Questions :)

Hey, i’ve only discovered the Lucid Dreaming topic yesterday, and since then i’ve been very intrested and spent the whole day searching through foruns and in youtube. I’ve been wanting to exprience LD, but i’ve been scared that instead, i end up in a nightmare. I got some questions:

Do you feel any pain or fear while in a nightmare?
What were the scariest thing that ever appeard to you?
When you are in a dream? It’s just you, or everyone else is there, for example you go to your school and everyone else is there?
A nightmare equals to sleep paralysis?
When you’re trying to enter LD through WILD method, you can end up in sleep paralysis?
How to get out of a dream, when it becomes too scary?
I heard you hear strange things when entering LD through WILD method, what kind of things have you all already heard?

Thank you

Well, I’ll answer some of your questions: :smile:

1.- You don’t have to worry so much about what happens in a dream. You dream every night and you are still alive, aren’t you? So don’t worry about nightmares.
2.- Yes, in a dream you can meet friends, relatives, famous people… It’s up to you. You can talk to them and have fun. They are not real, they are “reflections”.
3.- Well, sleep paralysis is a process in which you can’t actually move. :sad: If you’re trying to WILD and open your eyes you could see hypnagogic hallucinations (faces, people, footsteps…). Nothing to worry about, just relax and focus in your own thoughts. :wink:
4.- To get out of a dream you can lie down to sleep in a bed, try to jump off a building, close your eyes… I think of a black screen to get out of my dreams.
5.- I haven’t done WILD very often, but I’ve heard some buzzing sounds and someone calling me. I also felt a pulling sensation as if I were levitating on my bed.

I think you shouldn’t worry so much about the scary things that could happen. Just think about haw funny can a lucid dream be. For example, in my first LD I was at school and watched my marks only to see how the text would change in a paper. It was amazing. Have you ever wanted to fly? Me too. In my next LD I’ll try to fly (if I remember to do so). :tongue:

I find that doing a lot of RC and keeping a DJ is the best method to follow for a beginner. In about a month you’ll be able to have a LD without a big effort.

Good luck! :wink:

Also with practise you can turn nightmares into LD’s, don’t worry about them.

Thanks for all the answers you gave :smile: What the method you use most to enter an LD?

I try to MILD every night before going to bed. I find it very easy and useful. With DILD and a few RC and your DJ you’ll succeed in a couple of weeks. :wink:

I also find it easy to recall my dreams if I’ve had a nap before.

Once when I was six , I saw Freedy from Elm Street movie , his claws was like ripping my kidneys.But after that I didn’t see any nightmare.It’s only in your head.How much you think about it , that often you’ll see it.

Well , I think I answered that :smile:

In your dream you are all alone.DC s are your sub-conscious’ reflection that it creates for you with info from your RL.For example you saw someone you think you never saw in your life.But maybe you have seen it.But you can’t remember.And your sub-conscious takes it from the storage one day and shows you.

If you have courage.There is no power can make you see a nightmare.I watch lots of horror movies but I don’t see.Because I don’t obsess myself with it.

Well , that’s a probability.But if you try hard you can pass that step too.

It wasn’t scary to me.But I want to get out when I’m bored.But in LD with that excitement,adventures etc. you won’t feel bored.But if you can’t resist it , if you see scary dreams and you’re lucid say yourself this : “I’m now sleeping comfortably in my bed.No one can harm me.This is just a dream , nothing else.”

I only heard my friends and relatives like talking to me.It was weird.I didn’t even understand what they were saying.And it wasn’t scary.It’s like a riddle you are trying to solve.This happened to me twice but it was unintentional.I mean before I knew there something called LD WILD etc.So I didn’t take next step.
I hope I will be able to help you.Good luck to your dream journey ! :smile:

I pinch my nose mostly.It helped me two times to see a RCILD .Another technique was WBTB and I recommend you that in the beginning.Because your probability to see a LD is increasing in the middle of the night and if you woke up but sleepy.It’s the best technique for me so far…

Thanks for the answers. I gotta try it despite my fear of nightmares and scary characters.