Is it possible to induce a LD at the beginning of the night?

Just wondering if it’s possible because i’d rather be lucid dreaming the whole night rather than just the last couple of hours, you know?

I’m sure it is possible, however very unlikely. Typically people don’t normally dream at all during non-REM sleep, and REM is only about 20% of your time asleep. Generally your first REM cycle happens after about 90 minutes of sleep (give or take based on the individual and other things) and is fairly short. As the night goes on, REM cycles get longer and more frequent.

This is also the reason WILD is generally not recommended at the beginning of the night, as well as why WBTB’s are usually at least 4 hours into the night.

Graphically, a normal night’s sleep would look something like this:

Hello,

There are two aspects to it, one is extending the REM period and another is Recall.
We are dreaming around 10 dreams per night but are able to remember only 20%. So the first step is to improve dream recall. This can be done by keeping a dream journal and programming your mind to remember the dreams.
Normally we dream in REM state which follows a cycle of 90 minutes. However there is a technique called ’ REM Rebound effect’ which means depriving yourself of proper sleep the previous day so that you can add extra REM period the next day. However it needs to be seen as whether dreaming the whole night is possible since the SC too needs rest to process information and even if U feel that U were dreaming the whole night, its because our mind creates that illusion.

Thanks for the replies! :smile: Now what if I was to learn how to get into sleep paralysis at will, which is an on-going process, and induce a lucid dream that way right before I go to sleep. Would REM sleep still be a factor if I choose this tactic?

Sleep Paralysis is generally associated with REM Sleep and it needs to be seen whether SP can happen in NREM sleep. However, you can Astral Project at any time and convert it into a dream. There are several techniques for inducing AP incl meditation. If you want to get dreams quickly you have to adjust your sleep cycle so that you sleep before REM cycle.

But in my opinion, its difficult to dream the whole night because the dream fluctuates widely with REM period but there are certain lucid dream pills which claims to extend REM period so that you can dream more.

It’s possible. But the effort it would take to do that… ugh.

You need to get some experience first for doing that because it’s hard to do it.But like everyone else said it’s better to wake up 4 1/2 , 6 or 7 1/2 hours after sleep and try it.

Here is a tip for you.It’s the best to try it in an afternoon nap if you have time.Because that time people are entering REM directly.

But before WILD , I think you should try MILD,RCILD,WBTB etc. because WILD is not easy even for a pro.Good luck !

Thank you so much for the replies, you have been very helpful! :smile: I feel like as the days go by i’m getting closer and closer to reaching my goal of learning to attain lucidity in my dreams due mostly to my growing intention. I can’t wait untill I get there!