Instruments, instrumentals, inciting!

Wow, that playlist is so helpful, thanks FiXato!
I like this rendition of Bloody Tears, from Castlevania. Sounds very nice, and actually quite different to the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MM_Q0nfaG0
Also, I checked out 2Cellos. Awesome. :tongue:

Omg Fix! That’s 121 vids with 7 hours duration. X_x Totally gonna use that for whenever I need to study. Is it going to be kept updated, because that would be awesome? I’ll pay you in cookies. /me gives Fix a cookie

Gonna put that link in my first post. :happy:

Ok…more app’s de la fantastique!

Two that I highly recommend for any synth heads out there.

First one from one of my favorite synth creators, Korg…the iKaossilator both for the iPad and iPhone…just like the iMS-20, it is a faithful reproduction of the famous Korg Kaoss Pad with lots of sexy electronica templates to create with and lots of space to create one’s own templates with as well. Beautiful sounds from the best of the best, IMHO

Second is what I’ve been dreaming of (Woo!)…something new and innovative from Moog but more user friendly (price being part of the equation :smile: ) A little blurb from the genius musical minds at Moog…

“Animoog is the first professional synthesizer designed for the iPhone 4 and 4s. Powered by Moog’s new Anisotropic Synthesis Engine, Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the moderntouch surface paradigm, enabling any user to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.”

This I say…Animoog is no goofy little musical game app. It is a condensed Moog synthesizer right there on your iPhone, with a huge library of presets which flex the muscles, so to speak, of just what this thing can do…and anyone who knows anything about Moog and the epic/iconic sounds it’s technology has unearthed…will know the implications of this. Wonderful, wonderful musical science! I love this app :happy:

Almost forgot about this topic :shy: Since I just found a great band, I’ll share! It seems that rock IS NOT DEAD! And they’re british, like most of the good oldies :razz:. supposedly influenced by Pink Floyd, Genesis, Reinassance, and folk music.

Mostly Autumn - Helms Deep

Mostly Autumn - Fading Colours

Just because people stopped posting here. Here is a video to show just how much love can be had between one person and an instrument. /me whistles the tune

This is by far one of the best songs ever: [youtube.com/watch?v=hSsjxbRxgqY(has](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSsjxbRxgqY(has) AWSOME organ)
Heres another good one: youtube.com/watch?v=PGwPSPIh … re=related

Pink floyd. Listen.Enjoy. Its good for your health.

/me truits Castillo :truit:

This isn’t the music thread, that’s elsewhere. This is the thread of instruments and instrumentals. As the title says :o

Fine

EDIT: This is by far one of the best songs ever: [youtube.com/watch?v=hSsjxbRxgqY(has](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSsjxbRxgqY(has) AWSOME organ)

Music (Pulp Fiction theme) in the center of vienna (starring the hammered dulcimer aka ‘Hackbrett’)

MagykKatte: you are using the url tags wrong :smile:

You should’ve used them like:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpIHBqi0Ns&feature=related[/url] and their more famous cover of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6ksbwLnVQ&feature=related[/url] to make them show up as:

Or, preferably, as:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpIHBqi0Ns]2Cellos - The Resistance (Muse Cover)[/url]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6ksbwLnVQ]2Cellos - Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson cover)[/url]

To make them show up as:

(Though the second video is marked as private, and thus we can’t see it (anymore))

Also, the YouTube playlist has been updated with the videos mentioned here.

And I couldn’t resist posting this image when I saw it on DeviantArt:

Colors of Music

Here’s good one
First of all, good song, great band :content:

The string instrument played by the bloke in the middle is called a gitouki. There are probably only 3 in existnce, all made by this band. One of them was stolen years ago and never heard of since, the other 2 are still played by this band.

It started when one of their regular guitars was heavily damaged in a saw accident. Instead of throwing it away they decided to remodel what was left to the shape of a bouzouki, a traditional Irish instrument. They added a bouzouki headstock so they could put on the 4x2 strings of a bouzouki. So the gitouki was born (guitar = gitaar in Dutch)

The result is a bouzouki with a much fuller, rounder, warmer sound. Instead of the traditional GG DD aa ee tunings they tune it down to D1D GG hh ee which allows them to play a very deep bass along with normal melodies. This band plays without a bass instrument (with the ocasional exception when they use their tea-chest bass) but with the amplified gitouki there is absolutely no need for it.

Their other gitouki is simply a slightly modiefied bouzouki, and can is heard played beautifully here

Wow that’s pretty good find Blenderman :smile:

Bumpity bump!

As some of you know (or don’t), one of my hobbies is listening to video game music and transcribing it. As a result, I listen to A LOT of VGM. I feel there are quite a few that would fit nicely in this thread, and some overlooked games with incredible music.

Sonic and the Black Knight - Knight of the Wind
youtube.com/watch?v=lndJB0F4tYc
Sonic and the Black Knight - The Queen of the Underworld
youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0Dw9xUHuA

Baten Kaitos - Limpidly Flow
youtube.com/watch?v=1TIqt7qOBrk
Baten Kaitos Origins - Le Ali Del Principio
youtube.com/watch?v=YPqwqC18ugU (one of my favorites)

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - Folsense (Live)
youtube.com/watch?v=M6T0y9gN-kQ
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Layton’s Theme (Live)
youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA (a bit more upbeat than the others)

Chrono Cross - Time’s Scar (Orchestral version)
youtube.com/watch?v=SoSG3m4FHgQ

Tales of Symphonia - Revival
youtube.com/watch?v=cwoNBXNhzN8

World of Goo - Wind Through The Willows
youtube.com/watch?v=sRNPwlulGlE

Bioshock - Cohen’s Masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=nlu2z2gkhhI (might not be everyone’s cup of tea)

Eternal Sonata - Pyroxene of the Heart
youtube.com/watch?v=TttTC-zXJ6Q (same composer as Baten Kaitos)

That’s it for now. Enjoy. :content:

Wow Wyv, pretty amazing songs. The first sonic song surprised me :razz: That Limpidly Flow sounded familiar, like another song. o_O I really like Professor Layton music, because it always brings a new agey feel to the old school nature of the game. And yes, that piccolo in Time’s Scar is more epic than the violins. XD I have never heard of World of Goo, but that song was pretty nice. Also, you have made me fall in love with Cohen’s masterpiece and I can’t wait to get a piano so I can begin learning it. <3

Despite the amazing amount of Zelda music I love, here is another video game song I really enjoy and like to play:
Final Fantasy X - At Zanarkand. I think these guys pull it off wonderfully.

I am of the belief that some people really don’t pay enough to music in movies, tv series and anime. But there are so many composers and shows out there with great movie music, so I’m not gonna post it all. But here’s some other random stuff I thought was cool :tongue:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Fireworks.

The Last Airbender - The Final Blow
The Last Airbender - Cave Jivin’
The Last Airbender - The End of Avatar (This is the same tune as Final Blow, just played differently)
Legend of Korra - Main Theme

Joshua Radin - Sesame Street (I post the version with the Scrubs background, just because I like J.D’s voiceover)

Rowan Atkinson - Invisible Drum Kit (I thought this was hilarious :razz:)

And of course, because this has too much epic tracks in it to not post at least one:
Doctor Who - I am the Doctor (I like how this version has the Doctor’s speech in it)

It’s nice to see someone else enjoying the Avatar soundtrack and I would like to add:
The Last Airbender - Peace Excerpt, which I think is the best of the series.

On another note, there’s a a couple masters of instruments that I wanted to share with you:

First of all, from the same band that I posted about last time, is David Myles. Apart from being one of the best bagpipe players around, he tends to set them on fire. Last may the 5th, our Liberation Day, he came on with flaming bagpipes, played our national anthem and then they went on to rock the field of oh… let’s say 50.000 people :content:

And then there is Trace Bundy… He might have been put up on this topic before, I don’t know, but he’s so good it wouldn’t hurt to put him up twice.
Now, I know a guitar isn’t a particularly original instrument, but there are few that can play one like this.

The Piano Guys took another of Beethoven’s compositions, namely his 5th Symphony and turned it into this wonderful song: Beethoven’s 5 Secrets - OneRepublic (Cello/Orchestral Cover)
They sure know how to put their love for their instruments into music filled with love and passion.

My friend linked me this, and I thought it was too beautiful to not post here. Only for the major Lord of The Rings Fan:

The Dwarven Song of Old Wealth/Over the Misty Mountains Cold - 27 Verse Cover

<3 :content:

Being all aboutthe chinese history and culture. There couldneverbe an insturment i love more than the Yangqin, beautful sound, capable of so much, and just simply amazing.
Spring on River Qing

As an exmaple of it’s diversity, here’s an example of being used in Chinese rock style in one of my favourite game franchises
Interceptor
(along with some other chinese instruments :wink:

Those are awesome Ebil

Holy gods crap o.o Zomg Zelda

It’s epic :woah: