when i noticed that i´m in lucid, i instantly started experimenting :content:

The feeling when becoming lucid is a mixture between a lot of excitement, joy and freedom, which tend to be overcome by the fear of the unknown and of something going wrong. Amongst ones first LDs, it would just be anxiety and panic attacks, as they are not used to it. But slowly the delight, rush and most of all, the ‘emancipation’ of struggle to reach the goal will make one forget about all their fears.

@ Leijona:

Exactly, but mine concern is that this is very hard to describe someone that doesn’t know what you’re talking about, to me it makes perfect sense but to others it may feel just like words. Something like if you describe someone that you’ve been on Hawaii and how great it was that and that’s all they have, just a description of a place or feeling…

@ Dri0m:

It seems to me like you just went on automatic mode even though you were lucid, that’s what I’m trying to change, I’m trying to be lucid in every aspect, sometimes when I want to stop if feels like the dream is pulling me forward, but that’s discussion for another topic!

@ Don Anonymus:

Agree, but the first experience doesn’t have to be terrifying, I guess it’s very different from person to person but there is nothing like that feeling, at lest I didn’t experienced it… :content:

Thanks for the replays!

hmm, i don´t think so, because i walked in that dream and tried to fly, then i woke up… and i still fully remember that dream, just like if it was real :smile:

I think you can actually get a fairly similar taste of what a lucid dream feels like even in real life.
Stop for a moment and observe yor surroundings, then really imagine that all you see, hear and feel is actually part of a dream.
Then start walking around and observing everything, and never take anything for granted - imagine that anything may await you around the corner, pretend that there are lots of strange and unfamiliar creatures in that forest in the distance, and look at houses and buildings and ask yourself “what will I find in there if I walk inside?”.
All these surrealistic thoughts, combined with the LD imagination, will eventually create a feeling very similar to a LD.

But can you actually tell someone what you experienced or how it felt? Can you put this into words?

But I get what you are saying. I develop tendency to just stop with everything and observe, specially if the surroundings is awesome by itself… then a little imagination and that can work very well for the mood! :content:

I’ve never been in that situation, but I can sort of imagine it. I’ve always dreamed (horrible pun) of something like a LD, but never got to it.

I guess it feels lonely, but a good, personal kind of lonely like “I’m free now and nobody will bother me”. Besides the obvious excitement of course. It must also feel like you’re out of time and space, knowing that on the outside you’re lying in the dark and the world is more or less at sleep, but it doesn’t affect you now, life can wait for tonight.

And when you get to do what you’ve always wanted to do, it must feel…it must touch you deeply. You’d feel satisfied and gain insight about yourself or something else. And you’d probably wish it would last forever too.

You know the feeling when you are in a rollercoaster, upside down, excited, full of adrenaline? Well, multiply that by 10x, add some freedom, remove the laws of physics, give yourself some magic abilities and you should be somewhere close to what a LD feels like.

:grin: Well said Paulius. Oh and congrats on your 2 LD’s in one night! [size=59](saw that in what made you happy topic :smile: [/size])

I think you should tell him that he could get a Dream recorder, a digital tape recorder to record dreams, then he’d be able to do that in no time. He can sum up a really huge dream, it works for me. I have experianced feelings in my dream like all the sudden my throat was hurting and all the sudden I’d have to go to the bathroom. I feel that one alot. Anyways, that’s all I have so far. haha. :smile:

I feel sheer joy. Do you remember the first time that you were able to ride a bicyle? What about that moment when you could actually swim for the very first time? You felt like jumping up and down, screaming out in joy, like you were free, right? Like you can do anything you want to, and it would be easy because you have a new skill. You can easily explain with past scenarios; you don’t have to limit your description to adjectives.

True, but non of the previous experiences brought me that can of feeling like this one. It’s not quite easy to compare waking life experiences with dream experiences. It’s like flying, you never saw a man flying but you can actually do that in a dream and it feels like anything else that we label under the “real” experience, but driving a bike, anyone can do this and you can see people doing that all the time…

Yeah man, but don’t you remeber the very first time you rode a bike? You were probably a child, so it might be hard to understand now. For me, they’re very similar. You’ve just learned a new skill, you feel free, you feel like telling everyone you know, screaming out in joy, as you would in a lucid dream. Yeah sure, the LD is definitely more intense, but do you see what I’m getting at? :smile:

Well I do understand and you are right, well I guess I just don’t remember the feeling exactly, those from the dream are more “fresh”… :content:

I have always thought that the music video for the Masterboy pop song “Land of Dreaming” is a great example of what lucid dreaming feels like; might as well enjoy the song itself as well, since it’s very pretty:

youtube.com/watch?v=auUGXOM6 … re=related

See those yellow landscapes with the great tree?
That’s the kind of wonderfully surrealistic setting you would often have in a lucid dream, and the video does a great job actually conveying that feeling.
Add the fact that you would be able to do absolutely anything you wanted from that point on and a feeling of sheer, constant joy and that’s pretty similar to a lucid dream.